Jesus spent time with sinners

  • Thread starter Thread starter morefaithrequired
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I know that Jesus was able to hang out with sinners without being affected by them. I know I can with a certain level but I don’t know if I could with all and everyone... I’m not sure my own human indignation wouldn’t creep up...

God will have to help me deal with that.
cute answer if you dont mind me saying 😀
 
with tax collectors and prostitutes.
But can we substitute modern day sinners?
Even over the top sinners like pedophiles, human traffickers and serial killers?
I guess if they were repentant but still.......
a repentant Stalin?
So Jesus spent time with lepers. Isnt that a symbol of society's rejects? Jesus would be happier to spend time with those in jail than the rest of us? As long as they have discovered true humility I imagine.
I just wonder if those that society scorns the most now are looked on more favourably by God.

Jesus was focused on saving people who where headed to the eternal lake of fire.. We should also desire to see people saved from this eternal torment.. Yeah some of the sinners in this world have done exceptionally evil things and have been the cause of great physical and emotional pain and devastation.. But even a man like Adolph Hitler will personally experience far more suffering in the lake of fire then all the suffering his decisions caused millions of people on earth.. More then a million times more.. So a Christian,, if they had been given the opportunity to share the Gospel with Hitler in the last days of WW2 as he was sitting in his deep bunker under Berlin as the Russians closed in, A Christian should have had a go at sharing the Gospel with Hitler in the hope of saving Hitler from the lake of fire..

God looks favorably on the repentant sinner who has contrition for their transgressions and who trust in His will..

Psalms 34: KJV
18 "The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit."

Isaiah 57: KJV
15 "For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones."
 
with tax collectors and prostitutes.
But can we substitute modern day sinners?
Even over the top sinners like pedophiles, human traffickers and serial killers?
I guess if they were repentant but still.......
a repentant Stalin?
So Jesus spent time with lepers. Isnt that a symbol of society's rejects? Jesus would be happier to spend time with those in jail than the rest of us? As long as they have discovered true humility I imagine.
I just wonder if those that society scorns the most now are looked on more favourably by God.
He who is forgiven much, loves much. In our weakness God's strength come through. All repentant are our brothers regardless of how heinous the crime. Paul was a persecutor and a murderer, even what we would call a terrorist.
Our sins have eternal consequences, and so does God's mercy to him that asks for it. Even the pariah.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JamOn
I made a bunch of people squirm at church one Sunday, when I said we have to forgive a mass shooter, it was the Sunday after a mass shooting.
 
  • Like
Reactions: morefaithrequired
very interesting and challenging to read. i would like to start another thread on it if it isnt too comtroversial. Or maybe you would like to? use the link you provided here. i think it is a topic we all need to confront.

Np they say they are Christians too so, post a topic
 
with tax collectors and prostitutes.
But can we substitute modern day sinners?
Even over the top sinners like pedophiles, human traffickers and serial killers?
I guess if they were repentant but still.......
a repentant Stalin?
So Jesus spent time with lepers. Isnt that a symbol of society's rejects? Jesus would be happier to spend time with those in jail than the rest of us? As long as they have discovered true humility I imagine.
I just wonder if those that society scorns the most now are looked on more favourably by God.

That's a good question. God loves all of us equally. It's our sins that he hates and if he is punishing us for something we did wrong it may give the impression that we are less favored by God.
But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.
1 Samuel 16:7 KJV
He would know how to deal with each of us.
 
He who is forgiven much, loves much. In our weakness God's strength come through. All repentant are our brothers regardless of how heinous the crime. Paul was a persecutor and a murderer, even what we would call a terrorist.
Our sins have eternal consequences, and so does God's mercy to him that asks for it. Even the pariah.

that is true though some don’t know what to ask for or even think what they do is wrong, surely people have heard that saying I was born this way.
 
yes of course. but why was special mention in the Bible made of prostitutes and tax collectors?

You'll find culturally they were the most despised. And for them to see the Son of Man eat with them, without judgement, would have been a marvel for the on-lookers. Much the same today if we were to expound mercy onto people who have done heinous crimes against others.
It's hard for some to fathom, offering a paedophile forgiveness, mercy and second chance to come to their senses. Paedophiles are probably the most hated in society, and rightfully so, it's a disgraceful crime. But even they, are not excluded from the Gospel and opportunity to repent and become one of God's children.

How do we know if some of their hearts are not ready to turn but are not given the chance, if even God's people are casting them aside.
 
  • Like
Reactions: morefaithrequired
How many pedophiles repent very very few very few, has anyone met a X pedophile turn Christian, sound nice but in reality very few do if any
 
Who could forgive someone for raping their daughter? Thankfully I have never been put to that test.
 
Who could forgive someone for raping their daughter? Thankfully I have never been put to that test.
I don’t know I have never had something as horrendous. But if we are to do all for His glory how would my not forgiving bring glory upon Him? Something like this makes me appreciate His work on the cross. Father forgive them as they drove the nails through His wrists. How amazing He is I am going to be able to ponder for eternity and never exhaust the subject. P.s. hope you never have to face anything even remotely like you mentioned. God bless
 
  • Like
Reactions: morefaithrequired
I don’t know I have never had something as horrendous. But if we are to do all for His glory how would my not forgiving bring glory upon Him? Something like this makes me appreciate His work on the cross. Father forgive them as they drove the nails through His wrists. How amazing He is I am going to be able to ponder for eternity and never exhaust the subject. P.s. hope you never have to face anything even remotely like you mentioned. God bless

Good question wonder if the Father had forgiven them, would they of had to repent for what they have done or would it be automatically forgiven for it was asked.