Is Your Light Shining?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
If you are close in your walk with God then more than likely you are serving Him and fulfilling the calling He has for you...
Sometimes we get sucked into worldly ways and stop following God's will. We fall away from serving Him...we get lazy. We miss the real blessing He has for us and our families.

In Matthew 5:14-16 it says:
Yea are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill can not be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

For many years my light would shine and go dim. Shine and go dim. God brought me to my knees and I didn't think I could kneel any further! Boy was I wrong! I have caused my children to suffer.
I have picked up my light. I'm letting it shine. He's teaching me that I need to follow Him in all ways and serve Him in sharing my victories in Him with anyone willing to listen.
I encourage you to let your light shine! He's calling His people to serve. Now is the time!

Last edited:
Z

Zi

Just for those that don't know, what do you mean by follow Him, serve Him? How do we know we are following Him?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine..."

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
Just for those that don't know, what do you mean by follow Him, serve Him? How do we know we are following Him?
2Timothy 2:20-22
But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and of Earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

1Timothy 6

We need to seek the Lord in all things. We pray and read God's word. We strive to work for His kingdom. We do this by decreasing self and worldly things and increasing the Lord in all ways. We try to show the love of Jesus to others through our faith, our love, and the lives we lead. The more we do this the more we receive God's blessings in our lives. We find peace and joy in all things.

karen0123

Dec 14, 2011
If you are close in your walk with God then more than likely you are serving Him and fulfilling the calling He has for you...
Sometimes we get sucked into worldly ways and stop following God's will. We fall away from serving Him...we get lazy. We miss the real blessing He has for us and our families.

In Matthew 5:14-16 it says:
Yea are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill can not be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

For many years my light would shine and go dim. Shine and go dim. God brought me to my knees and I didn't think I could kneel any further! Boy was I wrong! I have caused my children to suffer.
I have picked up my light. I'm letting it shine. He's teaching me that I need to follow Him in all ways and serve Him in sharing my victories in Him with anyone willing to listen.
I encourage you to let your light shine! He's calling His people to serve. Now is the time!

Your testimony, write a book, idea call your book (I encourage you to let your light shine! ) Let your light shine I’m guilty of this.

Your book you will be helping other Christians around the world, because a lot of Christians forget to let their light shine.

10-four

Oct 13, 2017
Oh boy.I remember a time when I let my light shine for the devil but when I accepted Christ I had to let my light shine to the same gang of guys that I used to party and chase women with.And that was an experience let me tell ya! They thought that I was full of it and they thought I wouldn't last two weeks as a Christian.But with His help I'm still standing and fighting the good fight.On a positive note one of my old running buddies attends church with me regularly and even shows an interest in accepting Christ because of my shining example. God is good!Amen!

Nevrose

Oct 20, 2017
Yes its shinning and now its shinning even brighter. I am not gonna let it down. there are lot of benefit in letting it shine.
God bless you.
Nevin.

10-four

Oct 13, 2017
I had a bit of trouble letting my light shine today.There was a guy that showed up at the thrift store where I work with my ex bro in law.
This guy wanted a particular item but didn't want to pay the full price for it and got really argumentative and rude when I refused to cut the price even lower than I'd offered.
Well I can take you cursing me out for Jesus's sake but I won't stand for you cursing me out for something else.So I got a little rough with him to the point that my brother had to intervene.The guy finally left with nothing and I was so disappointed in myself for loosing my cool but oh well.I'll be fine.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I will be truthful here. The more my body doesn't cooperate with the way things used to be...like cleaning my house and keeping it shining...the less my "light" shines the way it should.

And the more my husband feels battered because he just doesn't care.

A new trial I've never dealt with before.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
I had a bit of trouble letting my light shine today.There was a guy that showed up at the thrift store where I work with my ex bro in law.
This guy wanted a particular item but didn't want to pay the full price for it and got really argumentative and rude when I refused to cut the price even lower than I'd offered.
Well I can take you cursing me out for Jesus's sake but I won't stand for you cursing me out for something else.So I got a little rough with him to the point that my brother had to intervene.The guy finally left with nothing and I was so disappointed in myself for loosing my cool but oh well.I'll be fine.
We all make mistakes. The fruits of the Spirit take time to grow bro! You'll do better next time!

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I will be truthful here. The more my body doesn't cooperate with the way things used to be...like cleaning my house and keeping it shining...the less my "light" shines the way it should.

And the more my husband feels battered because he just doesn't care.

A new trial I've never dealt with before.
:) I just reread this again. I meant my husband doesn't care if the house shines or not. He doesn't want me hurting myself.

Sorry, sweetie.

Feb 28, 2016
:) I just reread this again. I meant my husband doesn't care if the house shines or not. He doesn't want me hurting myself.

Sorry, sweetie.
=============================================

if you 'think' that Jesus cares just how 'clean' your worldly-house' is, then you
definitely need a 'wake-up-call', dear one,,,with Him, it is all about our 'inner-house',
and how we are putting to use the many lessons that He has taught us from
our 'conversion'...you sound like that you are still in some kind of 'bondage'
to the 'world's expections'...
Trust Him with all of your heart above everything else that you have ever known',
and He will 'step-in'; if you do this, He will set your heart/priorities in His perfect order'...

Last edited:

10-four

Oct 13, 2017
I let my light shine all day today. And I feel great.Amen.

Feb 28, 2016
we are all of us still only 'human', but each and every day, when He begins to call us out
of this wicked-world, our Saviour teaches us what we must 'over-come', no matter how much
we 'believed' -
in our 'old-ways' and that the 'old-worldly-bondages are just who we really 'were'...sad but true'...

as we grow day by day, He continually teaches us what HIS REAL priorities are for us
on an individual basis. it can be really difficult sometimes, but He always comes through for us,
IF we surrender-all, and only desire to only OBEY Him and His Holy Ways...

if we are honest with ourselves, it is certainly the 'only, real, challenge, that we are blessed with,
in our God-Given-Blessed-Lives...

ccc999

Mar 18, 2016
hi greetings to you in the name of our lord

10-four

Oct 13, 2017
I'm still letting it shine. And I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I try to let it shine, but it's not always brightly lit..

Dec 16, 2012
Most definitely. Beautifully, brightly and always shining! :cool:

Mar 23, 2016
[video=youtube;vLyDOa40ueE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLyDOa40ueE[/video]

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
If it's His glory that shines...it can't be dim can it? Just a thought.