Kinda new here…need some advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 30, 2016
Yes,but my fatherly advice and instict will always be "throw the bum out".

Nobody is good enough for her.....not saying I'm right,just a knee jerk
LOL
I AGREE!!

But one day, the guy won't be a BUM!

Yeah. I think she's too Young.

G

Gracie_14

James 4:17 - Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin.

you know telling them is the right thing to do
thanks for the vese. ill look into it. and thanks fr the prayers you wish me. need them alot

G

Gracie_14

LOL
I AGREE!!

But one day, the guy won't be a BUM!

Yeah. I think she's too Young.
very funny…im not as young as you think. but thanks anyway for your concern

Apr 30, 2016
well, i guess you guys are right. i have to figure out a way to tell my parents. but i still dont understand. even thought my parents have no idea…how am i lying to them? i mean, i really respect them. but i just dont really think im causing them harm
Gracie,
You're not causing THEM harm, you're causing YOU harm.

If you have nice, loving parents and you have a good relationship with them, you shoud tell them.

If you don't, it means you feel guilty too. If both you and this fellow are available (I now YOU are) then there should be no problem in talking about this relationship.

BTW, Where does he live in Italy?
Maybe I could go meet up with him!!

Take it easy.
Stay with your real friends.
You might meet someone you really like Tomorrow.

Personally I think girls should stay away from guys till they're at least THIRTY!!

Just kidding.

Be careful.

Apr 30, 2016
Like I said, I was 16 when I met my husband.
It's difficult to give advice to someone you really don't know.
Just be careful.

N

NoNameMcgee

when i was a year younger than you i already had a full time job

was seperated from my parents and supporting myself

i can tell from the fact youve kept this secret for a year

and the fact you called him "around" your age

the fact you said youre "like" 18

youre not at the level you need to be at to look for a husband

some people are ready at 16

some arent ready at 30

im being honest

by the way

not protective or hurtful

you asked for advice

im giving an unbiased opinion

Apr 30, 2016

some arent ready at 30

im being honest

by the way

you asked for advice

Right NNM.
I was 16 going on 30.
And didn't need to ask for advice.

The fact, Gracie, that you have questions is good...

But it also shows that you're not sure.

I'm wondering if you can even tell by conversing with him
if you can tell how old he is. ??

G

Gracie_14

Gracie,

If you have nice, loving parents and you have a good relationship with them, you shoud tell them.

If you don't, it means you feel guilty too. If both you and this fellow are available (I now YOU are) then there should be no problem in talking about this relationship.

Take it easy.

Personally I think girls should stay away from guys till they're at least THIRTY!!

Just kidding.

Be careful.
FranC,
you are soooo right. he lives somewhere in the north i think. i have to ask again. yes please go meet him and say hi for me!!!
ill try take it easy…thanks alot for hearing me out though.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
thank you!
well, i didnt think i was that young. most people believe im capable at this age…i look as if im 18. but i get your point. i should be focusing on my studies instead of being in this situation. ill have to think about it… what is the appropiate age? 16? 18?
Depends mainly on your level of maturity. At the very minimum probably 18 but that is still a young age to forego the freedom of being single. My advice is to wait until you are at least 21 and then pray to God first to prepare you for entering a long term relationship that may lead to marriage. Another piece of advice is to only date a man that you would consider marrying otherwise you are setting yourself up for hurt and are wasting your time.

G

Gracie_14

Right NNM.
I was 16 going on 30.
And didn't need to ask for advice.

The fact, Gracie, that you have questions is good...

But it also shows that you're not sure.

I'm wondering if you can even tell by conversing with him
if you can tell how old he is. ??
he talks as if he feels quite young and playful. i can really tell! but he's mature and very respectful. i trust him. if you get to know him you'll be amazed.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Gracie,

Take it easy.

Just kidding.

Be careful.
That's a good idea Fran. You should go and check this guy out for Gracie. Perhaps it's amore.

G

Gracie_14

some arent ready at 30

im being honest

by the way

you asked for advice

yeah i get it. but im not really like thinking i NEED to get married now. i just found myself in this relationship. you see, its a very long story. i wish i can write it all down so you can understand but its just too long lll

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
yeah i get it. but im not really like thinking i NEED to get married now. i just found myself in this relationship. you see, its a very long story. i wish i can write it all down so you can understand but its just too long lll
Every one here has a story to tell in their posts Gracie. Don't worry about yours taking to long. One page at a time.

N

NoNameMcgee

well....

lol

fair enough

i wish you well

^_^

G

Gracie_14

Every one here has a story to tell in their posts Gracie. Don't worry about yours taking to long. One page at a time.
you're so right tourist. thank you!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
hey guys…im sort of new here and i need some advice. advice from any person willing to give me some
you see im in a long distant reationship with a guy in italy and no one knows bout it. not even my parents. we've been writing to eachother for like a year now and we're truly in love and there seems to be nothing in our way. is it right for me to keep it a secret from my parents? im afraid they wont like it. thanks for reading. hope to get some answers.
You have asked for advice, and I'm not suggesting you are handling things like this poor young British girl, but I'd ask you to watch and BE disturbed by it:

[video=youtube;WsbYHI-rZOE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsbYHI-rZOE[/video]

Apr 30, 2016
That's a good idea Fran. You should go and check this guy out for Gracie. Perhaps it's amore.
Especially if he lives in a pretty place!!

I'm willing!

Apr 30, 2016
he talks as if he feels quite young and playful. i can really tell! but he's mature and very respectful. i trust him. if you get to know him you'll be amazed.
Let me ask this:
How could you be writing to a person (any person) a Whole year and not know where they live?
Maybe you just can't remember the name of the town.

Everybody here that knows me, knows where I live and I've only been on this forum about 2 months.
Do you know where he works?

Lots to know, right?