Just another person struggling

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rosyshine

Feb 26, 2017
I don't feel like getting out of bed today. Beyond getting over a cold, I feel very weighed down by my thoughts and feelings. I just want to get away and have little hope that anything will change. Much of life has been melancholy and painful, and I don't know why we exist at all. I don't know why God put all of this into motion knowing bad things would happen.
I've come to the point where I feel so alone inside and so tired and frustrated that I don't really care about anything except making enough money to pay my bills so I can come home and shut the door and distract myself. I hold these feelings inside mostly and don't tell anyone in my life partly because I don't want to weigh them down.
The people who I've let become closest to me have hurt me the most.
The thought of picking myself up by my bootstraps, as usual, is just depressing.
I just want to be rescued.
Or to rescue myself.
But I don't have much hope that will ever happen in this world.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It sounds as if you are in need of a new paradigm to replace the old one of depression. A new beginning would benefit you greatly as right now you have no joy whatsoever in your life. We exist because God has a great purpose for us and it begins right now. What you really need at this moment is the blessed assured hope that comes from God. I am praying you to receive this. I have felt like you have at certain periods of my life and it is certainly debilitating. I will pray for God to rescue you.

Rosyshine

Feb 26, 2017
Thank you both. Thank you, tourist. I think you're right. Blessings to you both. Love, Rosyshine.

InChrist

Jan 4, 2018
Gonna keep you in prayer. Your job is a blessing and something you should be proud of that you can make your own money and support yourself. Maybe you need to hear that, that you're doing alright. And you are obviously a sensitive person because you said you didn't want to open up to people because you didn't want to bring them down. But you chose to open up to people who do care and who will pray for you. You will make it through this, I guarantee it. Open your Bible and see what He has to say to you. Love and blessing in Christ, Julie. :) God bless you!!

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Father God, please bless this matter and Rosyshiny, in Jesus Holy name, Amen!

stand2

Dec 6, 2017
Praying To God for renewed hope and strength to carry you over the storm to a bright sunny day. May he richly bless you as you move ahead to a brand new day. I want to hear Rosyshine say "rise and shine". ...AMEN !

Rosyshine

Feb 26, 2017
Thank you all so much. Your comments really help, and I'm grateful for your prayers. Thank you, Julie -- it's nice to hear I'm doing alright. :) I really appreciate the encouragement from everyone.

InChrist

Jan 4, 2018
You're welcome! It's in praying for you that I came to see that your relationship with Him went a little deeper through this. It deepened mine as well. It's unfortunate that that's how we grow in Him, but it's always worth it, and I know you'll have some joy and peace as a result of this, just like I did. He was doing all the work in this one! He loves you!!

InChrist

Jan 4, 2018
You're welcome! It's in praying for you that I came to see that your relationship with Him went a little deeper through this. It deepened mine as well. It's unfortunate that that's how we grow in Him, but it's always worth it, and I know you'll have some joy and peace as a result of this, just like I did. He was doing all the work in this one! He loves you!!

InChrist

Jan 4, 2018
Incidentally, there's something I wanted to mention yesterday but didn't and so I'll do it now. Have you ever considered 30-60 minutes of exercise a day or most days of the week? I could help you with that. I find it to be so beneficial to me! It will definitely increase your JOY :D and your body gets to the point where you crave it, and it always makes you feel sooooo good! I recommend it! I think you'd get a lot out of it ((I know you would) and the results would be immediate. Not so much physical changes immediately, but mentally and emotionally? WOW! Your body produces morphine-like substances that make you crave exercise and once you get started, you become addicted to the sense of strength it gives you and how good it makes your whole body feel! At least how it is for me now. It's taken me a lot of lows to make it a staple of my life but I'm a much happier person when I'm exercising regularly. You'd love it! ...Just a suggestion...God bless you!! :)

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I don't feel like getting out of bed today. Beyond getting over a cold, I feel very weighed down by my thoughts and feelings. I just want to get away and have little hope that anything will change. Much of life has been melancholy and painful, and I don't know why we exist at all. I don't know why God put all of this into motion knowing bad things would happen.
I've come to the point where I feel so alone inside and so tired and frustrated that I don't really care about anything except making enough money to pay my bills so I can come home and shut the door and distract myself. I hold these feelings inside mostly and don't tell anyone in my life partly because I don't want to weigh them down.
The thought of picking myself up by my bootstraps, as usual, is just depressing.
Or to rescue myself.
Ugh.. Sister. We feel your pain and distress! YOU are greatly loved! Not only by Your Heavenly Father, but by you brothers and sisters in Him.

Try and focus outwardly on helping the least of us.
Whenever I focus on ME and the negative things in my life, I feel similar to how you are feeling. But remember that Truth is forever and feelings are TEMPORARY.
The Truth is Christ as I'm sure you know, and it is hard to feel anything but joy when helping others.
May His peace fill your heart and mind.

InChrist

Jan 4, 2018
Ugh... Sister. We feel your pain and distress! YOU are greatly loved! Not only by Your Heavenly Father but by your brothers and sisters in Him.

Try and focus outwardly on helping the least of us.
Whenever I focus on ME and the negative things in my life, I feel similar to how you are feeling. But remember that Truth is forever and feelings are TEMPORARY.
The Truth is Christ as I'm sure you know, and it is hard to feel anything but joy when helping others.
May His peace fill your heart and mind.
PennEd is right, Rosy. To a degree. Focus on JESUS first. Make yourself available to HIM and let yourself be led by the Holy Spirit. You are now re-created in Him. You are HIS handiwork, saved by HIS grace and made to now do works that HE had planned for you before the beginning of the world. Isn't that AMAZING!? Don't take on a burden that will lead you right back into depression because it makes you feel guilty or like you owe anyone anything. It DOES help to help others but it's usually when it's done out of love and the Holy Spirit leading you that it's of any real worth. Make yourself available to Him and let Him set things up for you. But remember that you are salt and light in this world and are already doing more good than you could ever know this side of eternity. I'm continuing to pray for you. :) God bless you!

Love and hugs,

Me

Last edited:

InChrist

Jan 4, 2018
Furthermore, I would bet my bottom dollar that this is what PennEd meant. I just didn't want you to read it and feel like you had to "do" for God instead of just resting in Him. We ALL know that that's where the works come from anyway. :)

Feeling a little protective of you right now. Sorry, but/and God bless you!

InChrist

Jan 4, 2018
Hi Rosy and anyone who would be interested in this >> I just heard from a respected preacher that taking large doses of fish oil can really help with depression. I know I'm going to give it a try, and that there's nothing to be ashamed about if you do suffer from it. Millions of people do and I happen to be one of them but I do my best with a healthy diet and exercise and now I'm going to give large doses of fish oil a try too. I hope this helps. God bless you! :)

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
Or to rescue myself.

Rosy, are you aware that God knew you, and chose you, before the foundation of the world? Jesus loves you so much that if you were the only person in the world, He would have came and died just so you could be saved. He has a glorious future awaiting you. So much so, that when you get to heaven, you'll look back on these present struggles and wonder why they bothered you so much.

We are just pilgrims here. Just wandering through on our way to our true home. But we are never alone. We don't have to face these trials by ourselves. God promised to never leave us, nor forsake us. He is in the very room you are now. He is closer to you than a brother. He cares enough to keep the very hairs on your head numbered. His attention never wavers - you are constantly on His mind.

So, fear not, and be filled with the peace and love only He can provide. Hold your head up, for you are a child of the KING!

Rosyshine

Feb 26, 2017
You are all a blessing. Thank you for the encouragement and suggestions. They are more than I could have asked for. I'm grateful. <3