Jesus Christ is God BUT NOT THE FATHER - WHP CAME UP WITH THIS????

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
You have not used any Bible. You have only used your own words to explain the word of God. You must use the word of God to explain doctrine. You have only addressed the texts I quoted with your own words.
When one reads the written Word, it is dead unless the Holy Spirit guides and teaches those words. Afterwards to pass on the teaching it is hardly ever necessary to robotocally repeat the exact words read and understood, however it is necessary to pass on the learning in the light of the Holy Spirit, otherwise your preacher or priest is in err when giving his sermon. Either we fellowship in the light of the Holy Spirit or we think all others are in err, which are you doing in this forum? May God bless you with His knowledge in Jesus Christ, amen.

V

virteous_man

Jesus is the fulness of the Godhead bodily. The Father is in Him, He is in the Father. The Holy Spirit is in the believer, The Holy Spirit is in Jesus. Therefore all are one Father, Son and Holy Ghost:

Ac:17:29: Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
Ro:1:20: For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Col:2:9: For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

one of Jesus's names is Everlasting Father:

Isa:9:6: For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Joh:4:23: But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh:14:10: Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh:14:11: Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
Joh:15:16: Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
Joh:16:23: And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
Eph:5:20: Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Re:3:21: To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Last edited:
T

theBibleisawsome

The Bible also says only one God. There is only one true all powerful God. He has a throne in heaven. There is no god the father god the son and god the holy ghost. There is only God the Father. God bless u all

Dec 14, 2009
Jesus talks to God as a separate being. 'Oh Father, why have you forsaken me'.

God's Holy Spirit is his force, which enters us. He breathed it into us when he made man.

And that piece of text about God being 'through all and in all' is from script. Ephesians 4;6

Moses saw God as flame in a bush, or heard his voice, not saw his face.

If Stephen gave Himself to Jesus, surely God would forgive him for thinking that a man who can change water to wine is God Himself?

God says in no uncertain terms, many times, that he is One God, that he is unchanging, that he cannot be seen in his real form.

To assume the Trinity are 3 but one is absurd.

Jesus is apart from God, He is God's 'SON'. Who will sit at his right hand.

God is God, who rules all, and made all.

And the Holy Spirit is the life force of God. Together they make up all the divinity, yes. Because Jesus' spirit is in part God's, as they are Father and Son. But Jesus and God are seperate entities, like my dad and I am.

'Made in His image'

Dec 14, 2009
Where they are singular is in their hope and love for man, their will.

Feb 23, 2011
If Jesus is the Father, then who spoke to Him out of the cloud? Did He call Himself Son?
If he wasn't the Father then how come when Phillip asked him show us the Father he gave him a answer that indicated that he was the Father. He said have I been so long time with u and u still don't know me? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. If he wasn't the Father he had the chance right there to tell them all but he didn't he said a answer that indicated he was the Father. If he and the Father were separate from each other he could've told Phillip I can't show u the Father because he is somewhere else or that he is in Heaven. But he didn't he gave them a answer that indicated he was the Father. God bless u
Easy capeezy.

The one true singular God spoke forth the essence of Himself as a substantial man. God's Word became flesh.

The Father is God transcendent. The Son is God immanent. God AS an immanent man while simultaneously being God transcendent to all creation.

God externalized His own Self within creation. No Trinity. No Modalism.

Z

zackabba

The one true singular God spoke forth the essence of Himself as a substantial man. God's Word became flesh.

The Father is God transcendent. The Son is God immanent. God AS an immanent man while simultaneously being God transcendent to all creation.

Yes - I don't disagree with anything here.

God externalized His own Self within creation. No Trinity. No Modalism.

...why would that automatically exclude the Trinity? God did "externalize" His own self into creation. The Son is God. God the Father was in heaven while the Son was on earth - God was both in heaven and on earth, and His Spirit fills all things (as does Jesus now).