Jesus told us to Honor Passover

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 5, 2020
Yes, I think they are talking about the last supper. The Jews will celebrate with a lamb and other stuff, as gentile believers we simply celebrate with bread and wine and do it often in remembrance of our Lord, Savior and King - Yeshua/Jesus Christ.
Did he issue that as a repeated ceremonial directive though? That's the question I had. Jesus said to do this in remembrance of me. But it was their last supper together. Why then would that very last time they'd be with their teacher be repeated for centuries after? When what Jesus said was for the last time. And as they were to eat and drink, eat the bread that was to be his body, representing when he was going to die on the cross, and drank the wine, that was for them to see the same way they did the bread, as his blood, as part of him, that was soon to be killed.
Eat and remember me now.
We can't repeat a last supper for centuries and it be a last supper. And communion was what they were doing there too. Not for always.
If Jesus is inside the believer and guiding their life, how do you forget him?

Mar 5, 2020
Oh goodness..... all these silly "denominational doctrinal terminologies"......lol! :giggle:

Are the words "second advent" even in the Bible? :unsure:

Please tell me what you mean by "second advent" and then I will tell you if I believe it to be true or not. :love:(y)
It isn't a "denominational doctrinal terminology", it is the second coming of Christ. You can look this up as easily as I did you know.
https://www.biblestandard.com/jesus-second-advent.html

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The Jews will celebrate with a lamb and other stuff...
You forgot to mention "unbelieving Jews" will do this. It is those who remain within Judaism who celebrate Passover because they have REJECTED the true Passover Lamb, which is Christ.
...as gentile believers we simply celebrate with bread and wine and do it often in remembrance of our Lord, Savior and King - Yeshua/Jesus Christ.
And there is A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE between the Lord's Supper and the Jewish Passover.

The Lord's Supper commemorates the one great sacrifice for sins for ever, with the body and blood of Christ represented in the bread and the cup. This is a REMEMBRANCE FEAST of what has already been accomplished. The Passover was a feast anticipating the sacrifice of Christ on the 14th day of Nisan AD 30.

And it is not just Gentile believers but ALL believers -- Jews and Gentiles, who celebrate this feast.

NO LITERAL LEAVEN TO BE PURGED SINCE CHRIST IS OUR PASSOVER
Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
(1 Cor 5:7,8)

1 CORINTHIANS:11 -- IT IS THE RISEN LORD WHO HAS INSTITUTED THE LORD'S SUPPER
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. 33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. 34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
You forgot to mention "unbelieving Jews" will do this. It is those who remain within Judaism who celebrate Passover because they have REJECTED the true Passover Lamb, which is Christ.

And there is A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE between the Lord's Supper and the Jewish Passover.

The Lord's Supper commemorates the one great sacrifice for sins for ever, with the body and blood of Christ represented in the bread and the cup. This is a REMEMBRANCE FEAST of what has already been accomplished. The Passover was a feast anticipating the sacrifice of Christ on the 14th day of Nisan AD 30.

And it is not just Gentile believers but ALL believers -- Jews and Gentiles, who celebrate this feast.

NO LITERAL LEAVEN TO BE PURGED SINCE CHRIST IS OUR PASSOVER
Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
(1 Cor 5:7,8)

1 CORINTHIANS:11 -- IT IS THE RISEN LORD WHO HAS INSTITUTED THE LORD'S SUPPER
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. 33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. 34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

Oh Nehemiah6, please get out of the boat! lol! :giggle:

With the Holy Spirit opening and giving us understanding of God's Word, we just don't get so critical of any unbelievers - we love them and the Holy Spirit in us testifies of who Yeshua/Jesus Christ is...:love:(y)

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I know the Passover story. Lambs blood over the door during the Jews captivity in Egypt stopped God from killing the first born in the Jews houses. While the children of others without that blood applied to their door died.

How would Jesus be that Passover lamb today as some say here? He died to make sure he didn't kill first born's again?
Maybe what you all are talking about is the last supper. But Jesus didn't say to carry on that supper for all time. He told his disciples to eat what was then and there so as to remember him. He didn't say this was to be done after that as if a tradition.
You're new here. Welcome. :)
I think as you venture around this particular forum you'll notice that there is a collective that are staunchly opposed to any reference to anything Hebrew, Jewish, as pertains to their particular faith.
"That's for the Jews only!" "Gentiles were never ...."
The error there is that Jesus was Jewish. Jesus was the Messiah prophesied in the Jewish bible. And Gentile is simply a Hebrew word for nations.

Therefore, If we're to be talking about Jesus and exclusivity, then when Jesus was all about Judaism, no Gentile could possibly be part of the new covenant. Because the old covenant is the foundation of the new.
It is always concerning to find a Christian that also claims the ten commandments no longer apply. Scary thought if you know those ten. The Book of Hebrews chapter 8 puts things aright there however.

See how that works if we think Gentiles are it now, not anything Jewish?
Interesting take on the last supper. I've never thought of it that way. You know what is interesting? In that passage in the book of Luke , the last supper, Jesus offers the bread and says to his Disciples, do this in remembrance of me. And people here defend that as the Communion of today. Some of those same people will argue repeatedly that the commandment of God wherein He tells them, remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy, doesn't apply today.
They honor the remembrance Jesus instructed as Communion, but they insist God instructing them to remember the Sabbath is null and void.
Doesn't quite add up does it?

Again, welcome. I'm glad you offered that about the last supper. It makes one think.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Jesus, Yeshua, was an Israelite of the Tribe of Judah. There were no denomintions within the Tanakh. Judaism is simply an umbrella name for the sects which began forming at the time of our Lord's advent, much as Christian or Christianity is the umbrella term for the sects contained dtherein.

Saying Jesus was a Jew is only in reference to His Tribe. He teaches the faith of Abraham.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Jesus, Yeshua, was an Israelite of the Tribe of Judah. There were no denomintions within the Tanakh. Judaism is simply an umbrella name for the sects which began forming at the time of our Lord's advent, much as Christian or Christianity is the umbrella term for the sects contained dtherein.

Saying Jesus was a Jew is only in reference to His Tribe. He teaches the faith of Abraham.
Abraham gleaned his faith from God. Jesus didn't teach the faith of Abraham. Abraham was given faith by God, who is Jesus.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Abraham believed God, and this was reckoned to him as righteousness…..

Jesus teaches we all become sons of Abraham when we believe as did he.

Perhaps it would help understanding best by translating Abraham to English Father of the Peoples (Nations.)nn

Abraham the man is but the representation of the True Father….a lesson to be learned in our Walk given
us by Jesus, Yeshua.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Yeshua-Jesus, the Good Shepherd, declared He had two flocks, and He was going to bring them to be one. It is commonly understood the original flock is Israel while that other to b e joined to them is comprised of the Gentiles.

Gal_3:7 (ASV) Know therefore that they that are of faith, the same are sons of Abraham.
Gal_3:9 (ASV) So then they that are of faith are blessed with the faithful Abraham.
Act_3:25 (ASV) Ye are the sons of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with your fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.
Joh_8:39 (ASV) They answered and said unto him, Our father is Abraham. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
Mat_3:9 (ASV) and think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up childrLuk_3:8 (ASV) Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.en unto Abraham.

Feb 28, 2016
Preach it Brother Jack -
MIC. 4:2.
And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of The LORD,
and to The House of the God of Jacob; and He will teach us of His ways,
and we will walk in His paths: for The Law shall go forth of Zion,
and The Word of The LORD from Jerusalem.
ISA. 66:23.
And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another,
shall all flesh come to worship before Me, saith The LORD.

Mar 5, 2020
You're new here. Welcome. :)
I think as you venture around this particular forum you'll notice that there is a collective that are staunchly opposed to any reference to anything Hebrew, Jewish, as pertains to their particular faith.
"That's for the Jews only!" "Gentiles were never ...."
The error there is that Jesus was Jewish. Jesus was the Messiah prophesied in the Jewish bible. And Gentile is simply a Hebrew word for nations.

Therefore, If we're to be talking about Jesus and exclusivity, then when Jesus was all about Judaism, no Gentile could possibly be part of the new covenant. Because the old covenant is the foundation of the new.
It is always concerning to find a Christian that also claims the ten commandments no longer apply. Scary thought if you know those ten. The Book of Hebrews chapter 8 puts things aright there however.

See how that works if we think Gentiles are it now, not anything Jewish?
Interesting take on the last supper. I've never thought of it that way. You know what is interesting? In that passage in the book of Luke , the last supper, Jesus offers the bread and says to his Disciples, do this in remembrance of me. And people here defend that as the Communion of today. Some of those same people will argue repeatedly that the commandment of God wherein He tells them, remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy, doesn't apply today.
They honor the remembrance Jesus instructed as Communion, but they insist God instructing them to remember the Sabbath is null and void.
Doesn't quite add up does it?

Again, welcome. I'm glad you offered that about the last supper. It makes one think.
Thanks. I'm learning a lot about this place. Quite an experience being here.