Kissing before marriage?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

melly4jesus

Aug 2, 2017
I would be interested in reading different people's opinions on this. I personally think you shouldn't kiss someone who you aren't married to. What are your thoughts? and why?

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Might depend on why and how you're kissing and how kissing is viewed in your culture. Even the Bible talks about greeting each other with a holy kiss (which we've pretty much done away with for cultural reasons and because it possible we don't know how to make sure our kisses are holy anymore).

So yeah tonsil hockey should probably be reserved for people you're planning to marry, but kissing is a bit broad of a term.

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
I would be interested in reading different people's opinions on this. I personally think you shouldn't kiss someone who you aren't married to. What are your thoughts? and why?
I’m with you. I strive to consider my actions in light of my future spouse, with her at the forefront of my present interactions with women. I have committed to no longer falling into the trap of the worldly manner of thinking when it comes to dating, romance, etc. In my opinion, too much of this distortion has entered the church and has watered down the true meaning of love as the Bible defines it.

Paul has great advice for Timothy in his exchanges with others that I find very helpful in my efforts:

1Ti 5:1-2 (TLV)
Never speak harshly to an older man but appeal to him as a father; to younger men as brothers; older women as mothers; and younger women as sisters—with complete purity.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
I guess it would really depend on what kind of kiss it is.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
With or without cartificate. Ill kiss my fiance until he squints

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Well it's not a new subject here. It comes up about once a year. So I've seen all the opinions.
There is nothing scriptural that prohibits kissing. Therefore the choice is 100% subjective. It is a grey area where you are to be lead by your own conscience, but your conscience may differ from others. No one is more right or more wrong, unless you try to push your view on others.
There are all kinds of man made rules about dating that people think are the ultimate right or wrong. They are neither.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I've kissed my grandma before. I'm not planning to marry her. :sneaky:

What? That's not the kind of kiss we're talking about?

That's exactly my point. We need some definitions, clarifications and parameters established here.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I will never forget when my son was 16 years old and he had a girlfriend and spent quite a bit of time over at her house. One day, her father walked in on them while they were on the couch kissing and he freaked out and asked my son to go home. He scolded them both for "making out" on his couch and he referred to their activity to her mother as, "heavy petting." My son's girlfriend was furious and they both claimed that all they were doing was kissing and it barely qualified as making out. :giggle:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I see nothing wrong whatsoever kissing before marriage. Physical chemistry plays an important role in the formation of a prospective, enduring, intimate relationship. Giving and receiving affection is an integral part in the bonding process. Abstinence of sex before marriage may be commendable and agreed upon beforehand but kissing is not the same thing as sex so I see no reason to deprive yourself of this.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Kissing? People still do that? How disgusting!

;)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
why do americans call kissing 'heavy petting' or 'making out? '

it sounds kinda gross. like a slobbery dog.

Dont people actually know how to kiss properly? or do they just copy whats on tv. Thats not kissing. Thats devouring one another like vampires. Reverse CPR.