Jesus’ Sins, and Ours

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

newton3003

Feb 4, 2017
I have never in my life heard this theory before.. Who where the ""Writers"" who gave this theory?
From

https://biblehub.com/commentaries/gill/matthew/27.htm

"When he is said to be "forsaken" of God; the meaning is not, that the hypostatical union was dissolved, which was not even by death itself; the fulness of the Godhead still dwelt bodily in him: nor was he separated from the love of God; he had the same interest in his Father's heart and favour, both as his Son, and as mediator, as ever: nor was the principle and habit of joy and comfort lost in his soul, as man, but he was now without a sense of the gracious presence of God, and was filled, as the surety of his people, with a sense of divine wrath, which their iniquities he now bore, deserved, and which was necessary for him to endure, in order to make full satisfaction for them; for one part of the punishment of sin is loss of the divine presence.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
It was imputed?

2 corinthians 5:21
Romans 4:25

I dont think Jesus was saying the psalm on behalf of the romans though. Interesting theory never thought of it that way. I thought it was on behalf of all mankind.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Actually, the blood of Jesus came from His mother Mary.
Some people believe that Jesus was not conceived using any part of Mary, though that would seem to go against Scripture. I do not know if that is what @Guojing meant, though :) Perhaps they could clarify?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I may be wrong, but I think the whole point of the op is an attempt to say Jesus IS NOT GOD IN THE FLESH!

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
What of Jesus’ sins? The only sins he personally may have had was whatever the world attempted to place on him from his moment of birth. But he threw off the temptation of those sins as he got older, even as those around him were not as conscientious at doing so. Surely the Pharisees who allowed gambling in the temple on the Sabbath were not as conscientious!
Sir, if Jesus had even one sin, then He could not have paid the penalty for the sins of mankind, period! The word of God makes clear that Jesus was without sin, any and all sin. If He had even one sin, then death would have had power over Him and He would not have been able to resurrect. And all who have died in Him and those who are still alive who believe in Him would still be in their sins and lost.

K

kaylagrl

I may be wrong, but I think the whole point of the op is an attempt to say Jesus IS NOT GOD IN THE FLESH!

Seems this thread needs a Shelock,good job. Don't know why the OP doesn't just come out and say it rather than blaming people for what they clearly said in the title of the thread "Jesus' Sins". smh

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
What of Jesus’ sins? The only sins he personally may have had was whatever the world attempted to place on him from his moment of birth. But he threw off the temptation of those sins as he got older, even as those around him were not as conscientious at doing so.
In view of what we know about the God-Man Christ Jesus, this is not even relevant or appropriate. He had no sins, He did not sin, He could not sin. The Bible says that He is HOLY, HARMLESS, UNDEFILED AND SEPARATE FROM SINNERS. Therefore made higher than the heavens.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
True. Sounds like either (a) heretical nonsense or (b) ignorant surmising.

newton3003

Feb 4, 2017
True. Sounds like either (a) heretical nonsense or (b) ignorant surmising.
Judge not, that ye be judged. For all the measures you use will be used on you. In your case, both you statements reek of (a) ignorance or (b) literacy-challenged..

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Judge not, that ye be judged. For all the measures you use will be used on you. In your case, both you statements reek of (a) ignorance or (b) literacy-challenged..
Why you not clearify the doubts some have about your intention to this thread. Like what PennEd supposed?
Maby we missunderstand you?

Jan 12, 2019
Some people believe that Jesus was not conceived using any part of Mary, though that would seem to go against Scripture. I do not know if that is what @Guojing meant, though :) Perhaps they could clarify?
According to what I understand of biology, the blood of any child comes from the father. The mother's role is to provide nutrition and oxygen only.

Which is good because sin is in the blood, if Jesus's blood came from Mary, it would have been tainted with the original sin.

https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placenta

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
"Judge not, that ye be judged" is one of the most misinterpreted scripture, by both Christians and non believers. Case in point, what did Jesus say after that? "First get the beam out of your own eye and then you will see clearly to help your brother with the speck in his eye. Therefore, make sure that you're living a right life before God, before making a judgment in regards to another believer. And regarding judgment, consider the following:

===============================================

"What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?

"If any of you has a dispute with another, do you dare to take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the Lord’s people? Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, do you ask for a ruling from those whose way of life is scorned in the church? I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers? "

==============================================

If we hear of or find out that a believer is living in sexual sin, say, do we not make a judgement based on the word of God, knowing that what that believer is going leads to dead. Or are we to say, "oh, I don't judge anyone?". Now, if we as a believer were also committing sexual immorality, then how can we make a judgment against a believer, when we are doing the same thing?

Another example would be John the Baptist, who told king Herod that it was unlawful for him to have his brother's wife, Herodias. Did John the Baptist sin because he made a judgement based on God's righteousness? Not at all! As believers, we are supposed to make right judgements.

The world uses the "Judge not, that ye be judged" as a way of silencing Christians who warn them about their sins. Same-sex is a good example of that. And believers who claim this, just haven't studied all of the scripture, claiming that we can't make any judgments, period.

Paul was a Christian and he made a judgment regarding a man who was sleeping with his stepmother. Regarding him, Paul said:

"As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, and this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord."

What? Paul passed judgment?

The type of judgment that we are never to perform, is condemning judgment, i.e. passing sentence upon a believer or an unbeliever.

I would respectfully advise for you to do a complete study on every scripture regarding judgment. I'm sure that you will come out with a different view.

In Nehemiah's case, he made a judgment based on false teachings, which is a right judgment.

Apr 15, 2017
He was born into a world of sin, so he was born with sin hanging on him like on the rest of us. Read my op to see what he did with them, that the the rest of us cannot do.

Here is an analogy:

Humans are born with hands, but dogs aren't. Both have an itch on their bellies. Humans with their hands can scratch their itch, but a dog can't reach its itch with its paws. So, he relies on a human to give it a belly rub. The dog in this analogy is us. The humans in this analogy is Jesus. The itch is the sins of the world. Like a dog relying on a human to give it a belly rub, we rely on Jesus, who scratched the itch of sin off of himself, to guide us in scratching off the itches of our sins.
2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Jesus did not have any sins, because God does not have any sins, for Jesus was always led of the Spirit from the time of His conception.

Jesus is God manifest in the flesh, the Word that was in the beginning with God, and is God, which is the plan of God to come in the future in flesh, and was conceived by the Spirit.

Jesus is God, and was always led by God, and the man Christ Jesus is the personal human body of God Himself, and the visible relationship to the saints, for the throne in heaven is the throne of God and the Lamb, God in the glorified body of the man Christ Jesus.

How can Jesus sin when He is God Himself, for if Jesus did sin as a human that would mean there is fault in God who would of not been able to lead the man Christ Jesus to do good all the time, which would diminish the power of God, and His influence, which cannot be true.

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Jesus was tempted as we were, yet without sin, for the man Christ Jesus did not have a choice in the situation, but could only comply to the truth of God, for He is God.

For Jesus to sin according to His humanity would mean God would have a conflict with His own self, for the man Christ Jesus is the personal human body of God, for it is His visible manifestation to the saints.

God appeared to Abraham twice in human form, would someone say that God was capable of sinning when He appeared before Abraham, so then He was not capable of sinning according to Jesus' humanity, for whether a body made of the earth, or born from a woman, it is still God in a visible manifestation.

If Jesus was born with sin hanging on Him like the rest of us then He would of needed a Savior the same as us, and Jesus was not born in to a world of sin, for He said He is not of this world, but of heaven.

The Bible says a Spirit led life will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh, for they have crucified the flesh with the affections, and lusts, and show the ways of the Spirit, and not the flesh, so a saint that allows the Spirit to lead them cannot sin.

Jesus was conceived by the Spirit, and always led by the Spirit so He could not sin.

Dec 12, 2013
That is why it needed to be a virgin birth. His blood came directly from GOd.
2 sets of scripture in context that states this........his blood CAME FROM MARY and he was born of the SPIRIT...the 2nd Adam in the LIKENESS of sinful flesh....!!!!!

Jan 12, 2019
2 sets of scripture in context that states this........his blood CAME FROM MARY and he was born of the SPIRIT...the 2nd Adam in the LIKENESS of sinful flesh....!!!!!
Which scripture says the blood came from Mary?

Dec 12, 2013
Which scripture says the blood came from Mary?
Are you seriously that dense.....NO SCRIPTURES STATE THE BLOOD came from the Father.....and Jesus was conceived in Mary, grew in Mary and was supplied blood from MARY.....wow dude.....you come up with some of the most off the wall views...

Again...two sets of scriptures in Context that states GOD THE FATHER PROVIDED THE BLOOD!!!

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
The Holy Spirit placed the seed of God, nothing to do with Mary, only to do with God 100% into the womb of Mary like a Doctor would a woman in the process of in vitro to those who cannot get pregnant.

Yeshua, did not receive a single strand of DNA from Mary at all.

He was sinless from word "GO."

He had to drink the CUP to become sin. Had He been born into sin, the CUP would be a waste of time!!

So, this theory of Yeshua being human with Mary's DNA, and born into sin as a sinner, is the dumbest revelation the Adversary has ever tried to pull!!

Dec 12, 2013
The Holy Spirit placed the seed of God, nothing to do with Mary, only to do with God 100% into the womb of Mary like a Doctor would a woman in the process of in vitro to those who cannot get pregnant.

Yeshua, did not receive a single strand of DNA from Mary at all.

He was sinless from word "GO."

He had to drink the CUP to become sin. Had He been born into sin, the CUP would be a waste of time!!

So, this theory of Yeshua being human with Mary's DNA, and born into sin as a sinner, is the dumbest revelation the Adversary has ever tried to pull!!
You must be dense or never study....and the above is one of the top 10 most ignorant things that I have seen come out of the mind of one claiming to believe and reeks of ignorance, a lack of study and or honesty with the scriptures and or verbiage used in the word....IT BORDERS ON Satanic!!

He was called the SON OF MAN for a reason

The seed of the WOMAN genesis 3:15 <--It does not state SEED OF THE FATHER

Galatians 4:4 But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law

ek or ex: from, from out of
Original Word: ἐκ, ἐξ
Part of Speech: Preposition
Transliteration: ek or ex
Phonetic Spelling: (ek)
Definition: from, from out of
Usage: from out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards