Ladies forum?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

susi

Just wondering what happened to the ladies forum. ☺ Thanks

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Apparently it developed a case of extreme shyness.. lol

It's even hiding from Robo. :eek:

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Apparently it developed a case of extreme shyness.. lol

It's even hiding from Robo. :eek:
The Ladies Forum has always been invisible to RoboOp and myself, we're both men. I believe that getting the Ladies Forum transferred over and reactivated is on RoboOp's long list of things to do.

L

LaVieEnRose

I don’t think it is a good idea to have a Ladies’ Forum. Many men sign up as women and read and posted in the forum to get their jollies. It’s really not a good idea. Naive women may think they are talking about sensitive subjects only amongst ladies, when some of the “ladies” are in reality, men.

Just my opinion, of course.

M

Miri

I don’t think it is a good idea to have a Ladies’ Forum. Many men sign up as women and read and posted in the forum to get their jollies. It’s really not a good idea. Naive women may think they are talking about sensitive subjects only amongst ladies, when some of the “ladies” are in reality, men.

Just my opinion, of course.

That shouldn’t have been too much of a problem. My understanding was that females
who registered could not see the women’s forum until they had been on the site for a
while and made a certain number of posts.

It could be reactavated with a similar delayed time frame. Maybe also access shouldn’t
be automatic, each person should have to participate in other areas of the site first so
mods can get the measure of them before they can access the women’s forum.
Most people give themselves away.

I suppose a greater priority would be to bring back blue for the boys and pink for the
girls. That will help a lot. Lol

L

LaVieEnRose

That shouldn’t have been too much of a problem. My understanding was that females
who registered could not see the women’s forum until they had been on the site for a

It could be reactavated with a similar delayed time frame. Maybe also access shouldn’t
be automatic, each person should have to participate in other areas of the site first so

I suppose a greater priority would be to bring back blue for the boys and pink for the
Carfish are pretty adept at pretending to be women. They can masquerade as women for years and make tons of posts and no one is the wiser. I question the “femaleness” of users who hardly post at all and then suddenly make a thread about an intimate issue in the ladies’ forum.

I just think it is a bad idea. I could be a man for all you know. Unless people have had interaction in real time, no one really knows who the other person is.

U

Ugly

The problem is assuming that mods will have the time, or interest, to spend weeks or months watching a new female user to judge their likelihood of being a female.
What happens when they still let a man slip through? Or offend an actual woman by telling her she doesn't "seem" like a woman?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

I agree with you on the colors. Also, it should be required to list your age as well. This should be displayed on each post without having to constantly click on the scroll arrow or go to a member's profile page to get the same basic information that was previously prominently displayed on each post. Also, stop having a member's name broken up and displayed haphazardly as it makes the site to appear to be very unprofessional and amateurish.

M

Miri

The problem is assuming that mods will have the time, or interest, to spend weeks or months watching a new female user to judge their likelihood of being a female.
What happens when they still let a man slip through? Or offend an actual woman by telling her she doesn't "seem" like a woman?

I don’t think I ever saw that in the women’s forum. Apart from one person
who was transgender.

L

LaVieEnRose

who was transgender.
Half the women there were men pretending to be women. Just because a user registers as a woman and pretends to be a woman, it does not mean that person IS a woman.

L

LaVieEnRose

A lot of the women are really men. Not just one or two.

U

Ugly

who was transgender.
I wouldn't know, having never been there. I was just saying expecting mods to observe new users to determine their gender would not work.

L

LaVieEnRose

I think the whole idea of people listing their genders or ages or having a Ladies’ forum lends a false sense of security. NO ONE really knows the gender or age of another person. If I were so inclined, I could register as a 28 year old guy and catfish people who thought I was 28 and a guy. My point is, the ladies could be writing things they would rather not talk about with men, little realizing that their sweet confidante is actually a man getting some sort of thrill by talking to Christian women about intimate subjects. Jesus told us to be as “Wise as serpents, but innocent as doves.” There are a lot of innocents here who aren’t very wise.

I mean, unless you talk to someone on Skype and hear the person’s voice and see the person’s face in real time- you have no earthly idea who is typing what you are reading. Just because a person says he is a woman, or she says she is a man, or a person claims to be a particular age- it doesn’t make it so.

A user on another site SWORE I was British, because of my writing style. It is very easy to assume a false persona when you are just typing.