It's the Official Singles Forum DIY Matchmaking Thread! (Whether for Friendships or Dating.)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What Are Some of Your Hobbies and Interests? (Please tell us about them in a post as well.) :)

• Total voters

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Well @seoulsearch I believe I will survive everything thrown at me, all the way up until I die. HA!

p.s. Work went just as I said, and no one got injured. woot woot.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
@Gregoryp -- Beautiful work -- my favorite is the dress. I understand about losing your creative mojo. I'm trying to get mine back as well.

@TheArtist -- You're very talented -- thank you for sharing!!! I liked the colors in the first piece, but the 3rd was my favorite. And the middle picture of the necklace -- is it chain mail? So you had to put every single one of those tiny rings together?

I've worked with jump rings but only as regular connectors. I've seen pictures of entire chain mail pieces made of colored jump rings... Amazing work and thank you for sharing!

TheArtist

Dec 29, 2019
www.etsy.com
@Gregoryp -- Beautiful work -- my favorite is the dress. I understand about losing your creative mojo. I'm trying to get mine back as well.

@TheArtist -- You're very talented -- thank you for sharing!!! I liked the colors in the first piece, but the 3rd was my favorite. And the middle picture of the necklace -- is it chain mail? So you had to put every single one of those tiny rings together?

I've worked with jump rings but only as regular connectors. I've seen pictures of entire chain mail pieces made of colored jump rings... Amazing work and thank you for sharing!
Thank you so much yes the middle one is chain mail used 20g 3/32 jump rings I am planning on doing another inlay piece soon. The 3rd piece is one favorite too when I made that one I woke up in the morning feeling I should make a cross. after my morning prayer, I had the design for in my head the whole time I was working on it I felt so happy. The first cross I made last year I kept for myself its when I realized I wanted to use my gifts to serve our lord.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
I really do love learning about other people. Thanks @seoulsearch! This is a great way to get to know a bit more about the people behind the pictures and posts. =)

Discussion Ideas/Helpful Information:

1. Name/What You Want to Be Called: I'll share with anyone that would like to talk. Love_comes_softly is a good start.

2. Location? I live in Maine Would You Be Willing to Relocate? If that's what I felt the Lord would want me to do.

3. Number of Children: I do not have any children, though I certainly have a heart for them.

4. Pets (what kinds and what are their names?): I have 1 chocolate lab.

5. How Long Have You Been Saved? Church Denomination, if you care to share? I've attended a non-denominational church since my young teen years.

6. Looking For Friendships or Romance, or Both? Friendship

7. Career, Hobbies, Interests? (Expand upon what you answered in the poll.) I'm a teacher and love working with kids. I am very much a family person and enjoy spending time with them. Game nights are always fun.

I enjoy being outside admiring what the Lord has surrounded me with swimming, camping, hiking and kayaking. I love volleyball and can be competitive at times.

Traveling, meeting new people and learning about different cultures is something I've been blessed with over the past couple years; I really enjoy that. With all the things I've mentioned above, there is still nothing quite like a quiet spot, baths, reading books or just writing letters.

8. What Do You Have to OFFER Someone Else? (Whether a friend or a significant other -- why might they be interested in you?) Kindness, encouragement, a listening ear and honest advice when asked.

10. Do You Think You Could Survive A Zombie Apocalypse? Why or why not? I do not know much about Zombies, but I highly doubt I'd survive. My natural instinct is to want to hide.

TheArtist

Dec 29, 2019
www.etsy.com
I really do love learning about other people. Thanks @seoulsearch! This is a great way to get to know a bit more about the people behind the pictures and posts. =)

1. Name/What You Want to Be Called: I'll share with anyone that would like to talk. Love_comes_softly is a good start.

2. Location? I live in Maine Would You Be Willing to Relocate? If that's what I felt the Lord would want me to do.

3. Number of Children: I do not have any children, though I certainly have a heart for them.

4. Pets (what kinds and what are their names?): I have 1 chocolate lab.

5. How Long Have You Been Saved? Church Denomination, if you care to share? I've attended a non-denominational church since my young teen years.

6. Looking For Friendships or Romance, or Both? Friendship

7. Career, Hobbies, Interests? (Expand upon what you answered in the poll.) I'm a teacher and love working with kids. I am very much a family person and enjoy spending time with them. Game nights are always fun.

I enjoy being outside admiring what the Lord has surrounded me with swimming, camping, hiking and kayaking. I love volleyball and can be competitive at times.

Traveling, meeting new people and learning about different cultures is something I've been blessed with over the past couple years; I really enjoy that. With all the things I've mentioned above, there is still nothing quite like a quiet spot, baths, reading books or just writing letters.

8. What Do You Have to OFFER Someone Else? (Whether a friend or a significant other -- why might they be interested in you?) Kindness, encouragement, a listening ear and honest advice when asked.

10. Do You Think You Could Survive A Zombie Apocalypse? Why or why not? I do not know much about Zombies, but I highly doubt I'd survive. My natural instinct is to want to hide.

Maine looks like a beautiful state to live what are some of the places you camped and hiked?

Mar 10, 2020
1. Name/What You Want to Be Called: faith_in_him

2. Location (you don't have to be specific; remember, anyone can see this), and Would You Be Willing to Relocate?
Pacific Northwest and yes for the right person I would be willing to relocate

3. Number of Children: None and would love a couple

4. Pets (what kinds and what are their names?): Three cats: Snowball, Whitey (guess what color they are lol), and Puffy

5. How Long Have You Been Saved? Church Denomination, if you care to share? I've been saved and attended non denominational churches since i was five

6. Looking For Friendships or Romance, or Both? Friendships

7. Career, Hobbies, Interests? (Expand upon what you answered in the poll.)
Accounting. Interests: cleaning and organization

8. What Do You Have to OFFER Someone Else? (Whether a friend or a significant other -- why might they be interested in you?)
I am fun and easy going

9. What Are You Looking For in A Friend and/Or Romantic Partner?
Honesty and integrity

10. Do You Think You Could Survive A Zombie Apocalypse? Why or why not?
Yep, I'm the kind of girl that doesn't get messed with lol

cinder

Mar 26, 2014

1. Name/What You Want to Be Called: Most wonderful amazing woman in the world ( but you can just call me cinder if you want)

2. Location (you don't have to be specific; remember, anyone can see this), and Would You Be Willing to Relocate? Planet Earth. And not I'm not relocating off-planet for anyone without a Tardis

3. Number of Children: now 0 future: best guess is probaby still 0

4. Pets (what kinds and what are their names?): I very much want to have a dog or 2 or 20

5. How Long Have You Been Saved? Church Denomination, if you care to share? Been saved all my life which seems like it's long enough to get around to most church denominations

6. Looking For Friendships or Romance, or Both? Sure, whatever.

7. Career, Hobbies, Interests? (Expand upon what you answered in the poll.) Lots of solitary stuff, board games, swimming, biking, books, casual computer games, Bible trivia

8. What Do You Have to OFFER Someone Else? (Whether a friend or a significant other -- why might they be interested in you?) You can borrow some books and movies, but only once I really like you and know I can trust you to bring them back. Also laughter and hugs. Oh and I can introduce you to some really cool board games that will hurt your brain.

9. What Are You Looking For in A Friend and/Or Romantic Partner? Someone who will play board games with me and knows the fantasy worlds I do (Dune, Discworld, wheel of time, LOTR, Narnia, dr who, Muirwood, kingfountain, etc. )

10. Do You Think You Could Survive A Zombie Apocalypse? Why or why not? I think people would probably throw my brain to the zombies to try to appease them. But if I hide in my house so long that people think I'm dead, maybe I could survive. I figure I could live for a few months off my body fat (not that I'm eager to try the apocalypse / starvation diet).

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
Maine looks like a beautiful state to live what are some of the places you camped and hiked?
Maine is absolutely beautiful and there is so much to do. Acadia Park and Baxter State parks are very popular beautiful places. I prefer the quiet quaint areas. One of my favorite places is in Rangeley. You can hike anywhere and everywhere. The Maine Islands are fun for both camping and hiking around.

I'd highly suggest visiting the state. It has the best of both worlds mountains and the ocean. :D

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
1. Name/What You Want to Be Called: faith_in_him

2. Location (you don't have to be specific; remember, anyone can see this), and Would You Be Willing to Relocate?
Pacific Northwest and yes for the right person I would be willing to relocate

3. Number of Children: None and would love a couple

4. Pets (what kinds and what are their names?): Three cats: Snowball, Whitey (guess what color they are lol), and Puffy

5. How Long Have You Been Saved? Church Denomination, if you care to share? I've been saved and attended non denominational churches since i was five

6. Looking For Friendships or Romance, or Both? Friendships

Accounting. Interests: cleaning and organization

8. What Do You Have to OFFER Someone Else? (Whether a friend or a significant other -- why might they be interested in you?)
I am fun and easy going

Honesty and integrity

Yep, I'm the kind of girl that doesn't get messed with lol
Nice to meet you faith_in_him! I love that organization is one of your interests. I do enjoy that as well. Cute cat names! :D

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019

1. Name/What You Want to Be Called: Most wonderful amazing woman in the world ( but you can just call me cinder if you want)

2. Location (you don't have to be specific; remember, anyone can see this), and Would You Be Willing to Relocate? Planet Earth. And not I'm not relocating off-planet for anyone without a Tardis

4. Pets (what kinds and what are their names?): I very much want to have a dog or 2 or 20

5. How Long Have You Been Saved? Church Denomination, if you care to share? Been saved all my life which seems like it's long enough to get around to most church denominations

7. Career, Hobbies, Interests? (Expand upon what you answered in the poll.) Lots of solitary stuff, board games, swimming, biking, books, casual computer games, Bible trivia

8. What Do You Have to OFFER Someone Else? (Whether a friend or a significant other -- why might they be interested in you?) You can borrow some books and movies, but only once I really like you and know I can trust you to bring them back. Also laughter and hugs. Oh and I can introduce you to some really cool board games that will hurt your brain.

9. What Are You Looking For in A Friend and/Or Romantic Partner? Someone who will play board games with me and knows the fantasy worlds I do (Dune, Discworld, wheel of time, LOTR, Narnia, dr who, Muirwood, kingfountain, etc. )

10. Do You Think You Could Survive A Zombie Apocalypse? Why or why not? I think people would probably throw my brain to the zombies to try to appease them. But if I hide in my house so long that people think I'm dead, maybe I could survive. I figure I could live for a few months off my body fat (not that I'm eager to try the apocalypse / starvation diet).
You're great! You had me giggling from the beginning!

TheArtist

Dec 29, 2019
www.etsy.com

I enjoy both Dr who and Dune I love sci-fi :) and i agree with you hugs is a must lol :D

TheArtist

Dec 29, 2019
www.etsy.com
Maine is absolutely beautiful and there is so much to do. Acadia Park and Baxter State parks are very popular beautiful places. I prefer the quiet quaint areas. One of my favorite places is in Rangeley. You can hike anywhere and everywhere. The Maine Islands are fun for both camping and hiking around.

I'd highly suggest visiting the state. It has the best of both worlds mountains and the ocean. :D
I do love the mountains and the ocean water is so relaxing.

Sep 13, 2018

1. Name/What You Want to Be Called: Seoul :) I give my name out as I get to know people better on a one-to-one basis.

2. Location (you don't have to be specific; remember, anyone can see this), and Would You Be Willing to Relocate? USA (more details after I know someone well and for a long time); and yes, I would consider moving, depending on the situation.

3. Number of Children: None, but I do have nieces and nephews. :)

4. Pets (what kinds and what are their names?): 4 adorable ceramic, floating goldfish: Sam & Frank (in one bowl) and Penelope and... not sure yet... Francesca? (I'm open to ideas for another girl's name) in another. I'm allergic to fur, fluff, feathers, and dander (but admit to having a weakness for cats and a few dogs who are calm, sweet, and friendly.)

5. How Long Have You Been Saved? Church Denomination, if you care to share? I am adopted and my Mom always says they had me in the pews the first week they got me (I must have looked like I needed a LOT of reforming!) I spent most of my childhood/young adulthood in the WELS (Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod), another 15 or so in an Assemblies of God church, attended Methodist and Baptist churches when I was far from home, and now gravitate towards non-denominational (but still Biblically sound, of course.)

6. Looking For Friendships or Romance, or Both? Whatever God may have in mind. :) I've made many friendships on this site and hope that will never stop.

7. Career, Hobbies, Interests? (Expand upon what you answered in the poll.) My primary hobby right now is personal correspondence, reading/watching documentaries, and things like these threads. I haven't been to a theme park in years but it's on my list for if or when life gets back to normal. If I had my way, I would NEVER outgrow roller coasters! I also like movies (action, martial arts, sci fi -- because they reflect my real-life romances -- explosive, defensive, and full of things that were somewhat fictional.)

8. What Do You Have to OFFER Someone Else? (Whether a friend or a significant other -- why might they be interested in you?) Responsibility, Loyalty, Emotional Support, A Heart That Never Stops Seeking God.

9. What Are You Looking For in A Friend and/Or Romantic Partner? The same general qualities I listed above, as well as enough compatible interests and even differences to make life interesting, but yet harmonious.

10. Do You Think You Could Survive A Zombie Apocalypse? Why or why not? Heck yes. Not only have I worked retail (which is a jungle in and of itself), but I've also escaped perilous romances, written a few threads, and navigated the craziness of these forums since 2009. Succumbing to a mere, puny Zombie Apocalypse after surviving all of that? Not on my watch, sweetheart!
Great job seoul! I was wondering if you could ask about people's sex. Some are obvious but other's not so much. Before anyone get's offended I want to tell you a story about a certain someone (me) was doting on my daughter about something or other, and another certain someone (Seoul) Texted back telling me what a good Mother is was. It's been well over 2 years but I remember texting her back saying. Hey. I'm a dude! LOL...

Jul 20, 2019
Hi Sole!

Someday when I have a little more time, I'll have to retake the test and get back to you on this (or maybe we'll have another thread about personality types.) :)

I have to be honest in that I've seldom taken these tests because I'm always leary of them. You know how a lot of tests will give you tons of scenarios, then ask you to rate them somewhere between about 1 and 5? I almost always answer with 3's because I can usually go either way in most any circumstance, depending on what I know about the numerous factors involved.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I always feel like a personality score that's based on a majority of answers being "in the middle" is either going to make me sound apathetic or bipolar! :ROFL:
I did that test and it was 100% accurate, warts and all. Intriguing

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Hi Seoul, loving your ideas/threads. What a fun way to bring us together during this time :)

1. Name/What You Want to Be Called:
‘Mel’ is fine - ‘Queen’ is better 😆

The Middle Earth and hmm not sure about relocating, I like where I am. But if God calls me to go somewhere specific for Him (God), then I’ll move.

3. Number of Children:
0 children, but of course like some of you, I have my nieces and nephews whom I’ve helped raise and treat like my own.

4. Pets (what kinds and what are their names?):
At the moment I have two male dogs. One is a Labrador x Sharpei and the other is a Pitbull x Mastiff.

5. How Long Have You Been Saved? Church Denomination, if you care to share?
I was born and raised Christian all my life but it wasn’t until about 10 years ago that I completely surrendered myself to Jesus Christ, and now I understand the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ and what it meant for God to sacrifice His One and only Son for us - He is Amazing! ❤️

6. Looking For Friendships or Romance, or Both?
Is bromance included? 🤣 looking for whatever God has planned for me. I’ve made some really good friends on CC, both on and offline. Happy to expand that list!

I selected all categories except for video games I believe, I guess that’s not true to an extent because I like Crash Bandicoot and I’ve played COD several times lol. I hate talking about myself on a public platform when it comes to hobbies/interests so I’ma skip this section. If you want to know my interests or hobbies then feel free to pm me. If you want to know my career, then good luck with that - a Lone Ranger never tells their secrets.

What I have to offer someone else is friendship and being able to listen. I also love encouraging others in His Word and love to laugh (if you hadn’t noticed). I can also be serious when needed, but my heart is for the people who are lost, because one upon a time, I was lost too. Plus, I will share with you some donuts 🍩

Anything really, I just want them to be authentic and genuine about themselves. I like friendly banter at times, but my walk with Christ is something very important and dear to me - I hope to share that with others as well 😊

I know I can. Us Islanders are built for such reckoning. I can throw some good punches in their sloppy faces.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application, opps, CV, opps....

We’ll leave it there. Take care folks!

Sep 13, 2018
Great job seoul! I was wondering if you could ask about people's sex. Some are obvious but other's not so much. Before anyone get's offended I want to tell you a story about a certain someone (me) was doting on my daughter about something or other, and another certain someone (Seoul) Texted back telling me what a good Mother is was. It's been well over 2 years but I remember texting her back saying. Hey. I'm a dude! LOL...
My Daughter showed me how to look this up earlier. So sorry. My apology's . You can proceed with with this...In which I'm sure you already have Already done do to your lack of response... Okay...