it's the Christian Singles Foodie and Foodie "wannabe" Food Challenge!!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I see sweetie, but not the potato. Wait... what was the topic again? Arlene distracted me. ;)
 
So, I made me Vegtable Beef Stew today. Hopefully the pic will be large enough to see. If not, I'll post a larger one later.

Anyway, it's made with Stew Cut Beef, potatoes, tomatoes, zucchini, Squash, Onions, Peppers, whatever I want to throw in there. Yeah, it's basically whatever veggies you have, use. Most times I also put in broccoli and corn.

2014-08-03 16.32.18.jpg
 
one of my perfectionist tendencies extends to knife cuts--and i always admire the aesthetic appeal of lovely knife work (hence, my mild OCD about keeping my knives sharp).

thanks for sharing, viola. : )
About those knife cuts, good thing you're not in my house. Although, knives must be kept sharp or else they may cut the wrong thing. Or was that what you were referring to? :D
 
All this talk of food makes me hungry.

How about we post pictures of what we last ate? Or, do you guys think we must have a separate thread for that?
 
I actually never even saw a face. I went straight to the food. I think my job is getting to my head.

Oh, no worries, mate. I think I just have Arlene on my mind. Actually, I know I do. Excellent chef skills, by the way. :)
 
About those knife cuts, good thing you're not in my house. Although, knives must be kept sharp or else they may cut the wrong thing. Or was that what you were referring to? :D

I almost cut my left index finger off when cutting frozen meat once. Duct tape stemmed the blood flow. I am quite clever in the kitchen.
 
20140802_200452.jpga potato salad I made over the weekend - no dill, as I am not a fan except for fish dishes. various herbs, capers, eggs, pancetta...balsamic vinegar makes it a bit darker than most potato salads (used some lemon juice as well for acid), very little mayo - used sour cream & some olive oil. overall, quite tasty.

also: yummy crab cakes!!...and the pic is sideways, but it's the first time posting a pic from phone, and I already k ow I won't be able to fix it in under five minutes, so just tilt your heads...
 
Last edited:
I think the next food should be cereal.
that is an awesome idea! but ya can't nominate unless you participate! we have until friday, so throw some tater tots together or something! it need not be gourmet.
 
Potato Soup My Way

5lbs red potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
2 cans cream mushroom soup
16 oz. sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp. basil
1 bay leaf (remove after cooking)
1 stick of butter - the real thing
2 med onions chopped
1 small package of fresh mushrooms sliced
several sticks of celery chopped (3-5)

Boil potatoes until cooked, pour off water, mash slightly but leave chunks.

Saute onions, mushrooms and celery in butter until tender. Add all ingredients in a large pot add milk to desired consistency.

This is by no means low calorie, but oh so good.....Yum and enjoy.
My own recipe that is in our family cookbook.