It's good to be single.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Are all these things not true of being single? These things may occur in a different manner, but they are all qualities required when single as well.

I have to wonder if you’re just joking.
I doubt it.

After reading several of his posts, I'm pretty sure this user sees joking as a sin -- especially about anything pertaining to Christian topics.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I doubt it.

After reading several of his posts, I'm pretty sure this user sees joking as a sin -- especially about anything pertaining to Christian topics.
Oooooh, so many things I could say...

A sense of humor can be a weapon when applied to somebody who has none.

No. I will be good. This time.

*Lynx goes off to curl up in a tree and take a nap until lunchtime.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Oooooh, so many things I could say...

A sense of humor can be a weapon when applied to somebody who has none.

No. I will be good. This time.

*Lynx goes off to curl up in a tree and take a nap until lunchtime.
Naps are a good thing.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Naps are a good thing.
And to bring us back on topic, when you're single no one is going to interrupt your nap prematurely (and you can hog the covers with impunity).

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
And to bring us back on topic, when you're single no one is going to interrupt your nap prematurely (and you can hog the covers with impunity).
Well, yes, this has proved true in my experience.

BrokenSparrow

Sep 12, 2016
What if that is in fact true? The very fact that married life takes sacrifice, commitment, hard work, multiple skills, and dedication, all adds up.
A quick review of 1 Corinthians 7 would answer this question for you. Seems you are in direct opposition to Paul the apostle with this statement.

32 But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord:

33 But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.

That would need some serious research. But who opened this can of worms?

What we do know from Scripture is that God ordained marriage and gave the married a commission to fulfil: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

People cannot be fruitful and multiply without marriage.
Again, you might want to have a quick review of 1 Corinthians 7.

7 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.

Here's what Jesus has to say about it:
Matthew 19
10His disciples said to Him, “If this is the case between a man and his wife, it is better not to marry.” 11“Not everyone can accept this word,” He replied, “but only those to whom it has been given. 12For there are eunuchs who were born that way; others were made that way by men; and still others live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”…

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Just keep reminding yourself of that when your dog whines to wake you up so you can let her out. :LOL:

At least a guy can visit the restroom by himself.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
A quick review of 1 Corinthians 7 would answer this question for you. Seems you are in direct opposition to Paul the apostle with this statement.

32 But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord:

33 But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.

Again, you might want to have a quick review of 1 Corinthians 7.

7 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.

Here's what Jesus has to say about it:
Matthew 19
10His disciples said to Him, “If this is the case between a man and his wife, it is better not to marry.” 11“Not everyone can accept this word,” He replied, “but only those to whom it has been given. 12For there are eunuchs who were born that way; others were made that way by men; and still others live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”…
This is some serious research.

BrokenSparrow

Sep 12, 2016
This is some serious research.
Yes, I think scripture makes it clear that God has a calling and purpose for each persons life. As most people have mention already, no one is better than the another.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yes, I think scripture makes it clear that God has a calling and purpose for each persons life. As most people have mention already, no one is better than the another.
This is absolutely true. We each have a unique purpose in serving God.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
images (41).jpeg

But this life is a brief walk why do you need company? With a lifespan like grass, we think we are immortal. We simply don't have the time to waste life with the wrong person. It is better to walk alone than walk with a fool.

Yeah, single is superior... I mean it is good to be single.

Feb 24, 2021
That would need some serious research. But who opened this can of worms?

What we do know from Scripture is that God ordained marriage and gave the married a commission to fulfil: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

People cannot be fruitful and multiply without marriage.
Umm are you sure about that? Last I checked people can procreate without a ring on their finger....Not the ideal way to go about it but you can have sex and have kids without marriage.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
View attachment 229763

But this life is a brief walk why do you need company? With a lifespan like grass, we think we are immortal. We simply don't have the time to waste life with the wrong person. It is better to walk alone than walk with a fool.

It is good to see you again.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
View attachment 229763

Tink!

How you been, girl? Great to have you back!!!

Hope life is treating you well and that we'll be seeing you often here in the forum. 🥰

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
Tink!

How you been, girl? Great to have you back!!!

Hope life is treating you well and that we'll be seeing you often here in the forum. 🥰

Hello seoulsearch. Nice to see you too. I am well and good. I am watching closely this controversial thread about covid. And then I saw this single thread, and I felt obliged to post. 😅

S

SimpleSheep

It saddens me that singles are seen as being so worthless within the church.

All the single friends I have know all about these things and more, because they are providing for/raising and caring for family members, whether young children, cousins, elderly parents, etc.

Most do so without any help or support from a partner, no one to listen to it support them, or even acknowledge that they are giving up their own lives for the needs of others, all without any benefits of marriage.
Most churches only care about singles if they tithe and help with children's church. :rolleyes:

BrokenSparrow

Sep 12, 2016
Most churches only care about singles if they tithe and help with children's church. :rolleyes:
This is different from my experiences. Most churches I have attended say it's better not to be married. Yet, most of the people saying that are married.

Another thing I don't get is why most think singles have so much more free time. :unsure:

I've been on both sides of the fence. When you are single you are responsible for everything... working, keeping house, maintaining the yard, vehicle, etc. When you're married you have someone to share the load.

S

SigP226

I've recieved two great pieces of advice on this subject.

1. Don't get married.
2. Don't have kids

Also.... don't let a 15 dollar bikini or a 10 dollar sun dress cost you 18 years of child support.

S

SigP226

This is different from my experiences. Most churches I have attended say it's better not to be married. Yet, most of the people saying that are married.

Another thing I don't get is why most think singles have so much more free time. :unsure:

I've been on both sides of the fence. When you are single you are responsible for everything... working, keeping house, maintaining the yard, vehicle, etc. When you're married you have someone to share the load.

Tell that to my ex fiance! (Yes, we lived together. NO it was NOT a great idea!) My workload doubled!

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
So if we were all Christian, we wouldn't have the current population problem... especially in China... :LOL:
Except China's population problem is that there are not enough people. The population is aging and the government is trying to get people to have more kids. Social engineering can backfire big time.