Its [insert time here] and I'm...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dmurray
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I'm not coordinated enough to use both hands at the same time. With the trumpet, I only used my right hand.
 
Oy. If it doesn't sound good when I play with both hands at once, it's only going to sound worst if I try to sing too!
 
But tuning a guitar is hard enough as it is, it seems to me. If you change the height of the strings, is it possible you will make it even harder?

I also worry that as my frets wear down, that also might make the guitar harder to tune.

Nah I don't think it will. My frets are worn down. But I have an electric tuner that I clip on the headstock and it picks up vibrations instead of using sound.
 
Nah I don't think it will. My frets are worn down. But I have an electric tuner that I clip on the headstock and it picks up vibrations instead of using sound.

Even after using an electric tuner, I’ll find at least one chord out of tune.

Also, I use a capo on most songs, adjusting it to different frets, from song to song, and that makes it even more of a challenge to tune.
 
Maybe your truss rod needs to be set up and it goes out of tune. Mine is in tune, also the humidity and heat play a role in it.
 
It's the rod that goes down the center of the neck. Take it to a shop and ask them if it needs to be set up, it may be way out of whack.
 
Yeah it goes down in the middle of the neck. If you hold up your guitar on its side and look down at the neck straight, then see if the neck is straight or if it curves one way or the other more. It should be striaght, if not the truss rod needs to be set up.
 
its is 9:08pm, it for some reason feels like it should be much much later, I'm in chat, but not many people pay attention to me lol!!
 
8:55 pm and I'm eagerly awaiting to find out what tonights surprise is. Only 1 more hour!
 
I don't know, he won't tell me. Just says I'll find out soon.
 
It's 2:03 am i'm watching tv, eating taco bell, and thinking i love my off road lights on the truck.

Dan