It is personal...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Have you ever been rejected, maybe by people you care for and love very much?

We all know the story of His experience on the cross. Some may think... yes, it is horrible but many have been tortured and killed for things they did not do, Why does His sacrifice stand the test of time, why us it so much more grievous than all the other slaughters?

Well, because once you get to know our Lord and Savior, you recognize that He suffered and died for each and everyone one of us. It is personal, more personal than anything anyone will ever do for you, or you for them.

The very Son of God, the Creator, the Comforter, chose to go through all the unbearable abuse at the hands of the people He loved so very much. Can you even fathom, being beat and spit on, nails and a crown of thorns penetrating the flesh, hanging you, all while hate and venomous mocking and cruelty slung at you? All of that and so much more, and He was and is so very innocent? I mean completely blameless to the point His time on earth was spent serving, helping, healing, and saving others? If you heard Mother Teresa had all these things happen to her, you'd be shocked and angered. Well, all her selfless love expressed in action doesn't come close to all the good Jesus had done and continues to do.

He took it, and He took it some more. He didn't say, “free me”, or “please stop”. He didn't hold anger and bitter thoughts towards the hate thrown at Him. He did not feel sorry for Himself. He just prayed to His Father to forgive them, the ones who are guilty of such harsh brutality. Don't you get it... If you reject Him still today, it is so beyond unfair to Him. He did it all for you, for me to the extent that when He died, so did we.

Now it is time to walk in His victory. He is risen, so too are we. Again, it is personal, not abstract or distant; it is clear and it is up close, solid, tangible and real.

Acknowledge it, for yourself and for your loves, cling to His Forgiveness. It is a big deal; He is worthy to be praised for all eternity!!!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Amen. Reminds me of a song some of the lyrics are "Blessed be the name of th e Lord, He iw rthy to be loved and adored.

You certainly know where the spiritual buttons are. I always thing of how our wonderful Savior saide in His Agony on th e cross, "Father, forgive thm, for they know not what they do." I always ask myself to seek this appreciation of all, even avowed enemies. Praise God, amen. God bless you always.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Amen. Reminds me of a song some of the lyrics are "Blessed be the name of th e Lord, He iw rthy to be loved and adored.

You certainly know where the spiritual buttons are. I always thing of how our wonderful Savior saide in His Agony on th e cross, "Father, forgive thm, for they know not what they do." I always ask myself to seek this appreciation of all, even avowed enemies. Praise God, amen. God bless you always.
Yes, even to the enemies...and we can only hope to love that beautifully through and in Him. May we bless Him in all that we do. Hugs.

Apr 8, 2019
I always remember this anytime I find myself not being as humble as I should be or if I find myself lacking courage.

I just imagine what it must've taken to willingly go and do that. Not only the physical pain of crucifixion, the word excruciating basically means the pain you feel on the cross. But to know that taking on sin was infinitely worse than that, worse than the worse kind of pain we can imagine. And to know that He did this out of love for us.

That really grounds me. I pray that I can have even a fraction of the humility and courage that Jesus had.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
This thread is keeping me in tears. Jesus, Yeshua, perfection is our King, amen.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"TEARS...TEARS...TEARS........Ponder this very carefully...a profoundness within those words,
that many understand not. Surrender...Surrender...Surrender...Ponder this very carefully.
Turning all of me over to God...tears and surrender, I remember well...some two decades ago.
This too...has to be lived...believe it!"......:)
'Praise God'.......I'M Alive...I'M Alive...I'M Alive..........I came...I came to...I came to believe...God is."

Attachments

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I always remember this anytime I find myself not being as humble as I should be or if I find myself lacking courage.

I just imagine what it must've taken to willingly go and do that. Not only the physical pain of crucifixion, the word excruciating basically means the pain you feel on the cross. But to know that taking on sin was infinitely worse than that, worse than the worse kind of pain we can imagine. And to know that He did this out of love for us.

That really grounds me. I pray that I can have even a fraction of the humility and courage that Jesus had.
Well said, me too, so much. I pray this with you and for you as well.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
This thread is keeping me in tears. Jesus, Yeshua, perfection is our King, amen.
Oh Brother, His Grace overwhelms me too. He will forever be the best and most awesome miracle of selfless love. Always and Forever.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
"TEARS...TEARS...TEARS........Ponder this very carefully...a profoundness within those words,
that many understand not. Surrender...Surrender...Surrender...Ponder this very carefully.
Turning all of me over to God...tears and surrender, I remember well...some two decades ago.
This too...has to be lived...believe it!"......:)
'Praise God'.......I'M Alive...I'M Alive...I'M Alive..........I came...I came to...I came to believe...God is."
Praise His Glorious and Miraculous name, Oh Lord God of Host

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
God stores our tears in a little bottle with our name on it.

That is in the Psalms, and He keeps them as a memorial...…...Snow, how perfectly huumble is our Lord, amen.

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
Have you ever been rejected, maybe by people you care for and love very much?

We all know the story of His experience on the cross. Some may think... yes, it is horrible but many have been tortured and killed for things they did not do, Why does His sacrifice stand the test of time, why us it so much more grievous than all the other slaughters?

Well, because once you get to know our Lord and Savior, you recognize that He suffered and died for each and everyone one of us. It is personal, more personal than anything anyone will ever do for you, or you for them.

The very Son of God, the Creator, the Comforter, chose to go through all the unbearable abuse at the hands of the people He loved so very much. Can you even fathom, being beat and spit on, nails and a crown of thorns penetrating the flesh, hanging you, all while hate and venomous mocking and cruelty slung at you? All of that and so much more, and He was and is so very innocent? I mean completely blameless to the point His time on earth was spent serving, helping, healing, and saving others? If you heard Mother Teresa had all these things happen to her, you'd be shocked and angered. Well, all her selfless love expressed in action doesn't come close to all the good Jesus had done and continues to do.

He took it, and He took it some more. He didn't say, “free me”, or “please stop”. He didn't hold anger and bitter thoughts towards the hate thrown at Him. He did not feel sorry for Himself. He just prayed to His Father to forgive them, the ones who are guilty of such harsh brutality. Don't you get it... If you reject Him still today, it is so beyond unfair to Him. He did it all for you, for me to the extent that when He died, so did we.

Now it is time to walk in His victory. He is risen, so too are we. Again, it is personal, not abstract or distant; it is clear and it is up close, solid, tangible and real.

Acknowledge it, for yourself and for your loves, cling to His Forgiveness. It is a big deal; He is worthy to be praised for all eternity!!!
Betrayal is a very common. Even if someone doesn't ask
me to repeat this, I take someone's private discourse with
me a private secret. I've often suffered asking someone I
trusted not to tell anyone else and they have told others.
Now after all my many years I do not share some of my
deepest thoughts. I feel sad about that but I got tired of
being hurt. Now I trust only One and that is my Lord Jesus
Christ. Since I surrendered to Him, my life has become a
season of joyful contentment. Thanks for sharing this.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Betrayal is a very common. Even if someone doesn't ask
me to repeat this, I take someone's private discourse with
me a private secret. I've often suffered asking someone I
trusted not to tell anyone else and they have told others.
Now after all my many years I do not share some of my
deepest thoughts. I feel sad about that but I got tired of
being hurt. Now I trust only One and that is my Lord Jesus
Christ. Since I surrendered to Him, my life has become a
season of joyful contentment. Thanks for sharing this.
Though i hate the thought of you getting hurt, I appreciate how it was used to draw near to Him. I understand how you feel and I agree He is our One and all.