Kill the Sugar Before It Kills You

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AuntieAnt

Kill the Sugar Before It Kills You: 'Sugar Is the Source of All Chronic Disease'

Research shows people who consume lots of sugar are more than twice as likely to die from heart disease. Doctors say sugar feeds cancer and Alzheimer's. Then there's sugar's link to diabetes-and the list goes on. That's why giving up sugar in this New Year, along with chemical-based artificial sweeteners, could be the best thing you could do for your health in 2019.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/health/2017/december/why-you-should-make-this-one-new-years-resolution-and-stick-to-it

1 Corinthinas 6 12.jpg

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Can't say I agree with everything the article said, but it is generally accurate at its core.
Sugars are a foundational factor in most chronic disease, and many acute ones too. Yet the article does not stress enough the dangers of to much processed animal foods and fats. One can keep their carb intake low, but if they are eating tons of animal products and processed fats and other low carb but highly processed foods, they are going to have health issues.
To say an individual that has sugar addiction issues should eventually stay away from fruits is ludicrous. Any medical professional understands the link to food addiction and the hyperthalmus.
There is also a link to certain bacteria in the micro biota and sugar cravings that while not yet well understood do exist.
The body has the ability to let us know what its needs are, and what to stay away from. But one has to be body sensitive to hear. It's a catch 22. If one is on a lousy diet their body communication will be dulled.
Water plump fruits will rarely be addicting as long as the other portions of the diet consist of plenty of whole and raw veggies and nuts and seeds and sprouts.
The article also does not stress enough the aspect of the synergy of sugar addictions and processed foods.
I personally know of 2 people who ate only fruits, and used herbs, for about a year, and when they went back to expanding their diets to a full version of veganism and whole foods, they had absolutely no sugar cravings what so ever.
Sugars in fruits are metabolized differently then other sugars. For that matter, grapes and raw grape juices consist of a special type of sugars that are very healing.
One last fact regarding sugar absorption; eating a very small amount if vegan fat, like a few almonds, or a little bit if olive oil, or even grape seed oil helps to stabilize the insulin spike when consuming high glycemic index foods.
I would not reccomend that as a safety value for an excuse to consume more sugars though.

Feb 28, 2016
the writing has been on the wall for so many years -
toss the 'white' processed/refined' junk and eat REAL FOOD
that contains REAL vitamins and minerals -

Love your Temple, don't destroy it as satan desires you to do -
live and serve your Maker, the Giver and Taker of all we possess -
please, don't choose to die before your time...

G

Godsgirl83

I should toss my frozen lemon Pepperidge Farms cake my wife bought for me this morning in the trash. On second thought, no.
Oh Tourist............ there goes the M&M's......... lol

G

Godsgirl83

Kill the Sugar Before It Kills You: 'Sugar Is the Source of All Chronic Disease'

Research shows people who consume lots of sugar are more than twice as likely to die from heart disease. Doctors say sugar feeds cancer and Alzheimer's. Then there's sugar's link to diabetes-and the list goes on. That's why giving up sugar in this New Year, along with chemical-based artificial sweeteners, could be the best thing you could do for your health in 2019.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/health/2017/december/why-you-should-make-this-one-new-years-resolution-and-stick-to-it

View attachment 196639
Well, OKAY LORD! I GET THE MESSAGE!
Auntie- you have NO IDEA how strong this has been for me lately. Thanks for the encouragment.

DIE SUGAR, DIE!!!!!!
Didy: Thanks for answering my question in another forum to come here......... this is just what I was looking for!

G

Godsgirl83

Yeah, I should toss those too except for the red ones.
well don't toss out the green ,yellow, blue, orange, and brown ones either!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
well don't toss out the green ,yellow, blue, orange, and brown ones either!
Second thought, I will live on the edge and eat them all. You can have some too as I got this humungous bag filled with them. You wrote a very colorful posts. Actually, it is vital that the body has sugar or you're toast. Same is true for salt but this is a sugar thread so I won't attempt to derail it. Sweet & Salty is a good snack mix though.

G

Godsgirl83

Second thought, I will live on the edge and eat them all. You can have some too as I got this humungous bag filled with them. You wrote a very colorful posts. Actually, it is vital that the body has sugar or you're toast. Same is true for salt but this is a sugar thread so I won't attempt to derail it. Sweet & Salty is a good snack mix though.
*homer simpson impression here* "MMMMM sweet and saaaaaaaalllllllllty" "Mmmmmmm TOOOAAAASSSSST"
oh tourist you naughty thing! GET BEHIND ME! I'm trying to GET AWAY from whole big bags of sugar, lol

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
What do you all think about sugar substitutes, like Stevia? I've always heard bad things about traditional sugar substitutes.

G

Godsgirl83

I've heard TRUVIA is good, it's natural I've never gotten sick from it either. Some of the other "subs" I get instant upset stomach from. I found out some of them are not natural and contain artificial ingredients.

Feb 28, 2016
What do you all think about sugar substitutes, like Stevia? I've always heard bad things about traditional sugar substitutes.
===========================================================
Mail,
those sugar-subs are on the same poisonous level as 'Creamora' - Farm raised sea-food - saturated-fats - most meds -
'Roald,,' - 'Hormone-Anti-bodic injected foods' - un-ORGANIC COFFEES, one of the most highly, insecticide sprayed crops known' -
NATURAL- FLAVORS'??? - DDT??? - ETC. ...

this is Truly a 'fallen-poisoned-world'...

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
A lot of peeps claim that there is an aftertaste with Stevia, and that it doesn't really taste that good regardless even though it is a natural product. I read that those that drink diet soda usually make up for it in other ways. Diet ice cream tastes nothing like real ice cream. I believe in eating products with sugar in moderation. Of course, I am underweight and it makes no difference what I eat, how much or how often. Still, I really don't eat a lot of sweet things.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
*homer simpson impression here* "MMMMM sweet and saaaaaaaalllllllllty" "Mmmmmmm TOOOAAAASSSSST"
oh tourist you naughty thing! GET BEHIND ME! I'm trying to GET AWAY from whole big bags of sugar, lol
It suppose it would be best to eat M & M' s in moderation. Several handfuls at a time would be a wise choice. Don't worry though 'cause they melt in your mouth and not in your hands. I believe we're good here. :)

Feb 28, 2016
A lot of peeps claim that there is an aftertaste with Stevia, and that it doesn't really taste that good regardless even though it is a natural product. I read that those that drink diet soda usually make up for it in other ways. Diet ice cream tastes nothing like real ice cream. I believe in eating products with sugar in moderation. Of course, I am underweight and it makes no difference what I eat, how much or how often. Still, I really don't eat a lot of sweet things.
==============================================
Tourist =
"I am underweight and it makes 'no difference' what I eat, how much or how often"???

is this a JOKE???
are you saying that it makes no difference in your weight??? or are you saying that it makes no difference
WHAT YOU EAT???
oh Lord, please let it be the first one!

never heard of (diet-ice-cream) but we have heard of and tasted GREENWISE, it's Publix version of ORGANIC...

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
==============================================
Tourist =
"I am underweight and it makes 'no difference' what I eat, how much or how often"???

is this a JOKE???
are you saying that it makes no difference in your weight??? or are you saying that it makes no difference
WHAT YOU EAT???
oh Lord, please let it be the first one!

never heard of (diet-ice-cream) but we have heard of and tasted GREENWISE, it's Publix version of ORGANIC...
We buy GREENWISE ice cream all of the time. My wife's favorite is chocolate mint. I go to Publix once or twice a week where shopping is a pleasure. It is always an adventure to see what the 'buy one get one' specials are. Occasionally I go to Walmart but the service is horrible and not enough cashiers.