Judging a book

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Well-known member
Dec 15, 2018
32,572
11,752
113
Please post the book covers of your Holy Bibles here so we can (not) judge them...

Any favourites?

If you see one that's the same as yours can you say ...try to post as many different ones as you can...I like to see them. Any and all translations, childrens, teens, large print, pocket, giant etc.

This is one we use in schools

images-25.jpg
 
This ones 1984 Thomas Nelson, has words of Christ in Red.

Gold lettering has now faded a bit

images-32.jpg
 
Nobody here reads the Bible? Or has a Bible that is actually a book????

Come on peoples. I am so disappointed.

Why even bother with this forum?
 
I had the bottom one!
A friend gifted it to me. It was of no help though. I couldn't get into it, and sad to say I got confused by all the commentary in it. It seemed geared toward Americans as was always referencing stuff that happened in the USA.

I thought being an International Bible, it would might have different translations like the Gideon Bibles did.
 
A friend gifted it to me. It was of no help though. I couldn't get into it, and sad to say I got confused by all the commentary in it. It seemed geared toward Americans as was always referencing stuff that happened in the USA
Its good you walked away from that version then, Bible is not about america.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Godsgirl1983
this one is same as the first one I posted CEV but different cover

images-45.jpg
 
The KJV was the Bible in our family.

Then,many years ago at a used bookstore I found,
1788543214730.jpeg


It is the NLT version. Seemingly ranked 4th by some scholars or others,for its accuracy as pertains to as close as we can get to the original translation.

Imagine if the full breadth of the autographs were available today.
 
Thanks for posting this
Do you read any other Bibles or is this your only one? How many pages does it have? Must be pretty thick as a tri-lingual Bible

Have you got the Amplified Version, I think that one did my head in as combined Thesaurus/Bible.
Its has 966 pages but it's not amplified. I have a short list of books I use on a thread called "what book do you read"
 
This body does not know how to post a pic on CC.
Aw

Just tell me the name of your edition Bible and the year it was published/the publishers name, what colour the cover is and I will see if I can find a pic of it on google images for you.

I'm sure if you ask the kind folks in the IT forum they'll be able to help you out with how to post pics. I just drag and drop a saved jpg pic from my desktop that seems to work for me.