Jesus is Jehovah? So Jehovah is Son in trinity?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 12, 2019
Most trinitarians believe that Jesus is Jehovah.
Does it mean that, Johovah is Son in trinity (and not the Father)?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
According to our Father's prophet, Isaiah, Jesus Christ has the titles of Everlasting Father, Almighty God, Comforter, Counselor, Ruler of Peace. This information is free in Isaiah 9;6.

As for being a trinitatian, I have not a clue, but the Word is true. How do I know? Just like all who believe, faith.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Zech 12:8-10 Clearly identifies LORD/Jehovah with Jesus Christ

8) The LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; & he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; & the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them

9) it shall come to pass in that day, "I" will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem

10) "I" will pour upon the house of David, & upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace & of supplications & they shall look upon "me" whom they have pierced, & they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, & shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his first born

In verse 8 the LORD/OT Jehovah is speaking. In verses 9 & 10 the pronoun, "I", refers to the same LORD/OT Jehovah: "I" will seek to destroy & "I" will pout out upon the house of David

"""Here's the real key"""
Vs 10, they shall look upon "me" = LORD/OT Jehovah whom they pierced

Clearly, Jehovah is stating that it is "HE" is the only begotten & the first born son of the Father, even Jesus Christ, that shall be pierced & mourned for

Mar 12, 2019
Zech 12:8-10 Clearly identifies LORD/Jehovah with Jesus Christ

8) The LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; & he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; & the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them

9) it shall come to pass in that day, "I" will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem

10) "I" will pour upon the house of David, & upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace & of supplications & they shall look upon "me" whom they have pierced, & they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, & shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his first born

In verse 8 the LORD/OT Jehovah is speaking. In verses 9 & 10 the pronoun, "I", refers to the same LORD/OT Jehovah: "I" will seek to destroy & "I" will pout out upon the house of David

"""Here's the real key"""
Vs 10, they shall look upon "me" = LORD/OT Jehovah whom they pierced

Clearly, Jehovah is stating that it is "HE" is the only begotten & the first born son of the Father, even Jesus Christ, that shall be pierced & mourned for
Does it mean, Jehovah is the Son in trinity?
I think, Jehovah witnesses believe that Jehovah is the Father.
Which is true? Is Jehovah the Son or Father according to trinity?

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
My last posted sentence answered your question: He is the Son

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The LORD
The Angel of the LORD
The Spirit of the LORD

should you assume it's binary?

there is one God, and His name, One

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Most trinitarians believe that Jesus is Jehovah. Does it mean that, Johovah is Son in trinity (and not the Father)?
1. While "Jehovah" is perfectly OK, "Yahweh" is the commonly used translation for the Tetragrammaton YHWH (or YHVH) at present.

2. Since God is one God eternally existent in three Persons, YHWH (LORD in small capitals in the KJV) is applicable to both the Father and the Son. Context will determine the application. It is not generally applied to the Holy Spirit (who is also God).

3. Here is what Christians need to accept (though they may not fully understand):
THE FATHER IS NOT THE SON NOR THE SPIRIT
THE SON IS NOT THE FATHER NOR THE SPIRIT
THE SPIRIT IS NOT THE FATHER NOR THE SON

Those who reject these truths are generally heterodox or cultish.

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
According to our Father's prophet, Isaiah, Jesus Christ has the titles of Everlasting Father, Almighty God, Comforter, Counselor, Ruler of Peace. This information is free in Isaiah 9;6.

As for being a trinitatian, I have not a clue, but the Word is true. How do I know? Just like all who believe, faith.
Isaiah 9:6 is "NOT" teaching that Jesus Christ is God the Father. The Bible clearly identifies God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit as "distinct" persons. In fact they are not even separate persons as some teach including Trinitarians. There is a difference between the definitions of "distinct" and "separate." And yes, I know the words are "synonymous" but are not identical in meaning. it is the oneness pentecostals that teach Jesus is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, He is all of them manifested in various "modes" or roles. That's why they are considered "Modalist." :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

PS

Jan 11, 2013
There is One God in the whole universe and when Jesus was born over 2000 years ago we read : - "God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." (1Ti 3:16)

Romans 9:5 tells us : - "Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen."

Christians today are looking for the return of : - "the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ" (Tit 2:13)

Jesus Christ is "Yahweh" Creator God : - "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist." (Col 1:16-17)

PS

Jan 11, 2013
1. While "Jehovah" is perfectly OK, "Yahweh" is the commonly used translation for the Tetragrammaton YHWH (or YHVH) at present.

2. Since God is one God eternally existent in three Persons, YHWH (LORD in small capitals in the KJV) is applicable to both the Father and the Son. Context will determine the application. It is not generally applied to the Holy Spirit (who is also God).

3. Here is what Christians need to accept (though they may not fully understand):
THE FATHER IS NOT THE SON NOR THE SPIRIT
THE SON IS NOT THE FATHER NOR THE SPIRIT
THE SPIRIT IS NOT THE FATHER NOR THE SON

Those who reject these truths are generally heterodox or cultish.
THE FATHER IS NOT THE SON NOR THE SPIRIT is God
THE SON
IS NOT THE FATHER NOR THE SPIRIT is God
THE SPIRIT
IS NOT THE FATHER NOR THE SON is God

My foot is not my leg, my leg is not my arm, my arm is not my foot or my leg, but together they are One person.

ToastAndTea

Jul 31, 2018
There is one God and three persons, unity in diversity.
In Jesus Christ is the fullness of the Godhead (Colossians 2:9)

cc4

May 21, 2019
Yahoosha (jesus) is the image of Yahooah (god) and a perfect reflection.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hi User46952, the doctrine of the Trinity tells us that there is one God who exists eternally as three Persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. The Trinity teaches what it does because that's what the Bible teaches us about the Godhead and its three Members (we are, for instance, commanded to baptize in the [singular] "name" of God, and His name is, "the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit").

Matthew 28
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

The church's doctrine of the Trinity seeks to circumscribe and safeguard the Biblical "mystery" of the Godhead, not explain it, because that is simply beyond any of us.

~Deut
p.s. - these historic creeds of the church may prove to be helpful to you as well.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Here is both a humorous and an informative look at the Trinity, a look which is especially concerned with what it is not!

~Deut

Matthew 3
16 After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and He saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him,
17 and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased.”

Mar 28, 2016
I would offer.

God does not have a name to distinguish that not seen from that not seen, as we do . he has no visual competition .All of the names of God uses are attributes of his unseen authority. Jehovah simply means the all powerful savior. Just like the word Jesus.

Three which does denote the end of a matter is a number that is used it can be used in that way .

Personally I see it more as a dynamic duel. I and the father are one. The two attributes of God who is not a man as us are father and Son working together in perfect harmony and submissiveness to perform the peace of God that surpasses our understanding. I do not consider the Spirit to be an attribute but it does tie the two as if it was one.

When two or three gather together ( a denomination a family)under his authority he is there working in both, or three .A strand of three is not easily broken. Four would bring another meaning.

The government of God that always produces harmony requires two .

Loving Authority + Willing submisiveness = Peace and Blessing.

Mar 12, 2019
THE FATHER IS NOT THE SON NOR THE SPIRIT is God
THE SON
IS NOT THE FATHER NOR THE SPIRIT is God
THE SPIRIT
IS NOT THE FATHER NOR THE SON is God

My foot is not my leg, my leg is not my arm, my arm is not my foot or my leg, but together they are One person.
The question is, who is Jehovah in your knowledge.
Please choose one option below and explain.
Jehovah is the name of:
1. Father 2. Son 3. Holy spirit 4. Godhead (F + S + HS) 5. Other

FlyingDove (senior member) said Jehovah is the Son.
Nehemiah6 (senior member) said Jehovah is applicable to both Father and Son.
I think cc4 (member) is saying Jehovah is the name of Godhead (F+S+HS).

What is your answer? No need to explain the trinity (assuming that we are already familiar with it).

Mar 12, 2019
Hi User46952, the doctrine of the Trinity tells us that there is one God who exists eternally as three Persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. The Trinity teaches what it does because that's what the Bible teaches us about the Godhead and its three Members (we are, for instance, commanded to baptize in the [singular] "name" of God, and His name is, "the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit").

Matthew 28
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

The church's doctrine of the Trinity seeks to circumscribe and safeguard the Biblical "mystery" of the Godhead, not explain it, because that is simply beyond any of us.

~Deut
p.s. - these historic creeds of the church may prove to be helpful to you as well.

Thank you Deuteronomy. If I understand you correctly, you say that "the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit" is the name of God.
But I would like to know, "Jehovah" is the name of Who? Pls choose one below.
1. Father 2. Son 3. Holy Spirit 4. Godhead (F + S + HS) 5. Other

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017

Share this with your Jehovah WITLESS friends:

Scripture proclaims: The Father, Son & Holy Spirit are all God.

Jesus is God: Isa 7:14 & 9:6, Micah 5:2, Matt 1:23, Jn 1:1 & 20:28, 1 Tim 3:16 Titus 2:13 Rom 9:5 Rev 1:8.

Holy Spirit (alway's capitalized showing deity) is God: Ps 139:7-8, Acts 5:3-4 & 13:2, Eph 4:30, 1 Cor 2:10-11, 12:4-7, 2 Cor 3:16 & 13:14

God the Son/OT Jehovah/NT Jesus the Christ, pre-existed prior the his incarnation & is our Gen 1, Creator/God:

John 1:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(NOTE: Before the flash point of creation. The Word/Jesus (Rev 13:19) was with God (The Father) and was/is also God)

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
(NOTE: God-Pre-incarnate Christ MADE/CREATED ALL THINGS! OT Jehovah/NT Jesus the Christ is the Genesis 1 creator. Also see Col 1:16 & Heb 1:2))

Jn:
3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(NOTE: God the Father sent/gave his Son)

JN 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
(NOTE: God the Son/Jesus say's; I was sent from heaven by the God the Father. Before the flash point of creation, God Father sends the Son. Its here God the Son begins the work of reconciliton/salvation.)

JN 6:62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
(NOTE: The Son of man (Christ in the flesh) ascends (Acts 1:9-12). Going back to where he pre-existed)

Jn 8:23 Jesus said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
(NOTE: The SON of God/Jesus say's, he's from above & not from this world)

JN 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
(NOTE: The Son of God proclaims he preexisted)

Jn 16:28 Jesus said, I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father
(NOTE: The SON of God/Jesus say's, He came forth from the Father (did he leave himself?) He will return to the Father. Although, The Son is ONE WITH, he's NOT the Father)

Jn 17:5 O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
(NOTE: Before the world began, the Son, enjoyed glory "WITH" the Father. "NOT AS" the Father)

KJV Dictionary Definition: BOSOM
Bosom, in composition, implies intimacy, affection and confidence; as a bosom-friend, an intimate or confidential friend; bosom-lover, bosom-interest, bosom-secret, etc

Jn 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the """bosom of the Father""".
(NOTE: I submitt to you, neither the Father or Son, are having an intimate relationship with one's self. PUN INTENDED)

The bond of: Fleshly oneness

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
QUESTION: Do they actually become the person?)

Mk 10:7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;

8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.
QUESTION: Do they literally become one flesh?)

1 Cor 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
QUESTION: Do they actually become one flesh?)

Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
QUESTION: Do they literally become one flesh?)

The bond of Spiritual oneness:

Jn 10:30 I and my Father are one.
(NOTE: SPIRITUALLY ONE)

Jn 10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
(NOTE: Spiritual oneness)

Jn 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Jn 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Jn 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
(NOTE: Here, those that have been indwelt with the Holy Spirit are included in SPIRITUAL ONENESS)

Jn 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
(NOTE: Again, those that have been indwelt with the Holy Spirit are included in SPIRITUAL ONENESS)

Rom 12:5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
(NOTE: Does one body = one person? NO! The millions/billions = 1 SPIRITUAL BODY)

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
(NOTE: Christ is the head of the church: He is the saviour of a numerous ""SPIRITUAL BODY OF ONE"")

Col 1:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
(NOTE: Jesus the Son created our universe)
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

God the Son = Jehovah/Jesus is PREEMINENT (Col 1:18) in ALL things within our realm:

Creation: Jn 1:3 & 10, Col 1:16, 1 Cor 8:6

Redemption: Gal 3:13, Rev 5:9, Col 1:14, Rom3:24

Resurrection: Jn 11:25, Acts 4:33, 1Pet 1:3 & 3:21

Mediation: 1 Tim 2:5, Heb 8:6, 9:15, 12:24

Jugdment: Jn 5:22, Rom 2:16, 2 Tim 4:1

God the Son OT Jehovah/NT Jesus the Christ is the agent sent by & by whom thru Jehovah/God the Father works in our universe. MOO!

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The question is, who is Jehovah in your knowledge.
As I said already, context will determine the application of YHWH (LORD) = Jehovah

[YHWH] (The LORD) [the Father] said unto my Lord [the Son], Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. (Psalm 110:1)

...And the angel of the LORD* [the Son] appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.... And when the LORD [the Son] saw that he turned aside to see, God [the Son] called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I... (Exod 3:2,4)

You will not find the term "the LORD" [YHWH] applied to the Holy Spirit.

*When you see "the angel of the LORD", YHWH is the Father and the Angel is the Son. So now the Son becomes the divine Messenger of the Father. Since no man has seen God the Father at any time, it was always the Son who appeared as either the Angel of the LORD, or even as the LORD in the OT.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
Thank you Deuteronomy. If I understand you correctly, you say that "the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit" is the name of God.
But I would like to know, "Jehovah" is the name of Who? Pls choose one below.
1. Father 2. Son 3. Holy Spirit 4. Godhead (F + S + HS) 5. Other
The Father is Jehovah, also called Yahweh, but the best and most often used Hebrew name is YHVH, since there is no J or W in Hebrew