Jesus broke the law

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
He said, "I have not come to abolish or destroy the law but to fulfill it.
How did Jesus fulfill the law
He didn't tell you what that law was?

For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. John 5

And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated. Deut 34:7​

47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words? John 5

And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. Gen 6:3​

Would you believe the law of truth?

Let's see, you either knew it already or you ain't buying it....

7seasrekeyed

Okay first I am still impressed with how this chatroom is more about tearing Down than building up.
Christ if you pray to christ you are praying to his gift not to him
The christ in us is the hope of glory. Feels like I'm teaching Sunday school
Number 2
Did Jesus break the law
Yes 7 times he healed on the sabbath. Keep the sabbath holy, do no work on the sabbath. He healed the man with the withered hand, in front of the pharisees.
He touched a leper ceremonially unclean
He announced he was the son of God think that law 2
Do you really think he went before caiphas and the sanhedrin because because his name was Jesus.
He went because he made a mockery of the religious traditions
Kinda what I'm doing

what was the law for? it pointed to sin

Jesus was sinless

yet what did God say? What did Jesus show?

mercy

perhaps you need to study what that is and understand there is no law against God

Peter stated we must obey God rather than human beings when told to stop speaking about Jesus (Acts 5:29)

the law was given by God to human beings

Jesus is God and fulflled the law

apparently you wish to interpret the law as did the Pharisees and you use their judgement when describing this forum

you know, if you think so little of the people here, and since it seems we think so little of your smart aleck opinions, you could always go and find another soapbox where people are less learned in the scriptures

7seasrekeyed

after doing a little research concerning the 'startling' treasures revealed in darkness and lo no one but the op is aware of the Holy Spirit (he likes to allude to that in certain of his posts), it seems this is a 'teaching' currently making the rounds on the net

maybe he just wants to be popular

there are various other 'treasures' also making the rounds these days such as:

Jesus was a refugee
Jesus was a rebel
and so on

IMO, all of these types of interpretations give people freedom (in their minds) to do the same while also saying that the Jesus teaching was not for today so we don't have to obey leaders etc etc

it's quite interesting

L

Locoponydirtman

what was the law for? it pointed to sin

Jesus was sinless

yet what did God say? What did Jesus show?

mercy

perhaps you need to study what that is and understand there is no law against God

Peter stated we must obey God rather than human beings when told to stop speaking about Jesus (Acts 5:29)

the law was given by God to human beings

Jesus is God and fulflled the law

apparently you wish to interpret the law as did the Pharisees and you use their judgement when describing this forum

you know, if you think so little of the people here, and since it seems we think so little of your smart aleck opinions, you could always go and find another soapbox where people are less learned in the scriptures
What he needs to do is sit under a sound teacher to teach him correct doctrine, and stop thinking himself a teacher.

L

Locoponydirtman

and help to choose one :whistle:
My favorite for along time was RC Sproul, until he passed on, Now I like Reverend Fisk. I know there are some doctrinal differences, but as a Bible student our primary teacher is the Bible itself. So I can find the balances in non-essential doctrine, as long a correct Christology is taught. Which is what this guy, Maverick has critically wrong.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
It seems to me that people grab any interpretation of scripture truths that points to not having to bother with obedience of law, and that leads to wrong interpretation of scripture. To me it seems plain that Christ fulfilled the law because through what He did we may be made righteous. We were born in sin, we could not be righteous except through Christ and we must be righteous to live forever with God in heaven. We could not fulfill the law through our own efforts, they are as filthy rags to God, it is fulfilled through Christ.

Where I think so many miss the mark after understanding this is what James so carefully taught, that God made everything and we belong to God. We are not our own to follow our fleshly desires, we take on Christ within us when we accept his righteousness for ourselves, we give our will over to Christ and that is to be sinless. That we are born in sin and cannot attain this by ourselves does not apply at all, we are to give our will over to be sinless as Christ is sinless. When we work for the Lord, it isn't work to be righteous by our own efforts, it isn't work to please the Lord, it is work as the only right way to live in the truth of the Lord.

Mar 28, 2016
No need to change the title
He broke and fulfilled it.
But you have to have an understanding of scripture, and you can't get it through man. In darkness the treasures reside

How did he break the law? And was it in respect to a cerimonial law. . as not breaking it but fulfilling its shadow?

Is that what you mean by breaking the law?

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Are you saying Jesus never broke the law.
The cross doesnt happen unless he breaks the law.
If he would broke the law, he would have sinned. But he was without sin. So he did not broke any law.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
To continue.
Definition of sin hebrew
The mark in the center of a target for archers.
Why did Adam fall didn't listen to his father.
What's the greatest commandment.
Love God with all your heart
Jesus obeyed his father even unto death.
He didn't want to do it.
Thus by obeying his father he fulfilled the law
The laws he broke were the laws used to drive you to your knees.
The hebrews of the wilderness, much like many today, believe they only need God in a support role.
And that is why there is so much hatred amongst so called Christians,
Because your scared
In your shoes I was also
In which shoes you are now?

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
But you have to have an understanding of scripture, and you can't get it through man. In darkness the treasures reside
Okay first I am still impressed with how this chatroom is more about tearing Down than building up.
Christ if you pray to christ you are praying to his gift not to him
The christ in us is the hope of glory. Feels like I'm teaching Sunday school
Number 2
Did Jesus break the law
Yes 7 times he healed on the sabbath. Keep the sabbath holy, do no work on the sabbath. He healed the man with the withered hand, in front of the pharisees.
He touched a leper ceremonially unclean
He announced he was the son of God think that law 2
Do you really think he went before caiphas and the sanhedrin because because his name was Jesus.
He went because he made a mockery of the religious traditions
Kinda what I'm doing
Where it is written in the OT that healing on the sabbath is not allowed? Is it not more man made, ( in this case from the pharasees) not to heal? According Jesus it was for the Pharaseese ok to got an animal out of the well to save it. So if he broke a rule, then a man made! Something what God never comandet.
He came in front of caiaphas because he claimed to be the son of God. How was this a sin? He in deed was/is the son of God!

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
You start out by tearing down Christ, then complain. If you wish to have a conversation that edifies, you start out by glorifying the Lord Jesus Christ.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
There is indeed a lot of tearing down that happens here. That's what should happen to bad or unbiblical ideas.

If I wanted to criticize you, I would make comments about you as a person. If I wanted to criticize your ideas, I would make comments about your ideas. There is a massive difference between the two. :)

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
The old covenant had laws, statutes, and ordinances which dictated the outward adherence to sacrificial, dietary, social, marital, Sabbath days, ceremonial Temple rules, and the priesthood. But with the new covenant, Christ became our sabbath rest, our sacrifice, our high priest, etc. So many OT statutes didn't carry over to the new covenant, they were just forerunners to Christ who fulfilled those laws.

Did Jesus break the law
Yes 7 times he healed on the sabbath. Keep the sabbath holy, do no work on the sabbath.
Healing was not work, it was compassion. "Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy". The Lord of the Sabbath kept it holy by giving a gift of God to the needy. "Thy faith hath made the whole"... Faith is not work, its trust in God.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Great question, maverich. Yeshua/Jesus came to Earth to fulfill all of the Law of Moses and all that the prophets had written.

How did Yeshua/Jesus fulfill the Law?

He was circumcised on the 8th day, busy about His Father's business at the age of 12 in the Temple in Jerusalem, at the age of 30 He was water baptized by John the Baptist that said when he saw Yeshua/Jesus, "Why do you come to me to be baptized? I need rather to be baptized by You!"

Yeshua/Jesus replies, "Suffer it to be so. So that we may fulfill all righteousness." Yeshua/Jesus was fulfilling the Law of Righteousness (and all that the prophets had written about the Messiah).

God had to come in "human form" to fulfill all righteousness for us. Not only did He fulfill the Law but, He also satisfied the Curse of the Law which is death. In His Body is recorded all the Works of the Law FULFILLED and in His Body is recorded the Curse of the Law FULFILLED by the shedding of His Blood which takes away our sin. God had prepared a PERFECT sacrifice - The Lamb of God.

On the Mount of Transfiguration, Yeshua/Jesus was examined by the Law (Moses) and the Prophets (Elijah) to determine if in His human body all the Law and the Prophets were FULFILLED. He passed - He was transfigured.

Then, He went to the cross and died for us. His last words were, "It is finished." His part is finished, that is. We still need to BELIEVE to be saved.

Do you believe Yeshua/Jesus is the ONLY Savior provided for you by the Father? Is He the ONLY way to salvation? What do you believe? :unsure::unsure:

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Let the Light shine:

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
(NOTE: Sin is transgressing God's given laws)

Scripture proclaims Christ/Jesus was sinless, I.E. Never TRANSGRESSED/broke any God given laws!

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, ""who knew no sin""; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
(NOTE: Christ/Jesus, ""who knew no sin"")

Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, ""yet without sin"".
(NOTE: Christ/Jesus, was tempted ""yet without sin"")

1 John 3:5 and ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and ""in him is no sin"".
(NOTE: Christ/Jesus, God manifested and ""in him is no sin"")

1 Peter 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb ""without blemish and without spot"":
(NOTE: Christ/Jesus, the Lamb of God was ""without blemish and without spot"")

1 Peter 2:22 ""Who did no sin"", neither was guile found in his mouth:
(NOTE: Christ/Jesus, ""Who did no sin"" nor was any guile found in his mouth)