Jesus being Michael the archangel

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 24, 2012
If Jesus isn't Michael the archangel, could someone (or maybe more than one person) explain why?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Archangels are created beings; Jesus is the Creator. It's that simple. :)

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
If Jesus isn't Michael the archangel, could someone (or maybe more than one person) explain why?
Jesus is NOT an angel, arc or otherwise. He is God in human flesh.

Why on Earth would you think He is?

Apr 15, 2017
Because Jesus is God who was not created, and Michael is an angel that was created.

The Bible says that Jesus was made better than the angels, which is the man Christ Jesus, and now a glorified body whose deity is God, for Jesus is God manifest in the flesh, and in Him dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Jesus is not in angelic form, but in a glorified body, which the throne in heaven is the throne of God and the Lamb, God in the glorified body of the man Christ Jesus.

The angels worship Jesus, and He is above all principality, power, and authority.

Which the Bible says that Jesus dwells in the light that no person can approach unto, and no person has ever seen Jesus, and no person will ever see Jesus, for He is the invisible God that showed a visible image of Himself.

Jesus sits on the right hand of God, which the Bible says none of the angels will have that privilege.

The Bible says God is our Savior, and the man Christ Jesus the mediator between God and men, for only a sinless man can reconcile mankind to God, and no angel is qualified to provide salvation for people.

The angels are ministering spirits to the saints, and the angels desire to look in to the salvation of the saints for the saints will have a higher position in heaven than that of the angels.

Angels are greater than the saints when they are in the flesh, but the saints are greater in a glorified body than the angels.

Concerning Jesus the Bible says thy throne O God is eternal and forever.

Jesus is made after the order of Melchizedek who is without decent, having neither father or mother, and having no beginning of days, or end of life, which he was a visible image of God.

Jesus as God was not created which He is from everlasting which means no beginning, and God said there was no God formed before Him, and there shall be no God formed after Him.

Michael is only an angel, and if the saints are greater than the angels then Jesus would be greater than an angel.

Also the Bible says do not worship an angel, and the saints worship Jesus.

Apr 5, 2020
Before Jesus was the Jesus we read in the Bible, He was the WORD, which is God.
The WORD is the Creator of all things, especially the Creator of Michael the Angel.
The Word is both internal and external part of God Himself.
The WORD was begat in the sense, that God removed the WORD from being internal within God, to being a part of God externally.
Therefore, the WORD is both an intimate portion of God and an external portion of God.

Michael, is simply Created and obeys the WORD's command!

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @LeeLoving, while there is plenty of evidence in the Bible that tells us that Michael and Jesus are two different beings, this verse from Jude is all you really need, as Michael tells us plainly in that verse that he is not the Lord Jesus Christ.

Jude
9 Michael the archangel, when he disputed with the devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!

~Deut
p.s. - here's the verse in context.

Jude
1 Jude, a bond-servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James,
To those who are the called, beloved in God the Father, and kept for Jesus Christ:
2 May mercy and peace and love be multiplied to you.
3 Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints.
4 For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.
5 Now I desire to remind you, though you know all things once for all, that the Lord, after saving a people out of the land of Egypt, subsequently destroyed those who did not believe.
6 And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day,
7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
8 Yet in the same way these men, also by dreaming, defile the flesh, and reject authority, and revile angelic majesties.
9 But Michael the archangel, when he disputed with the devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!

Feb 29, 2020
Revelation 5:11-12 KJVS
[11] And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; [12] Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

Many angels were giving praise to the Lord here. It seems it can be assumed that Michael was among the angels doing the same here.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
Well who told you that Jesus is Michael the arc angel? Was it the Jehovah witnesses of the SDA? Do some homework and google the Angel of the Lord. You will be surprised at what you found. You also received some good answers here from people.

You want to know the best proof there is that the angel of the Lord is not Michael? Just read Genesis 22 where the angel of the Lord swears to Abraham that He will multiply his seed etc. Genesis 22:15-19. Then cross reference that with Hebrews 6:13-14.

IN THE ANGEL OF THE LORD,
bluto

Dec 12, 2013
Jesus is God

Michael was a CREATED Arch Angel by JESUS....!!!

There is nothing to explain!

And this is Christian Chat...not the watchtower society....False Jehovah's Witnesses peddle that crap......

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Not necessarily wanting to add anything else to the wackiness here, but I forgot about the JW belief that Michael the Archangel and Jesus were one and the same being, and also (if memory serves), that there was some serious speculation among the JW leadership that Michael Jackson was none other than Michael the Archangel (aka Jesus).

Of course, that belief subsided quickly when the JW's, Watchtower Society, gave him the boot as a JW because of his "Thriller" video ... again, if memory serves.

Does anyone else remember anything about that :unsure:

Thanks!

~Deut

Sep 24, 2012
I might have read something written by Doug Batchelor maybe saying that Jesus is Michael the archangel and it might have messed me up.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
very loosely, it could be said that the machinations of beings that are subject to the will of the Lord carrying out that will could be said to be "him" in an auxiliary fashion. The same way that a prophet speaking his words would be. The prophet is not "him" but the words are. Us being vessels for his spirit being poured out on others would fit this line of thinking.

That's as far as you could go.

However, it is has been CLEARLY presented to me that there is more to it than that and it is clear error to equate creations and even their carrying out the Lord's will as the Lord himself in totality and that great care must be exercised even in the auxiliary fashion I mentioned.

I'll be honest when the Lord is moving in me and through me and the closeness and blending that I feel at times, it is hard to seperate (nor do I really care to) but more than once the distinction was quite relevant. I've gone through this personally and it was uh, distinct.

So yes, Michael is not him except in that sense...if I were to meet the thinking halfway supposing someone were stuck in it and needs to understand why they think this way.

I'll attempt to put it another way after a bit of thought if you would find that helpful or if this is not clear enough :)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I once had a best friend named Michael, does that count? :unsure:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Jesus/Yeshua walked the earth, His earth, as a created Being of flesh, yet He was in the beginning. Actually the Alfa and the Omega.

Michael may be translated as "One Who is Like El (God)," so this is open to me for He did fight Satan before arriving to Daniel. Also in some translations of the Word, when Yeshua walked upon the water, one of the apostles said "It is not Jesus but His Angel" is some translations.

Mar 28, 2016
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
Jesus is the only one recorded. He is the high priest or chief apostle who send out other apostles with the good news of His gospel. God is not a man . "Michael' (who is like God?) No man. Faithless men make gods in the likeness of men. Not the the way God designed it turning it upside down taking away the understanding of the Potter. . the word became flesh as temporal clothing to demonstrate the unseen work of the father and Son. (No father, no Son, no God.)

Hebrews 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

And the lord put his words on the lips of the Son of man and the Lord rebuked the father of lies, as it is writtten again and again .

Strike three struck him out. Back to the bottomless dugout

No power is attributed to the flesh the body of death .

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Jesus/Yeshua walked the earth, His earth, as a created Being of flesh, yet He was in the beginning. Actually the Alfa and the Omega.

Michael may be translated as "One Who is Like El (God)," so this is open to me for He did fight Satan before arriving to Daniel. Also in some translations of the Word, when Yeshua walked upon the water, one of the apostles said "It is not Jesus but His Angel" is some translations.
This couldn’t be, Jesus as God or as man is never sent to personally help the angels...
Daniel 10:13 KJV
[13] But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Hebrews 1:14 KJV
[14] Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

Above I have related teaching from the Bible and the product of the sstudy of Hebrew..

I am taken aback at the dislike posted on my share, especially from someone who posts more as an intellectual than believing in things yet unseen. Oh, I did not say yes or no to the post, smply the product of study.