Just curious, doing research, lol...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

whatev

I liked being single when I was single. I like being married now that I'm married. I can't say I like being old, but if I didn't get old, I would have missed quite a few things that I've liked and still like.

garet82

Jan 20, 2011
I love being single and its something freedom feeling. I can be focus with my duty at school, church and my social life.
I dont need tobe worry will making someone wating for me or waiting for someone. I can give my time for listening n helping others and sharing experiences.
For me being single or not is a choice as long as you are happy with what you choose you will do it with your heart :)

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I like being single most of the time. Every once in a while the attacks of the lonlies hit, but that's just kind of part of life and being not single isn't an automatic preventer of lonliness. In fact it's amazing how much stuff singleness gets blamed for when, really, being in a relationship doesn't fix a lot of those issues. Though sometimes I could use a cheerleader to tell me, "hey don't sit in front of the computer all day, there's fun stuff and maybe even some decent and interesting people on the other side of the door."

L

LaVieEnRose

Not me! I don’t like it. I tolerate it, I have no choice.

Aug 2, 2009
I think being single for a guy is different than being single for a woman because its easier for guys to take up hobbies that consume big chunks of their time (and money), whereas women aren't really into hobbies..

L

LaVieEnRose

I think being single for a guy is different than being single for a woman because its easier for guys to take up hobbies that consume big chunks of their time (and money), whereas women aren't really into hobbies..
Nah, it is harder for women because we have clocks ticking away. Men can have children up until the day they die.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Women have lots of hobbies.

Aug 2, 2009
Women have lots of hobbies.
But they're usually light hobbies like scrapbooking, knitting or reading. They're not quite as involved or obsessive as restoring a car or woodworking or setting up a home brewery or gun collecting...

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Women have all kinds of hobbies.
Men have all kinds of hobbies.

When I was single, I liked it for the most part. I had bad days of course. But then I would take a nap and wake up good lol.

At one point in life, I was so busy with work and ministry, I had one day off a week. And I did nothing on that day except stay home and watch movies lol.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
But they're usually light hobbies like scrapbooking, knitting or reading. They're not quite as involved or obsessive as restoring a car or woodworking or setting up a home brewery or gun collecting...
I've been reading the business section of the newspaper since I was in jr high. Women are turning over serious cash in sportsmanship. There has never been a time before that women have been so involved in hunting, marksmanship, athletics.... I have never seen as many pink guns as I have the past 15 years. I read an article a few years ago, women make up nearly half of the customers at Basspro and Cabelas. There is 6 to 7 days a month, I can't use my range at the gun club because women are having exclusive competitions. The number of women with recreational pilots licenses or higher are at an all time high, more and more woodworking tools are marketed toward women. Women are generally the go to for refinishing furniture. I was just at a racetrack this past Saturday, half the drivers and ones wrenching were female.

The more women work, the more money they have for these things, and they do like this stuff, always have.

Aug 2, 2009
I've been reading the business section of the newspaper since I was in jr high. Women are turning over serious cash in sportsmanship. There has never been a time before that women have been so involved in hunting, marksmanship, athletics.... I have never seen as many pink guns as I have the past 15 years. I read an article a few years ago, women make up nearly half of the customers at Basspro and Cabelas. There is 6 to 7 days a month, I can't use my range at the gun club because women are having exclusive competitions. The number of women with recreational pilots licenses or higher are at an all time high, more and more woodworking tools are marketed toward women. Women are generally the go to for refinishing furniture. I was just at a racetrack this past Saturday, half the drivers and ones wrenching were female.

The more women work, the more money they have for these things, and they do like this stuff, always have.
Well its about time! (y) Trade in those trowels for triggers ladies! (y)

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
thanks for responding. I like it most of the time but not all the time. I am open to whatever God has for me as I like the idea of staying single and the idea of sharing my life too.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
thanks for responding. I like it most of the time but not all the time. I am open to whatever God has for me as I like the idea of staying single and the idea of sharing my life too.
I liked the idea of sharing my life too so I got married.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Tommy: "Women have lots of hobbies."
Um... I'm trying to be polite here but I can't think of any other way to ask this... zeroturbulence do you ever talk to any ladies? I mean like, in real life, face to face? Because every time you make a broad statement like this about women, it is always WAAAAAY off base relative to just about every woman I know.

So I'm wondering do you get your information from real women or from what you hear from other guys or just from your imagination or what? And if it is from women, why are the women where you live so very different from almost all the women where I live?

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
Tommy: "Women have lots of hobbies."

Um... I'm trying to be polite here but I can't think of any other way to ask this... zeroturbulence do you ever talk to any ladies? I mean like, in real life, face to face? Because every time you make a broad statement like this about women, it is always WAAAAAY off base relative to just about every woman I know.

So I'm wondering do you get your information from real women or from what you hear from other guys or just from your imagination or what? And if it is from women, why are the women where you live so very different from almost all the women where I live?
If you were trying to be polite you'd be polite. Besides, you're from Tennessee and the women from Tennessee spent their formative years on Mars. You know this.

L

LaVieEnRose

Older men can still have children, but they risk the child having a mental disorder. Check this out.

https://www.autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/study-ties-dad’s-age-risk-autism-other-mental-disorders-kids
I have heard of this before, but men are capable of having babies up in age- like Larry King, Tony Randall, Dick Van Dyke, Jeff Goldblum. After a woman goes through menopause, she can not have her own babies (unless she previously had frozen her eggs). Once she stops producing eggs, it is game over. Men can produce sperm until they die.