is true humility possible?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2018
Self righteousness seems like an oxymoron to me because righteousness. Right standing, includes denying self, humility.
Thus it is deception.
A very easy trap.
It is why the body of Christ needs loving members with a true concern to love others and bring loving correction.

U

UnderGrace

Absolutely, I am living proof of it, look at me ...

the greatest achievement of my life!

*drumroll*

I have achieved humility, I'm so proud of myself

um ..

never mind, I lost it,

so :whistle:*tapping the two tips of my index fingers*:giggle::unsure:*and darting my eyes*,

what is true humility?

No

U

UnderGrace

If unachievable, then don't worry about it, unachievable anyway

Don't worry about it ...
Does that mean? freedom!
No, it means the flesh is not being redeemed.
Humility comes from Jesus within us, so it is not really our humility.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Since He indwells us now, He is the Gift, He must increase and we must decrease as John said at Jesus baptism.

K

kaylagrl

Proverbs 21:28
A false witness shall perish: but the man that heareth speaketh constantly.

A false witness, which is the witness who may be using God’s Word, but is not using God’s Word in the context of righteousness (Proverbs 8:8, 12:17, Romans 1:16-18). The Bible tells us plainly that those who are perishing are those who consider the preaching of the Cross foolishness (1 Corinthians 1:18). Let’s be clear. Those who are not preaching the message of the Cross as the avenue to meet with God, commune with God, and to receive all that God has offered man, are not preaching the message because it is foolishness to them. I have been in that mindset before as I thought I had gone on beyond the Cross, but now I have learned that to go on beyond the Cross, is to go on without the Lord working in my life (Galatians 1:6, 5:1-4).

The man who hears is the man who is hearing the Truth, and the man who is hearing the Truth is not ashamed to declare the Truth, which is the message of the Cross. The more they hear, the more they are found sharing. Those who aren’t sharing Truth are NOT hearing Truth.

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!

Pastor Curtis

Again our faith is in Christ,not the cross, which is what you said in your post.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Thus it is deception.
A very easy trap.
It is why the body of Christ needs loving members with a true concern to love others and bring loving correction.
Emphasis on loving correction, knowing both how to give and receive it. So often, we spend our energy on correcting others, but unwilling to take correction. Humility helps with this, huh?

M

Miri

If you want to know humble, then study Moses.

Numbers 12:1-3 NKJV
[1] Then Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married; for he had married an Ethiopian woman. [2] So they said, "Has the LORD indeed spoken only through Moses? Has He not spoken through us also?" And the LORD heard it. [3] (Now the man Moses was very humble, more than all men who were on the face of the earth.)

He was raised in luxury but was willing to forsake that and be obedient to God.

He doubted himself and his abilities but in his weakness, he was strong as he leaned on God.

His people mattered to him, not just one or two, not just his immediate family, not just his
neighbours, but all the tribes all the millions of people.

He got anxious and stressed by the burden of leadership, he doubted himself, he didn't lord it over others, but he was still willing to fulfill the role God had given him.

He recognised the need to act quickly when tragedy struck the camp,

When he messed up and God said he wouldn’t be allowed into the promised land, he didn’t
stop believing in God, he accepted that judgement.

Very little about Moses was about Him. It was about God and God’s people.

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
If you want to know humble, then study Moses.

Numbers 12:1-3 NKJV
[1] Then Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married; for he had married an Ethiopian woman. [2] So they said, "Has the LORD indeed spoken only through Moses? Has He not spoken through us also?" And the LORD heard it. [3] (Now the man Moses was very humble, more than all men who were on the face of the earth.)

He was raised in luxury but was willing to forsake that and be obedient to God.

He doubted himself and his abilities but in his weakness, he was strong as he leaned on God.

His people mattered to him, not just one or two, not just his immediate family, not just his
neighbours, but all the tribes all the millions of people.

He got anxious and stressed by the burden of leadership, he doubted himself, he didn't lord it over others, but he was still willing to fulfill the role God had given him.

He recognised the need to act quickly when tragedy struck the camp,

When he messed up and God said he wouldn’t be allowed into the promised land, he didn’t
stop believing in God, he accepted that judgement.

Very little about Moses was about Him. It was about God and God’s people.
How's the humble bumble bee on a tea kettle doing?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Yes! I want to know as well, it is so sweet to see.
blessings, in Jesus name

L

Locoponydirtman

To answer your title question, I don't think the human is capable of true humility. Even in doing righteous deeds, pride wells up. Thus all our righteousness is as soiled rags. Stained by self satisfaction and pride.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Our faith is a process of becoming less and less ourselves and more and more like Christ, we should not be at a static state.

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
Moses walked humbly with God. That's what made him holy. Not priestlyness or perfection, but a humble heart with God

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
The anointed closer toward the absence of self righteousness but still not there yet while relying on God on this matter of humility and wanting to claim victory in Jesus as the winner which is clearly too long like the ultimate username so I shorten it for cc as the anointed winner instead
Lol