Is this true or is the Authority of Scripture true?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
All o the other word religions miss it... Hinduism, Islam, Jehovah's Witness, New Age, Catholicism and so on that Jesus alone is 100% the Father and 100% Man. He died on the cross, rose in body (not just spirit), and is coming back.

It matters because many "christians" I talk to will not say Jesus is the only way, the truth and the life... no one comes to the Father except by Me. They somehow rationalize even if you believe in Islam you will go to heaven because you believe in "god". and just don't know Jesus..

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Anyone can use the title Christian. Doesn't make it true. Part of claiming the title of a belief system is to express an adherence to its core beliefs. If one denies those core beliefs the title then becomes invalid.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
All o the other word religions miss it... Hinduism, Islam, Jehovah's Witness, New Age, Catholicism and so on that Jesus alone is 100% the Father and 100% Man. He died on the cross, rose in body (not just spirit), and is coming back.

It matters because many "christians" I talk to will not say Jesus is the only way, the truth and the life... no one comes to the Father except by Me. They somehow rationalize even if you believe in Islam you will go to heaven because you believe in "god". and just don't know Jesus..

You need to clarify what you mean by Jesus 100% the Father.

7seasrekeyed

you sure?

I do not know one single Christian, and I've been around a bit, you denies that Jesus is the way TO the Father

what people say in this forum may be another matter because I could only vouch for some people here being who and what they say they are. this is the internet after all

why are you saying Jesus is the Father?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

There are millions of people that say this, but there are NO CHRISTIANS that say this. Anyone who says/believes this IS NOT a Christian.

no1

Aug 19, 2019

Let every man be a liar, but God be true.
Though Jesus and the Father are one, they are not the same beings.
They can separate from each other, and have a will and desires of their own.
Jesus had to submit to the will of the Father's, and not His own.
Jesus was not the Father in physical form.
God the Father is the Father.
Jesus is God the Son.
They two, makeup two thirds of one being, just like there is more than one of you within yourself, which speaks to you, even arguing with you at times, and yet, there is only one of you.
There are three beings who makeup GOD, each being different from each other, yet part of the whole of who GOD is in scope and ability.
For instance, the Father would not be able to create anything without Jesus, for all things come out of Him, and Jesus would not have been able to create anything without the Holy Spirit, the Life Blood and Water of Jesus, and of God the Father, or the power of both.
God is not like H2O.
He is not a solid at frigid temperatures, a liquid at moderate temperatures, and a gas at high temperatures.
God is not in the role playing game either.
He is not the Father playing the roll of the Son, and neither did Jesus claim to be the Father. He did not speak to or pray to Himself, but to His Father.
The Father is the head and greater than both Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
The Father sent Jesus, who was, and was with God the Father, before the word of God was made flesh.
They are separate beings, making up one God.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Sep 14, 2019
There are in fact some Christians who believe that Jesus is the Father. They also believe he is the Holy Spirit. It's known as Modalism and the largest denomination that holds that view today is the Oneness Pentecostals. That said, it was arguably the main rival to Trinitarianism in the early Christian centuries, so there was a time when it was far more popular than it is now.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Is Isaiah in error when he was given to pass on to us from the Word that the Babe to be born to a virgen would be called God Almighty, Everlasting Father, Wonderful, Coundelor and Prince of Peace? I do not belong to any denomination other thab the one mentioned in passing by our Savior Yeshua., but I do believe what God gave to His prophets to pass on to us.

Sep 7, 2019

They know Jesus. They reject Him as their Savior. They follow a different God, and they know it. A god who permits them to lie and cheat and steal from non-believers, such as those "christians" you mentioned. They have been duped.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

It matters because many "Christians" I talk to will not say Jesus is the only way, the truth and the life... no one comes to the Father except by Me. They somehow rationalize even if you believe in Islam you will go to heaven because you believe in "god". and just don't know Jesus..

The Authority of the scriptures is true.. And sadly a lot of supposedly ""christian"" denominations miss the truth as well.. Sadly it seems that humans think God should be a certain way and that the way to eternity with Him should be had a certain way.. This is why most religions on the world and many supposedly ""christian"" denominations focus on Works salvation.. Good works.. Work of sin avoidance.. The Work of taking part in religous ceremonies and observing days.. Work Work Work.. Justify yourself.. Make the grade.. This is the way men think is right but it is the way that leads to death..

Proverbs 14: KJV
12 "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019

The scenario you describe is exactly what’s wrong with liberalism. Liberals twist truth in order to achieve their goals. There are many wolves in sheep’s clothing standing in the pulpit who have social agendas contrary to God’s Word, and their messages have infected the multitudes. Jesus is the only Way, Truth and Life. Political Correctness be damned!

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Anyone can use the title Christian. Doesn't make it true. Part of claiming the title of a belief system is to express an adherence to its core beliefs. If one denies those core beliefs the title then becomes invalid.
Amen! There are genuine Christians and there are "nominal" Christians. There are genuine believers and there are make believers.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
You need to clarify what you mean by Jesus 100% the Father.
I mean He is 100% God and 100% Man....

I see where I could have made confusion.... But really Father is 100% God, Jesus is 100% God so why not 100%Father .... and 100%Son/Man/God?
My bad sorry.