"Jesus died for everybody's sins"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CS1

May 23, 2012
He doesn’t promote Calvinism, he promotes hyper-Calvinism. He’s promoting hardshellism, as they deny the necessity of the preached gospel. They hold it from ppl until they use their “elect sense”(akin to Spider-Man’s spidey sense) and once they detect regeneration has occurred to someone(as if there’s a way to detect that), then, and only then, do they give them the gospel.

Utter foolishness!
Ok, LOL

Jan 17, 2020
He died for everyone, and everyone has the cabability to recieve His grace, but it is up to them to pursue God and to accept and receive that forgiveness. The verse I think best correlates to this is 2 Corinthians 5:15, "He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them."
This makes the self righteous their own savior and robs God of his glory in salvation.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I would like to say I have not mentioned Calvin you did. I want that clear for the record :). Secondly, I would humbly suggest that the Holy Spirit is the one who helps us know the truth. I know many who read the KJV and are biblically wrong contextually.

I disagree the list I provided can be done by those who are not saved Judas did them. Gd called us when we were yet sinners you answered the call as a sinner the grace through faith was given. This is instantaneous work of God that man can not comprehend.

FYI, KJV did not save you. Jesus did. it was not the KJV that preached to you to be saved. it was the gospel of Jesus Christ which Paul said " IS the POWER OF GOD UNTO SALVATION."

death burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
I agree that the Holy Spirit is the revelator of the truth. A person must have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (born again) before he is able to discern the things of the Spirit (1 Cor 2:14). The natural man, who thinks the things of the Spirit are foolishness, will not answer a call from a spiritual God, and furthermore, Cod does not call the natural man. God transforms the spiritually dead natural man into a spiritually alive being by his sovereign grace, without the help of man, (Eph 2).

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
He doesn’t promote Calvinism, he promotes hyper-Calvinism. He’s promoting hardshellism, as they deny the necessity of the preached gospel. They hold it from ppl until they use their “elect sense”(akin to Spider-Man’s spidey sense) and once they detect regeneration has occurred to someone(as if there’s a way to detect that), then, and only then, do they give them the gospel.

Utter foolishness!
The preached gospel is, indeed, necessary to deliver God's children, who are still babes in Christ from believing in eternal deliverance by their works, as they sojourn here in this world. Romans 10: 1-2-3, Paul is praying that (Jacob/Israel) might be delivered from believing in the false doctrine of eternal deliverance by good works. These children of God (as evidenced by their zeal of God) are going about to establish their own righteousness, having not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Understanding the gospel is not the cause of your eternal deliverance. Eternal deliverance is accomplished only by the sovereign grace of God, without the help of man. The understanding of the gospel does, however, deliver you here in this world, from believing that eternal deliverance is accomplished by man's obedience.

What would it accomplish to preach the spiritual gospel to the natural man (void of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit) if he thinks that the things of the Spirit is foolishness, and he cannot discern the things of the Spirit? (1 Cor 2:14).

Paul is praying for people just like you, who are thinking that they have to do something in order to get saved (delivered) eternally.

John 17:9, I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me, for they are mine. 1 John 5:19, And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
This is incorrect. The OT saints were justified by grace through faith, but the gift of the Holy Spirit could only be given to them after the finished work of Christ and His ascension into Heaven. And the New Birth could not occur until the Holy Spirit was given under the New Covenant.

Getting back to the title of the thread, to deny that Christ died for the sins of the whole world is to call God and Christ liars. There are numerous Scriptures which solidly establish the fact that Christ tasted death for every man. However only those who believe the Gospel are saved by grace.
Psalms 63:11, Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? Where is he THAT BUT HIS HOLY SPIRIT WITHIN HIM? The old testament saints were born with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, just the same as we are today.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
He died for everyone, and everyone has the cabability to recieve His grace, but it is up to them to pursue God and to accept and receive that forgiveness. The verse I think best correlates to this is 2 Corinthians 5:15, "He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them."
The "all" in verse 15 of 2 Corinthians 5 are the same as those in verse 5 who God has given the earnest of the Spirit. that is, if you want to keep it in context.

Oct 25, 2018
The preached gospel is, indeed, necessary to deliver God's children, who are still babes in Christ from believing in eternal deliverance by their works, as they sojourn here in this world. Romans 10: 1-2-3, Paul is praying that (Jacob/Israel) might be delivered from believing in the false doctrine of eternal deliverance by good works. These children of God (as evidenced by their zeal of God) are going about to establish their own righteousness, having not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Understanding the gospel is not the cause of your eternal deliverance. Eternal deliverance is accomplished only by the sovereign grace of God, without the help of man. The understanding of the gospel does, however, deliver you here in this world, from believing that eternal deliverance is accomplished by man's obedience.

What would it accomplish to preach the spiritual gospel to the natural man (void of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit) if he thinks that the things of the Spirit is foolishness, and he cannot discern the things of the Spirit? (1 Cor 2:14).

Paul is praying for people just like you, who are thinking that they have to do something in order to get saved (delivered) eternally.

John 17:9, I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me, for they are mine. 1 John 5:19, And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
Total and utter gibberish. The gospel saves the lost. The gospel saves the unregenerate. You’re stuck in the two step salvation. Eternal and temporal. There’s not two salvations, but one eternal salvation.

Dec 28, 2016
Total and utter gibberish. The gospel saves the lost. The gospel saves the unregenerate. You’re stuck in the two step salvation. Eternal and temporal. There’s not two salvations, but one eternal salvation.
Scripture readily dismantles his false gospel belief and his misuse of 1 Corinthians 2:14 that belief in anything spiritual makes one born from above, no matter what that belief is.

It is, as you say, utter foolishness.

We’ve already exposed his error in a thread here in the past. I recall he began retaliating with, let’s call them “mistruths” and “false accusations.”

May 22, 2020
Romans 4:25 "He was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification." For whose offenses he died, for their justification he rose; -- and therefore, if he died for all, all must also be justified, or the Lord failed in his aim and design, both in the death and resurrection of his Son; but He did not justify every person, thus He did not die for every person.

Apr 21, 2020
Romans 4:25 "He was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification." For whose offenses he died, for their justification he rose; -- and therefore, if he died for all, all must also be justified, or the Lord failed in his aim and design, both in the death and resurrection of his Son; but He did not justify every person, thus He did not die for every person.
You should also have highlighted the last sentence...

"...but He did not justify every person, thus He did not die for every person."

May 22, 2020
The following possibilities must be evaluated:

Is the condition of faith for each person in their power to perform?

which is false as faith cometh by hearing and not everyone has heard the gospel

else does the Lord grant everyone the grace to believe,

which is false for not all believe, not all are saved

Thus, since “every person is Not capable of faith” and “the Lord does NOT grant everyone the grace to believe

then the obtaining salvation and redemption for everyone by the blood of Jesus Christ, amounts to this:
-- God intends that he shall die for all, to procure for them remission of sins, reconciliation with him, eternal redemption and glory; but yet so that they shall never have the least good by these glorious things, unless they perform that which he knows they are incapable of doing, and which none but himself can enable them to perform, and which concerning far the greatest part of them he is resolved not to do. Is this support the idea that Christ should die for them for their good? or rather, that he should die for them to expose them to shame and misery? Is it not as if a man should promise a blind man a thousand pounds upon condition that he will see.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Scripture readily dismantles his false gospel belief and his misuse of 1 Corinthians 2:14 that belief in anything spiritual makes one born from above, no matter what that belief is.

It is, as you say, utter foolishness.

We’ve already exposed his error in a thread here in the past. I recall he began retaliating with, let’s call them “mistruths” and “false accusations.”
The gospel tells you how you are saved eternally, but it is not the cause of your eternal salvation. Obedience to the gospel requires an action on man's part, which results in eternal salvation by the work of man.

You probably have explained your interpretation of 1 Cor 2:14 to me, but I have forgotten what it was. Would you be so kind as to restating it?

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
All scriptures must harmonize in order to reveal the truth, and I don't believe your interpretations of them do.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Good post.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
This thread is like "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show".

"Take my hand in yours,
Walk with me this day.
In my heart I know,

I will never stray..."

May 22, 2020
God died for a specified group of people … If all mankind be distinguished into two sorts and conditions, severally and distinctly described and set forth in the Scripture, and Christ be peculiarly affirmed to die for only one of these sorts, and nowhere does scripture say He died for them of the other distinction, then did he not die for all; for of the one sort he dies for all and every one, and of the other for no one at all. But, -- First, there is such a discriminating distinguishment among men, by the eternal purpose of God, as those whom he "loves" and those whom he "hates," Romans 9:13; whom he "knoweth," and whom he "knoweth not:" John 10:14, "I know my sheep;" 2 Timothy 2:19, "The Lord knoweth them that are his;" Romans 8:29, "Whom he did foreknow;" Romans 11:2, "His people which he foreknew;" "I know you not," Matthew 25:12: so John 13:18, "I speak not of you all; I know whom I have chosen." Those that are appointed to life and glory, and those that are appointed to and fitted for destruction, -- "elect" and "reprobate;" those that were "ordained to eternal life," and those who "before were of old ordained to condemnation:" as Ephesians 1:4, "He hath chosen us in him;" Acts 13:48, "Ordained to eternal life;" Roman 8:30, "Whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified." So, on the other side, 1 Thessalonians 5:9, "God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation;" Romans 9:18-21, "He hath mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel to honour, and another to dishonor?" Jude 4, "Ordained to this condemnation;" 2 Peter 2:12, "Made to be taken and destroyed;" "Sheep and goats," Matthew 25:32; John 10:1-18. Those on whom he hath "mercy," and those whom he "hardeneth," Romans 9:18. Those that are his "peculiar people" and "the children of promise," that are "not of the world," his "church;" and those that, in opposition to them, are "the world," "not prayed for," "not his people:" as Titus 2:14; Galatians 4:28; John 15:19, 17:9; Colossians 1:24; John 11:52; Hebrews10:10, 12, 13. Which distinction of men is everywhere ascribed to the purpose, will, and good pleasure of God: Proverbs 16:4, "The Lord hath made all things for himself, even the wicked for the day of evil." Matthew 11:25, 26, "I thank thee, O Father, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. Even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight." Romans 9:11, 12, "The children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth; it was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger." Romans 9:16-17, "So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that showeth mercy. For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might show my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth." Romans 9:28-30, "Who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the first-born among many brethren. Moreover, whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified them he also glorified." So that the first part of the proposition is clear from the Scripture. Now, Christ is said expressly and punctually to die for them on the one side: for his "people," Matthew 1:21; his "sheep," John 10:11, 14; his "church," Acts 20:28, Ephesians 5:25, as distinguished from the world, Romans 5:8, 9, John 11:51, 52; his "elect," Romans 8:32-34; his "children," Hebrews 2:12, 13; -- as before more at large. Whence we may surely conclude that Christ died not for all and every one, -- to wit, not for those he "never knew," whom he "hateth," whom he "hardeneth," on whom he "will not show mercy," who "were before of old ordained to condemnation;" in a word, for a reprobate, for the world, for which he would not pray. John Owen

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Hey! Well seeing that Christ can not die again and I find the "behold the lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world". Hello GOOD NEWS! The holy spirit "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment, of sin, because they do not believe in Me;"

Just flip all this. Look what effected us by the fall of just 2. So by one it effects all. Yet one must believe have faith in Christ.

Oct 25, 2018
All scriptures must harmonize in order to reveal the truth, and I don't believe your interpretations of them do.
Scripture is what makes one wise in regards to salvation[2 Tim. 3:15]. God was well pleased that through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe[1 Cor. 1:21]. It is only after someone has heard the gospel is one sealed with the Holy Spirit[Eph. 1:13].

Feb 28, 2016
'For if, when we were 'enemies', we were 'reconciled to God by the death of His Son',
much MORE, being 'reconciled', we SHALL be SAVED by His Son'= His Life'...

Yes, Christ surely died for the 'sins of the world'!!! but, He then becomes our Intercessor,
Whom we can relate to and come to when we 'sin', because we have An Advocate -
1JOHN 2:1.
My little children, these things write I unto you, that you 'sin not'. And if any man sin,
we have An Avocate with The Father, Jesus Christ The Righteous:
And He is The Propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. =
And hereby we do know that we know Him, IF we KEEP His Commandments.