James 4:7 To Fear The Devil Means To Not Trust God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

The devil has no power over us when we live in the Spirit of God.
It is only when we are in the flesh that he can attack. Surrender
It is necessary to surrender our will and give it completely to God.

John 10:28

My sheep listen to my voice; I know they follow me. I give them eternal life
and they will never parish. No one can snatch them out of my hand.
My father

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Thanks.

Jan 17, 2020
“And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:” Ephesians 6:17 (KJV 1900)

The devil tries to disarm you the less you understand scripture and rely on it.

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
The point is that if the Spirit is within us, the devil has no power.
We need to surrender to God completely and our faith will never
fail us because God does not fear the devil.

Dec 12, 2013
Was Job righteous, faithful, and walking faithfully before GOD when GOD allowed to devil to take everything from him except his life?

Why does Peter warn believers about the devil walkong around seeking whom he may devour!

Why did Jesus tell Peter that he had prayed for him because the devil was desiring to sift his life like wheat?

Obviously, greater is he that is in us than he that is in the world and yet the devil is called the KosmoKrator <-world ruler and we are not to underestimate his power and or ability to appear as a messenger of light, trick, deceive and obviously by the book Job, can take life if within the permissive will of God.

Do not misunderstand what I am saying....God is God and all powerful, just saying that under heaven, on this earth, Satan is the most powerful created being and we are to be wise to his methods and not give him an inch, because he will take it all!

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
That's true! We do not need to fear the devil, as long as we prayerfully remain fully surrendered to God with our lives. In other words, to be always diligent in serving Christ and in putting on the whole armor of God, always - Ephesians 6.
2 Peter 1:4-10

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall
KJV

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Hello and welcome to CC...
Your screen name reminds me of the old Canadian TV show, The Beachcombers; it had a character named Relic.

If we have the Holy Spirit within, it's only because we have trusted in Christ for salvation, and that fact doesn't change day by day based on our surrender to God. The devil still seeks to steal, kill, and destroy, and will do so where we don't resist him and his work.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

The devil has no power over us when we live in the Spirit of God.
It is only when we are in the flesh that he can attack. Surrender
It is necessary to surrender our will and give it completely to God.

John 10:28

My sheep listen to my voice; I know they follow me. I give them eternal life
and they will never parish. No one can snatch them out of my hand.
My father
I would have felt a whole lot better had you said "living in fear of the devil......." instead of just fearing the devil.....

While we were not born with a spirit of "fear," we are taught to be cautious and not rush into places that may prove dangerous for us.......

EVEN the angles do not fight with the devil, they call on God to do that.........

There is a difference between fearing something and living in fear of something

(my thoughts)

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
Was Job righteous, faithful, and walking faithfully before GOD when GOD allowed to devil to take everything from him except his life?

Why does Peter warn believers about the devil walkong around seeking whom he may devour!

Why did Jesus tell Peter that he had prayed for him because the devil was desiring to sift his life like wheat?

Obviously, greater is he that is in us than he that is in the world and yet the devil is called the KosmoKrator <-world ruler and we are not to underestimate his power and or ability to appear as a messenger of light, trick, deceive and obviously by the book Job, can take life if within the permissive will of God.

Do not misunderstand what I am saying....God is God and all powerful, just saying that under heaven, on this earth, Satan is the most powerful created being and we are to be wise to his methods and not give him an inch, because he will take it all!

Why does Peter warn believers about the devil walkong around seeking whom he may devour

if you wish to live in the flesh , meaning that you read about God but don't personally know God just
like the Pharisees die, you are welcome to do so. And in doing so teaching others to do so. God
crushed evil by chopping the head off the serpent in the Garden of Eden and a second time when
Jesus crushed evil on the cross. So when you are living in the flesh as you are you will constantly
be susceptible to fearing the devil . Being in the flesh is not trusting God so forever you will
believe devil can overpower God. I live in the Spirit because I have surrendered myself completely
to God and He Is in me and I am in Him. This is written in 2Corintians that when we have surrendered
to God, we are a new creation. Nothing can snatch me away, God has promised me. anytime you want
to invoke the devil and send him to me...please go ahead and do it because I will crush him again and
again. Those who continue living in the flesh will continue to be faithless by believing the devil
can overcome God.

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
That's true! We do not need to fear the devil, as long as we prayerfully remain fully surrendered to God with our lives. In other words, to be always diligent in serving Christ and in putting on the whole armor of God, always - Ephesians 6.
2 Peter 1:4-10

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall
KJV
good for you and God bless

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Very true............and what you are describing is NOT "living in fear"........just as I explained, which is what all believers are suppose to do.......

Fearing and living in fear are different things............I guess you do not understand that.... hmm

As far as INVOKING the devil............you are sounding a wee bit trollish there

YOU nor me, nor others are capable of crushing the devil. If you do not understand that, then you do not understand Scripture or God............ You might read Jude 1:9

Dec 12, 2013
if you wish to live in the flesh , meaning that you read about God but don't personally know God just
like the Pharisees die, you are welcome to do so. And in doing so teaching others to do so. God
crushed evil by chopping the head off the serpent in the Garden of Eden and a second time when
Jesus crushed evil on the cross. So when you are living in the flesh as you are you will constantly
be susceptible to fearing the devil . Being in the flesh is not trusting God so forever you will
believe devil can overpower God. I live in the Spirit because I have surrendered myself completely
to God and He Is in me and I am in Him. This is written in 2Corintians that when we have surrendered
to God, we are a new creation. Nothing can snatch me away, God has promised me. anytime you want
to invoke the devil and send him to me...please go ahead and do it because I will crush him again and
again. Those who continue living in the flesh will continue to be faithless by believing the devil
can overcome God.
Idiotic reply, addressed nothing I said (most quotes from the bible) embellished what I said and proves you obviously cannot read or have a problem cognatively understanding what someone said.....bravo!

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
Hello and welcome to CC...
Your screen name reminds me of the old Canadian TV show, The Beachcombers; it had a character named Relic.

If we have the Holy Spirit within, it's only because we have trusted in Christ for salvation, and that fact doesn't change day by day based on our surrender to God. The devil still seeks to steal, kill, and destroy, and will do so where we don't resist him and his work.
He may seek to destroy but God will overpower him every time... as He did at the garden of eden
and the resurrection of Christ. 2 corrintians 5:17 says we have a new creation in Christ , we have
become one in God And God in us...so when we have surrendered all our wil to God's will
and He is in us and we are in Him. To fear the devil is to not trust in God by not having faith.
I have never feared the devil and I never will as it said in John, once God is in our hands, nothing
can snatch us away. I will go to my grave believing that.

I live only a few miles from where beachcombers was filmed.
But I was thinking of my age when deciding on my nick, smiles.

thanks for the comments.

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
Very true............and what you are describing is NOT "living in fear"........just as I explained, which is what all believers are suppose to do.......

Fearing and living in fear are different things............I guess you do not understand that.... hmm

As far as INVOKING the devil............you are sounding a wee bit trollish there

YOU nor me, nor others are capable of crushing the devil. If you do not understand that, then you do not understand Scripture or God............ You might read Jude 1:9
I was meaning God within me and respectfully disagree with being a troll, I trust God personally
as scripture says I should.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
The LORD rebuke you is sufficient

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
Idiotic reply, addressed nothing I said (most quotes from the bible) embellished what I said and proves you obviously cannot read or have a problem cognatively understanding what someone said.....bravo!

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
In the story of Job, the ¨ḦEDGE¨ was (temporarily) removed...

What should we teach those who will have to face the time of tribulation, when HE who holds all things back is taken out of the way (temporarily)

Because I know HE said to HIS CHURCH that satan will cast some of you in prison...that they are to be faithful...but, what are they supposed to do to show that they are REMAINING faithful...

Do you know, Relic?

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
only reading is what the Pharisees did but they did not know God. So if God is not in your heart
I'll put you in the third millennium Pharisee category. You may know the words but by your
reply your words betrayed you, Jesus would have said the same. God is love my friend.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
only reading is what the Pharisees did but they did not know God. So if God is not in your heart
I'll put you in the third millennium Pharisee category. You may know the words but by your
reply your words betrayed you, Jesus would have said the same. God is love my friend.
Are you addressing me, sir?

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
In the story of Job, the ¨ḦEDGE¨ was (temporarily) removed...

What should we teach those who will have to face the time of tribulation, when HE who holds all things back is taken out of the way (temporarily)

Because I know HE said to HIS CHURCH that satan will cast some of you in prison...that they are to be faithful...but, what are they supposed to do to show that they are REMAINING faithful...

Do you know, Relic?
Yes we need to surrender to God completely. That means we give our will to Him entirely
and accept God's will unequivocally . We need to read scripture for information but we
need to pray in meditation so that we can deliver ourselves in to His arms. We are His
children and He invites us to love Him without doubt. That means by prayer we can
form an intimate relationship with you. Wouldn't it be great to call Him our divine
Daddy, smiles. It can and will happen with effort. Thanks for the question.