Kissing before marriage?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 3, 2020
What I would ask is, what made you determine that there is something wrong with kissing before marriage?

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
What I would ask is, what made you determine that there is something wrong with kissing before marriage?
Kissing is an act of affection which there is nothing wrong with that. As you listed, there are different ways in which a kiss can be conducted. If the kiss is for sexual arousal or could lead to that, you may want to back off if not married.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Kissing is an act of affection which there is nothing wrong with that. As you listed, there are different ways in which a kiss can be conducted. If the kiss is for sexual arousal or could lead to that, you may want to back off if not married.
Some people like to stay pure and not even kiss that person until they get married.

Do you disagree?

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
Not at all. Whatever you do it unto the Lord.
So wouldn’t you think that abstaining from any kind of intimacy with a person you are not married to would stop you from wanting to “go further”, which could result in both having sex outside of marriage?

Or should sex outside of marriage be OK?

(Not looking to debate but see a range of different opinions including what the Bible says). 😊

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
So wouldn’t you think that abstaining from any kind of intimacy with a person you are not married to would stop you from wanting to “go further”, which could result in both having sex outside of marriage?

Or should sex outside of marriage be OK?

(Not looking to debate but see a range of different opinions including what the Bible says). 😊
Sex outside of marriage in God eyes is sexual immorality. Why do I say this, because God is the external moral Arbiter. If God is the standard of what is good than any deviation from that is what is evil. Evil is not a thing. If God said sex is between a married man and women, He is stating what is good because He is God and we are the creation. That’s about the best I can explain with regards to that.

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
Kissing before marriage is only wrong or right on a personal level; to each their own.

If the worry is kissing leading to more and you don't have the proper self-control, then as a christian, you're right, you probably shouldn't.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Well, I want to respect my partner in every way that I can. I wouldn't want my husband kissing another woman!
The thing is, it is highly probable that your future husband has already kissed another woman. Would this, in your view, disqualify him from consideration as a future spouse?

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
I like to kiss, but Ima backsliddin pig. ha

Aug 2, 2009
I think quick kisses are ok as long as you're in a committed relationship. But if it's one of those let's-see-how-long-we-can-go-before-we-have-to-come-up-for-air kisses, then no.

Isaiah263

Jan 12, 2020
Of course premarital sex is forbidden in Scripture. But I can't think of anywhere in Scripture that forbids kissing though.

I personally want to wait for my wedding day. Marriage is a shadow of Christ's love for His church. And I want my future wedding day (Lord willing if there is one) to be extra special. Waiting is a personal preference for me.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think its fine to holy kiss people.

It is a blessing. Its not really a thing in my family to kiss, but I went to a church where lots of people kisses cos it had many islanders in the congregation and that is their thing to kiss and hug. They kiss on the cheeks.

both men and women and also I notice children, but children are more likely to hug.

I think kissing on the lips is meant to be reserved for your true love. Christians have been kissed on the lips or actually on our tongues by the holy spirit. He has breathed in us.

That is why I wouldnt be kissed on the lips by an unbeliever, sorry no, also, it can be a way to spread germs. I dont want anyones unholy breath either.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I thought "making love" used to mean what "making out" currently means. But I am by no means an expert in this field.

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
I personally like when the term “making love” is used 😍

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I thought "making love" used to mean what "making out" currently means. But I am by no means an expert in this field.
I believe that 'making out' is the prelude to 'making love'. Kissing is involved.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I looked it up. Apparently it changed about 1960 or so. For centuries, and right up until the 1950's, "making love" was a synonym for courting. (This explains Pepe Le Pew's lines, and Pierre's lines in a Popeye cartoon. "When Pierre is making love, he does not wish to be disturbed!" They weren't talking about sex.)