Jesus being Michael the archangel

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 19, 2020
Archangels are created beings; Jesus is the Creator. It's that simple. :)
Does not 1 Corinthians 8:6 say there is but one God the Father and distinguish him from Jesus Christ? In this verse does it not highlight the function of God the Father as the SOURCE of creation as distinguished from Christ’s role as MEDIATOR of creation?

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Does not 1 Corinthians 8:6 say there is but one God the Father and distinguish him from Jesus Christ? In this verse does it not highlight the function of God the Father as the SOURCE of creation as distinguished from Christ’s role as MEDIATOR of creation?
One God ''The Father'' and His Word become flesh , same one God in terms we can relate and understand .. God the Father has never been apart from His Word but can exist however He sees fit .. God Himself came to die and redeem us in the only way possible ... How great is that ? ''My Lord and my God'' Jesus of Nazareth .. 16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me. YHVH=Jesus

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Mar 28, 2016
This couldn’t be, Jesus as God or as man is never sent to personally help the angels...
Daniel 10:13 KJV
[13] But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Hebrews 1:14 KJV
[14] Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
All prophets sent as apostle bring messages as prophecy. Help coming from the mouth of God . The father sent words of prophecy to strengthen Jesus in the three day demonstration to the world.

Which other prophet/ apostle as a messenger did he say today I have begotten thee. . Son? Not Peter Paul or Mary.?

Its not uncommon to send a messenger to strengthen another. Spiritual gifts not seen are always two fold in that way . Those gifts bless the speaker as well as the hearer.

Below we see the high priest and apostle crying out for strength .The father sent him his words of encourage needed to finish the mutual work. The gospel of peace.

Luke 22:42-44 (KJV) Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

Plenty of angels on this chat forum .Be careful how you hear when entertaining brothers and sisters of the other tribes. .

Hebrews 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Above I have related teaching from the Bible and the product of the sstudy of Hebrew..

I am taken aback at the dislike posted on my share, especially from someone who posts more as an intellectual than believing in things yet unseen. Oh, I did not say yes or no to the post, smply the product of study.
At least I answered yours directly with Scripture and not incognito.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I see no need to discuss the finer points of the Trinity in a thread about Jesus and Michael. :)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
All prophets sent as apostle bring messages as prophecy. Help coming from the mouth of God . The father sent words of prophecy to strengthen Jesus in the three day demonstration to the world.

Which other prophet/ apostle as a messenger did he say today I have begotten thee. . Son? Not Peter Paul or Mary.?

Its not uncommon to send a messenger to strengthen another. Spiritual gifts not seen are always two fold in that way . Those gifts bless the speaker as well as the hearer.

Below we see the high priest and apostle crying out for strength .The father sent him his words of encourage needed to finish the mutual work. The gospel of peace.

Luke 22:42-44 (KJV) Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

Plenty of angels on this chat forum .Be careful how you hear when entertaining brothers and sisters of the other tribes. .

Hebrews 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
My point was that Jesus was never sent to strengthen an angel, whether as God or as man. Yes, angels had ministered to Him but the person I quoted alluded to Daniel where Michael the Arch Angel helped another angel and so therefore Michael could not be Jesus, no matter how much you spin the Hebrew.

Mar 28, 2016
My point was that Jesus was never sent to strengthen an angel, whether as God or as man. Yes, angels had ministered to Him but the person I quoted alluded to Daniel where Michael the Arch Angel helped another angel and so therefore Michael could not be Jesus, no matter how much you spin the Hebrew.

Its not about spinning Hebrew. But defining messengers of God like the apostle Jesus sent by the Father to strengthen other messengers that have the same power working in them, the power that worked in Jesus.

Luke 22:32But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Luke 22:43And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

2 Corinthians 4:7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Feb 1, 2020
Well like others pointed out, Jesus is not an angel. Jesus is the Word of God, the Word was made flesh as the man that is Jesus. Lord Jesus administered, was crucified, and resurrected. Jesus is still what he is, now in glory of the resurrection and has ascended to the Father. It is prophesied that Lord Jesus will return to bring an end to the world and the kingdom of darkness, resurrect all of humanity, and after the judgement, usher in the eternity of God's Kingdom where he shall reign in New Jerusalem forever and be its light, praise Jesus.

Archangel Michael is an angel and is always described as an angel. Michael is spoken of in the Book of Daniel as angel Daniel encounters and also one that contends with the prince of Persia. The book of the Apocalypse prophesies that the old dragon named Satan will corrupt 1/3rd of the angels and make a futile last ditch war in heaven. The remaining good angels and Michael the archangel will fight the evil angels and the dragon whom deceived them and throw them out of heaven and unto the earth.

People for a few ages now have confused Michael with Jesus, this is not a new heresy or misconception, but they are not the same. Though it is somewhat easy to see how some can be confused as a forgivable mistake, since Jesus and Archangel Michael are after all part of the same kingdom, the kingdom of God. As such all the good angels and good men in the Bible that are legendary heroes, for example the frequently cited king David, often have some similarity to Lord Jesus, a sort of echo of him, which is really just more proof that he is the Word of God by which the Father created everything that ever existed and ever will, praise Jesus.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Its not about spinning Hebrew. But defining messengers of God like the apostle Jesus sent by the Father to strengthen other messengers that have the same power working in them, the power that worked in Jesus.

Luke 22:32But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Luke 22:43And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

2 Corinthians 4:7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
Ok, last time, please give me a verse where Jesus clearly came to the aid of an angel. We are not twisting meanings, I am using angel in the sense of Michael the Arch Angel or as in...
Hebrews 1:5-7 KJV
[5] For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? [6] And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. [7] And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

not the generic term ‘messenger’ as one of the meaning of angel.
Let’s not play around with this topic as many young Christians get convinced that Jesus is a created being.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
This couldn’t be, Jesus as God or as man is never sent to personally help the angels...
Daniel 10:13 KJV
[13] But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Hebrews 1:14 KJV
[14] Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
Keep following.
It is not improper for anyone to share learning fromt he Word without having to quote chapter and verse. After all my Savior did not recite chapter and verse rather would way simply the words He had to say in reference to the Word. Oh, Right! He is the Word.

As far as the comment icons you have selected, it is my considered opinion these two last ones should not even be an options. I would not use either, however I see you do not mind at all.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
A clear distinction in the power and authority of Michael and Jesus can be seen in comparing Matthew 4:10 where Jesus rebukes Satan, and Jude verse 9, where Michael the archangel “dared not bring a judgment of blasphemy” against Satan, and calls on the Lord to rebuke him.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Jesus/Yeshua walked the earth, His earth, as a created Being of flesh, yet He was in the beginning. Actually the Alfa and the Omega.

Michael may be translated as "One Who is Like El (God)," so this is open to me for He did fight Satan before arriving to Daniel. Also in some translations of the Word, when Yeshua walked upon the water, one of the apostles said "It is not Jesus but His Angel" is some translations.
The quote abov eis my entire post. It is derived from the Word and study of Hebrew. There is no conclusion as to Michael being Jesus or not, simply information .

So why the big deal putting in agreement with anyone here_ Not very kind nor intelligent.

If I were to share the another archangel, Rafael, is translated as Healer God, I suppose this would be my saying he is God. Talk about reaching for contention that is not there.

My main beef is the use of those commentary icons which I do not believe belong in the dialogue of believers of Jesus-Yeshua… They are used to insult more than to edify, but this is my personal belief.

And so it goes. Good night from Spain. May all be blessed, safe and well.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
If Jesus isn't Michael the archangel, could someone (or maybe more than one person) explain why?
PLease review Daniel...there are three beings mentioned...the man in linen, Gabriel, and Michael...
The man in linen commands Gabriel to give Daniel the meaning of the vision
The man in linen tells Daniel in Daniel 10, that HE was delayed 21 days and no one helped HIM but, Michael, the prince of your people.

Who is the man in linen?

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
The quote abov eis my entire post. It is derived from the Word and study of Hebrew. There is no conclusion as to Michael being Jesus or not, simply information .

So why the big deal putting in agreement with anyone here_ Not very kind nor intelligent.

If I were to share the another archangel, Rafael, is translated as Healer God, I suppose this would be my saying he is God. Talk about reaching for contention that is not there.

My main beef is the use of those commentary icons which I do not believe belong in the dialogue of believers of Jesus-Yeshua… They are used to insult more than to edify, but this is my personal belief.

Goodnight, I appreciate your posts :)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Ok, last time, please give me a verse where Jesus clearly came to the aid of an angel. We are not twisting meanings, I am using angel in the sense of Michael the Arch Angel or as in...

not the generic term ‘messenger’ as one of the meaning of angel.
Let’s not play around with this topic as many young Christians get convinced that Jesus is a created being.
FYI, I have asked Garee directly several times whether he believes that Jesus is divine, and he has danced around it repeatedly, responding with irrelevant and voluminous bafflegab.

bluto

Aug 4, 2016

Mr. Jaumel! I am going to show you kindness, intelligence, logic, reason and the word of God, the Bible only. Not commentaries and not icons etc.

And this topic is a "BIG DEAL" because if you have the wrong Jesus by saying Jesus is an angel called Michael then you are now in the category of the cults like the Jehovah Witnesses who do teach Jesus is Michael the are angel.

Now, you said there is no "conclusion as to Michael being Jesus or not, simply information." This is a false statement because the God I serve does not leave Christians "hanging" out there in the wind trying to figure out what His word means.

You said Michael's name means, "Who is like God." Jesus' name is "God with Us." Matthew 1:23. Jesus is identified as "Savior, Christ and Lord, Michael is not. Luke 2:11, "for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." Jesus is clearly identified as God at John 1:1, 2 Peter 1:1, John 20:28 and at other numerous places, Michael is not.

Michael is an actual angel and Jesus is not. Jesus is known as the "Angel of the Lord" but He is not an actual angel. Jesus is the one and only manifestion of God because God the Father cannot be seen, even according to Jesus Himself. John 1:18. The angel of the Lord first appears as the angel of the Lord at Genesis 16:7. He confronts Hagar and tells her at vs10, "I will greatly multiply your descendants so they shall be too many to number." At Geneses 16:13 Hagar says the following: "Then she called the name of the Lord who spoke to her, "Thou art a God who sees;" for she said, "Have I even remained alive here AFTER SEEING HIM." These would be the Arabs of today. Michael did not and cannot multiply anyone's descendants, only God can do this. Angels are limited in what they can do and that is why they are called, "ministering spirits."

At Genesis 22 where God ask Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac who have the angel of the Lord calling out from heaven two times to Abraham at Genesis 22:11 and at vs15. The angel of the Lord says the following at Genesis 22:16, "and said, "By Myself I have sworn, declares the Lord because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son, vs17, indeed I will greatly bless you and I will greatly multiply your seeds as the stars of the heavens, and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your seed shall possess the gate of their enemines."

It could not be more clear that the angel of the Lord, the preincarnate Jesus Christ can't be Michael the arc angel, it's impossible. The main reason why is that angels CANNOT SWEAR OATHS on behalf of God. This is clearly confirmed at Hebrews 6:13,14 which refers back to Genesis 22. "For when God made the promise to Abraham, SINCE HE COULD SWEAR BY NO ONE GREATER, HE SWORE BY HIMSELF.' vs14, saying, I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply you.'

Angels are not greater than God Himself therefore Michael can't be Jesus and it was Jesus who swore the oath since He is God the Son. This is not hard to understand. Now, tell me where I'm wrong, anybody?

IN THE ANGEL OF THE LORD,
bluto