KINDLE NO FIRE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
EXOD.35 [2] Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.[3] Ye shall KINDLE NO FIRE throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day.

Kindle no fire. Ya think this might be a parable? After all, common sense should tell ya that some of Gods people might be in the colder regions of the world. They might have to start a fire to stay warm or cook some food.

PROVERBS 26 [20] WHERE NO WOOD IS, THERE THE FIRE GOETH OUT: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.[21] As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to KINDLE STRIFE. [22] The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.

Seems so. Seems to have something to do with the words you speak.

JAMES 3 [4] Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.[5] EVEN SO THE TONGUE IS A LITTLE MEMBER, AND BOASTETH GREAT THINGS. BEHOLD, HOW GREAT A MATTER A LITTLE FIRE KINDLETH![6] And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.[7] For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:[8] But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

Yup. Once again the old and the new mesh {is that a word?}

JER.17 [26] And they shall come from the cities of Judah, and from the places about Jerusalem, and from the land of Benjamin, and from the plain, and from the mountains, and from the south, bringing burnt offerings, and sacrifices, and meat offerings, and incense, and bringing sacrifices of praise, unto the house of the LORD.[27] But IF YE WILL NOT HEARKEN UNTO ME TO HALLOW THE SABBATH DAY, and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the sabbath day; THEN WILL I KINDLE A FIRE in the gates thereof, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.

How many times and how many ways must the Lord tell us to keep His sabbath day before we will believe Him?

EZEKIEL 20 [47] And say to the forest of the south, Hear the word of the Lord; Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I WILL KINDLE A FIRE IN THEE, and it shall devour every green tree in thee, and every dry tree: THE FLAMING FLAME shall not be quenched, and all faces from the south to the north shall be burned therein. [48] AND ALL FLESH SHALL SEE THAT I THE LORD HAVE KINDLED IT: it shall not be quenched. [49] THEN SAID I, AH LORD GOD! THEY SAY OF ME, DOTH HE NOT SPEAK PARABLES?

I Guess by the time God kindles His fire all flesh shall know He kindled it. But.. to late for many. So do u think parables were being spoken in the old testament

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
In response to the initial question, no, the command in Exodus was not a parable. A man was executed for collecting wood on the Sabbath (Numbers 15:32-36). That doesn't sound much like a parable to me.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
In response to the initial question, no, the command in Exodus was not a parable. A man was executed for collecting wood on the Sabbath (Numbers 15:32-36). That doesn't sound much like a parable to me.
Hi Dino246. Who did the execution?

S

SpoonJuly

EXOD.35 [2] Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.[3] Ye shall KINDLE NO FIRE throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day.

Kindle no fire. Ya think this might be a parable? After all, common sense should tell ya that some of Gods people might be in the colder regions of the world. They might have to start a fire to stay warm or cook some food.

PROVERBS 26 [20] WHERE NO WOOD IS, THERE THE FIRE GOETH OUT: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.[21] As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to KINDLE STRIFE. [22] The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.

Seems so. Seems to have something to do with the words you speak.

JAMES 3 [4] Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.[5] EVEN SO THE TONGUE IS A LITTLE MEMBER, AND BOASTETH GREAT THINGS. BEHOLD, HOW GREAT A MATTER A LITTLE FIRE KINDLETH![6] And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.[7] For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:[8] But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

Yup. Once again the old and the new mesh {is that a word?}

JER.17 [26] And they shall come from the cities of Judah, and from the places about Jerusalem, and from the land of Benjamin, and from the plain, and from the mountains, and from the south, bringing burnt offerings, and sacrifices, and meat offerings, and incense, and bringing sacrifices of praise, unto the house of the LORD.[27] But IF YE WILL NOT HEARKEN UNTO ME TO HALLOW THE SABBATH DAY, and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the sabbath day; THEN WILL I KINDLE A FIRE in the gates thereof, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.

How many times and how many ways must the Lord tell us to keep His sabbath day before we will believe Him?

EZEKIEL 20 [47] And say to the forest of the south, Hear the word of the Lord; Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I WILL KINDLE A FIRE IN THEE, and it shall devour every green tree in thee, and every dry tree: THE FLAMING FLAME shall not be quenched, and all faces from the south to the north shall be burned therein. [48] AND ALL FLESH SHALL SEE THAT I THE LORD HAVE KINDLED IT: it shall not be quenched. [49] THEN SAID I, AH LORD GOD! THEY SAY OF ME, DOTH HE NOT SPEAK PARABLES?

I Guess by the time God kindles His fire all flesh shall know He kindled it. But.. to late for many. So do u think parables were being spoken in the old testament
Do you keep the Sabbath 100% as the Israelites were instructed? Zero violations?

O wait! Today is the Sabbath and you are on the internet posting.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Yeah. Sorry. Just thought you might know
No worries. I'm not at my laptop all the time. It was the whole congregation... all of Israel. Any reason this might be significant?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
yet the Law commanded the priests to kindle fire every sabbath, desecrating it.
((re: Numbers 28:9-10, Matthew 12:5))

why?
what's God telling us by this?
He's telling us about Christ ((re: John 5:39))
what?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
No worries. I'm not at my laptop all the time. It was the whole congregation... all of Israel. Any reason this might be significant?
which sabbath did that man break, i wonder, too?
did he do this at random?

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Do you keep the Sabbath 100% as the Israelites were instructed? Zero violations?

O wait! Today is the Sabbath and you are on the internet posting.
The Israelites posted on the sabbath? How dare they!

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Not sure

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Kindle no fire? Bad kindle!! Bad bad kindle!!! :p:ROFL::ROFL: