Jesus was born on July 27, 7 BCE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 28, 2018
The same geniuses that think the Earth is 5,000 years old.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I am very familiar with the geological time scale and how it has increased since my first studies of it, so when I confess I beliee the universe is just under 7,000 years old, I know what the scalers think. Now what do they suppose I think?

Dec 12, 2013
The same geniuses that think the Earth is 5,000 years old.
Everyone knows it is 6,540,756,123 years, 323 days, 16 hours, and 27 seconds old......................by the way........just for the record.....the number is 6000.....not 5000......but hey....I am sure men in their wisdom, circular reasoning and spouting intelligence due to a piece of paper framed on the wall can tell us to the "enth" degree the exact age of the dirt.........emphasis upon "enth" without a T!

Jitotg

Oct 30, 2018
But the scriptures say the shepherds were tending their flock outdoors at night time - this wouldn't be believable in the dead of winter - plus - even a quick google search proves the origin of Christmas to be nothing more than a pagan festival with Jesus' name plastered on top to encourage Jews / Christian's to join in pagan worship - this is the devils work - do not be fooled!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
When I was quite young I figured out that reindeer could not fly………….but I played up to the Christmas thing anyway, but I did believe Jesus was born and we were commemorating His birth…….no Saturnalia in mind, just the birthday of the One called our Lord.

Today I will not condemn anyone, especially children, for celebrating Christmas with no saturnalia in mind, that is just wicked.

God bless the children. I do not celebrate Christmas now, but I do not believe in Santa either.

Dec 12, 2013
You know.....the birth of Christ, as given in the scriptures is just another hinge pin in God building a case for the redemption of man....the account of the virgin birth and Jesus as the "seed of the woman" goes all the way back to Genesis 3:15 and while it is in scripture and we are to have a knowledge of it, study it, know about it, etc.....At the end of the day Paul said that if he was going to glory, he was going to glory in the cross of Christ.....the BIRTH of Christ did not secure one iota of redemption for man, ALTHOUGH MIRACULOUS, it was the death of Christ on the, his burial and resurrection that made the way for man to be forgiven, redeemed, saved, justified and positionally sanctified in Christ by faith.

Just saying!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Jesus Christ's birth marked the beginning of His suffering and agony...….The glory is His triumph for us all , risen from the dead, Firstborn, amen.

Dec 12, 2013
You know.....the birth of Christ, as given in the scriptures is just another hinge pin in God building a case for the redemption of man....the account of the virgin birth and Jesus as the "seed of the woman" goes all the way back to Genesis 3:15 and while it is in scripture and we are to have a knowledge of it, study it, know about it, etc.....At the end of the day Paul said that if he was going to glory, he was going to glory in the cross of Christ.....the BIRTH of Christ did not secure one iota of redemption for man, ALTHOUGH MIRACULOUS, it was the death of Christ on the CROSS, his burial and resurrection that made the way for man to be forgiven, redeemed, saved, justified and positionally sanctified in Christ by faith.

Just saying!
Coffee not kicked in yet HAHA bolded = corrected

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
But the scriptures say the shepherds were tending their flock outdoors at night time - this wouldn't be believable in the dead of winter - plus - even a quick google search proves the origin of Christmas to be nothing more than a pagan festival with Jesus' name plastered on top to encourage Jews / Christian's to join in pagan worship - this is the devils work - do not be fooled!
Tending the flock was a day and night duty, winter or not otherwise wild animals would have killed many sheep. It is an argument, but i don't find it conclusive. Saying that census could not be done in winter is also not very convincing, you are trying to say it is brutal to count people during winter but the same Governor ordered all children killed - so he was a brutal man by nature.

Saying Christmas has pagan origins so can not celebrate it is like saying Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday have pagan origin so you can not live.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It is not mine to know the weather conditions two thousand years ago in Bethlehem, but when I lived in Israel the winter was not that cold…………..

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Years ago the IRS investigated the church finances of numerous TV pastors. Among those Joyce Meyer. Among many things purchased for the church and her office was a $23,000 commode. Part of a 68 piece set of large items totaling in all over $260,000.

When I first heard of this particular feature in her office I thought to myself, that's a woman that likes to show her wealth even when she pees. :giggle:

The History of the Term “Commode”
At that price her toilet better have been gold plated. No one should donate to a TV pastor's church as the money is usually wasted. No TV pastor is worth listening too either as for the most part, what they say is not scripturally sound. Bunch of shysters fleecing naïve congregations.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Actually we can deduce the year Jesus was born from scripture and historical writings. No, it was not the dead of winter either. That was another of Constantine's tricks. The scene here is within a year of Jesus' birth:

Matt. 2:19-23 "But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's life. And he arose, and took the young child and his mother, and came into the land of Israel. But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judaea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee: And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene."

WRITTEN BY:

The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica

See Article History

Antipater, (died 4 BC), son of Herod the Great, who conspired against his half brothers Aristobulus and Alexander for the succession to the throne of Judaea and secured their execution (7 or 6 BC). The following year he was tried for plotting against Herod and Pheroras, Herod’s brother, and was executed five days before his father’s death. So Herod the Great died in the same year.

Antipater, (died 4BC) And was replaced by Herod. https://www.britannica.com/biography...erod-the-Great

Matt 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
(NOTE: Jesus is born after 4BC)

Jesus was most likely conceived in Dec 4 B.C, during Hanukkah (Feast of Dedication/Feast of Lights). Jesus is the light of the world John 8:12 portrayed a Servant in Isa 53. It's the servant candle the lights all other lights on the Hanukkah Menorah.

Jesus is born in Sept 3 B.C. during the Feast of Trumpets at Tekiah ha-Gadol. Circumcised 8 days later on Yom Kippur. Then dwelled/tabernacled in a manger (sukkah) with his parents during the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot) that yr.

Luke 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age

Jesus ministry begins shortly after he turns 30 AD in 27AD during the Feast of tabernacles, John 7:37-38. Continues through 3 Passovers (John 2:13, 6:4, 11:55-57). And ends 3 1/2 years later with his death on Passover 30AD

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I have it on good Authority that Christ was born on Feb 29th 6.8BC...........carried to the nth power

vk_61

Nov 9, 2018
I have it on good Authority that Christ was born on Feb 29th 6.8BC...........carried to the nth power
Jesus is the only authority. Anything else should be supported with the evidence.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
That sounds quite reasonable, but I must get out my abacus to make certain your information, your input that is, is correct.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Now in all sobriety, in my time here on this earth and in this age I have witnessed much history revised to death. Some items have had insignificant changes over the decades but others have been horrendously perverse, therefore I do not put any stock in the science of man, not his version of history, and never his version of how things just are......nope, mankind is a liar, collectively that is.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Jesus is the only authority. Anything else should be supported with the evidence.
I sure hope you DID NOT go to all the trouble to search the interweb for a Christian Site, jump through all the hoops required to join that Site JUST to post this reply to my comment which was made with TONGUE FIRMLY PLANTED in one cheek......

funny.png

Unless..........unless.......you are a current/former Member simply establishing and using a new SN...........then, that would make a little bit of sense......reason being, I COULD say BACKATCHA! :) But you might not understand that comment either. :)

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Actually we can deduce the year Jesus was born from scripture and historical writings. No, it was not the dead of winter either. That was another of Constantine's tricks. The scene here is within a year of Jesus' birth:

Matt. 2:19-23 "But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's life. And he arose, and took the young child and his mother, and came into the land of Israel. But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judaea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee: And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene."

WRITTEN BY:

The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica

See Article History

Antipater, (died 4 BC), son of Herod the Great, who conspired against his half brothers Aristobulus and Alexander for the succession to the throne of Judaea and secured their execution (7 or 6 BC). The following year he was tried for plotting against Herod and Pheroras, Herod’s brother, and was executed five days before his father’s death. So Herod the Great died in the same year.

Antipater, (died 4BC) And was replaced by Herod. https://www.britannica.com/biography...erod-the-Great

Matt 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
(NOTE: Jesus is born after 4BC)

Jesus was most likely conceived in Dec 4 B.C, during Hanukkah (Feast of Dedication/Feast of Lights). Jesus is the light of the world John 8:12 portrayed a Servant in Isa 53. It's the servant candle the lights all other lights on the Hanukkah Menorah.

Jesus is born in Sept 3 B.C. during the Feast of Trumpets at Tekiah ha-Gadol. Circumcised 8 days later on Yom Kippur. Then dwelled/tabernacled in a manger (sukkah) with his parents during the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot) that yr.

Luke 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age

Jesus ministry begins shortly after he turns 30 AD in 27AD during the Feast of tabernacles, John 7:37-38. Continues through 3 Passovers (John 2:13, 6:4, 11:55-57). And ends 3 1/2 years later with his death on Passover 30AD
The above calculations depend on Herod's death. By the timeline Jesus' birth year is either 4 BCE or 3 BCE. Most likely the first one as Herod had ordered the massacre of the babies in Bethlehem. He could have lived as late as 1 BCE. Here is an excerpt from Wikipedia on Herod the Great's death:

Most scholarship concerning the date of Herod's death follows Emil Schürer's calculations, which revised a traditional death date of 1 BCE to 4 BCE.[62][1][3][63][64] Two of Herod's sons, Archelaus and Philip the Tetrarch, dated their rule from 4 BCE,[65] though Archelaus apparently held royal authority during Herod's lifetime.[66] Philip's reign would last for 37 years, until his death in the 20th year of Tiberius (34 CE), which implies his accession as 4 BCE.[67] Some scholars support the traditional date of 1 BCE for Herod's death.[68][69][70][71] Filmer and Steinmann, for example, propose that Herod died in 1 BCE, and that his heirs backdated their reigns to 4 or 3 BCE to assert an overlapping with Herod's rule, and bolster their own legitimacy.[2][3][4][1] In Josephus' account, Herod's death was preceded by a lunar eclipse and followed by Passover.[72]

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
This is just plain silly. Christians should not concern themselves with empty proclamations by those who should know better but just can't help themselves. Go find a chat where iron and sharpen iron and grow as true disciples.