Keep Calm and Collect all the Things

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MissCris

Whenever my husband and I travel, we buy a souvenir pack of playing cards. Usually the ones with pretty pictures of the area, but we have some other types too- there’s a pack that has the typical steampunk gears in a bronze color, for instance. We don’t actually use the cards, but finding them is always a fun mission we give ourselves whenever we go somewhere new.

I have an accidental collection of vintage and antique lanterns. I found a couple of them in the garage that belonged to in-laws, and I got them out and used them as decor. Now people bring me lanterns whenever they come across them.

I also collect drawer and cabinet knobs and handles- the older and more unique the better. Oh, and there’s the collection of old metal wagon wheels I inherited.

Do you collect anything? If so, what, and how did that start?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
The only thing that I collect is dust.

U

Ugly

I used to have a small candle collection. Long gone.
I used to have a CD collection. I suppose I still do technically. But I haven't seen it in years. Now it's more of an MP3 collection.

I'd like to collect money, but thus far I've not had any success.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
While I have many "similar things" such as books musical instruments, CD's and woodworking tools, I only really collect miniature cars, like the one in my avatar pic.

I'm wondering if Tinuviel will pipe up about her collection of fingers.... ;)

D

Depleted

When I was a kid, Mom thought everyone should collect something, so she started (and ended) collections for each child. Oldest brother got carved wooden knickknacks (often eagles -- possibly why he is a Cowboy fan, instead of an Eagles fan), Older brother got carved ivory, (where did that go so wrong?), and I got Beatrix Potter. And every Christmas she'd give us something to add to our collections.

I ended up having every Beatrix Potter figurine in brass, the complete collection of her books, and about eight framed illustrations of her characters. (Still have them all.) Kind of worked. I still love reading books about animals.

I loved collecting Christmas tree ornaments when we vacationed. And I also used to do stained-glass so made tree ornaments out of that too. Enough Christmas tree ornaments to cover a 14-foot tree. Small house, so we only can do a four footer. lol

Despite what people are thinking, I never collected stuffed animals. I kept my childhood stuffed dog. Then a friend sent me a stuffed dog and teddy bear. She sent them to me as comfort when I was first disabled, so we did a lot of hugging. They got married, so needed children. My hubby wasn't feeling good, (the beginning of his disabilities, although we didn't know that yet), so gave him a teddy bear, who became the uncle to my teddy bear's kids. He wanted to get married, so we bought him a wife. (Rabbit.) They needed kids. :rolleyes: Phillies won the World Series, so a month later hubby saw a bin of World Series souvenir teddy bears and one jumped into our shopping cart. He became a brother. He got lonely, so needed a wife. (Cat.) They were married, so needed kids. Wrote a novel about them, and feared I'd lose it if I didn't back it up, so bought a teddy bear thumb drive. He got lonely, so got a teddy bear pin for his wife. (Fortunately, they don't make stuffies smaller than an inch tall often, so still hoping not to give them kids. lol) My stuffed dog is the grandfather to all those kids.

So, no, not a collection. Family.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I collect joint pain and gray hair.

T

Tinuviel

Not really. I am really into books, and I like an ACTUAL book, not an audio/kindle version, so I guess...:confused:.

I'm a post-card kind of person on vacations because they won't break on the way home and they won't take up space when I get there, but they're still fun memories. Magnets too.

Oh, and...um...
fingers. Are you happy, Dino? ;)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
My only collection is a perfectly boring one, something many people collect - music. But it does at least have the charm of variety. All 9000+ tracks in there are christian, but they are everything from bluegrass gospel to southern gospel to black choir to christian rap, to christian hard rock. (Yes those last two categories really do exist, and there are actually a few pretty good groups in those categories.)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I used to have a small candle collection. Long gone.
I used to have a CD collection. I suppose I still do technically. But I haven't seen it in years. Now it's more of an MP3 collection.

I'd like to collect money, but thus far I've not had any success.
The money that I have managed to collect during my life is in a coin jar.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I collect purple things :D Surprise, surprise haha :eek:

I have too many purple pillows...

Lately I have been collecting elements to use in my graphic creations :)

I spend hours looking through images to find ones that suit my "style."

I have 1,536 items in that folder so far.

That is not counting the templates I have already made.

That folder has 743 items in it. I began doing this two months ago.

I have started saving over images to avoid confusion. That means
instead of having the same image at different stages of production,
saved as a separate item every so often, I will overwrite the image.
This should help me sort through them when I need to :D

U

Ugly

My only collection is a perfectly boring one, something many people collect - music. But it does at least have the charm of variety. All 9000+ tracks in there are christian, but they are everything from bluegrass gospel to southern gospel to black choir to christian rap, to christian hard rock. (Yes those last two categories really do exist, and there are actually a few pretty good groups in those categories.)
9000? I have close to 45,000. :cool:

JonahLynx

Dec 28, 2014
I keep movie tickets and the programs from live theater shows, but I'm not exactly sure why I started doing it lol.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I collect high-quality model cars and planes... but mostly cars. :) I have the ones in these pics... :D

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I collect dust.... I don't do anything and it accumulates all on it's own.... Those crazy dust bunnies....

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
The only thing that I collect is dust.
Now what's funny about this is I posted my post before backing up to read your post and it just goes to show you our minds think alike and we've only been married three years... I guess there is something to that two becoming one thing....lol

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
While recently cleaning in my room I realized I have a large collection of clothes, makeup, DVD's and books. I go through phases of "retail therapy".

That being said, a lot of the above items were discounted or second hand (books, some clothes, some DVD's)

Rachel20

May 7, 2013
Fashion - Clothes and handbags.

I still fit into some of my college/high school clothes and I have always been careful with them.

I knew someone who was close friends with some up and coming designers, and through her I got some one of a kind boutique pieces. I was also the sample size for these designers. I have a collection of clothes that are absolutely unique and off the runway. I also have clothes that are from exhibition art - gowns, palazzos and divided skirts.
I can carry it off easily. Sometimes if i feel bold (even though the clothes are bold already), I wear crop tops and show off the abs in them.

My handbag collection has been gifted to me by my mother. They are all premium, leather, beautiful pieces that I always get compliments on.

I have a handbag in almost every color - though currently as I travel, I now have them in red, blue, brown and black. I refuse to leave them behind.

I just messed one up when I was in San Diego at Sea World :(. I was in the splash zone and I felt so bad that I could spot some damage to it. Its a very handy cross body purse that I carry everywhere with me.

I used to love shoes but they have given me a lot of grief with the travel I do. Its not worth it carrying stilettos that you are never going to wear. I had to leave my shoes behind in many different places. They are actually scattered across the globe.