Laundry Mat

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
While my wife is out and about I'm doing a load of my work clothes. I'm using Tide (pods) and I added a little Downy fabric softener as well. I will probably toss in a couple of Bounce sheets in the dryer too.

As I am a married man I no longer go to a laundry mat because we have a washer and dryer.

My wife usually does all of the laundry as she probably thinks that I really don't know what I'm doing. I must admit that I have a problem separating the white's 'cause some items are considered to be whites even though it appears that they are not really white in color. I've decided against (wisely) the use of bleach because bad things usually happen when I do this.

I just want to be productive. It's a struggle at times.

Last edited:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I don't bother with bleach for my whites. Who's gonna see them?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Ain't nowhere in the Bible said either of them cares. :p

Addison

Jun 28, 2014
I once super overloaded a washing machine at my local laundry mat to save six extra quarters.

I then left to go have some dinner.

When I returned, the entire complex was covered in about a half inch of water.

Apparently I set the machine on fire and the entire place got hosed down.

I think I might have created a lot of weirdness with everyone there. :confused:

At least I didn't get banned from the place. :eek:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I once super overloaded a washing machine at my local laundry mat to save six extra quarters.

I then left to go have some dinner.

When I returned, the entire complex was covered in about a half inch of water.

Apparently I set the machine on fire and the entire place got hosed down.

I think I might have created a lot of weirdness with everyone there. :confused:

At least I didn't get banned from the place. :eek:
Hopefully your clothes didn't get scorched. The machines in the laundry mat that I used to frequent weighed your clothes first to prevent stressing the machines. Weirdness isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yup, them good ole days. With lye soap and a whole lot of scrubbing. *shudder*

Thank you Lord for washing machines. Driers I could do without, hanging clothes on the line isn't too bad. Washing machines are on my "necessary for life" list.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
When I was single it was fun to go to the laundry mat as that is a good place for people watching. A helpless single man struggling doing his laundry, trying to separate the whites, if he even knew what whites are. This would at times attract the attention of a single woman that would be more than willing to assist.

I was no expert at doing my own laundry and finally as a last resort would just stuff my all of my dirty clothes in the biggest washer there was. If I had a lot of quarters I would even use hot water.

As a married man my wife has taken up my slack and does my laundry for me along with her own. My job is to haul all the dirty laundry downstairs and heap it in front of the washer and dryer. She tried to teach me how to fold T- Shirts but I may need some remedial training. I want to learn how to iron too without leaving scorch marks, iron some nice sharp creases on my Levi's using Niagara Spray Starch. I am also tasked with carrying my own clean clothes upstairs to put away in the dresser or closet. She puts her own clean clothes away so she knows where they are.

What dictates a laundry day is how many clean clothes that I have left. Usually, it is every 3 to 4 weeks as we have a lot of clothes. She does the laundry over a period of 2 to 3 days. At the moment I am down to only 1 pair of clean underwear and one sock that lost its mate in the dryer during a previous laundry day.

Tomorrow is laundry day.

T

toinena

Laundry is a valid ground for divorce...

Perhaps not, but I like to be in control of the laundry, and it would be difficult to share "my machine" with even the dearest husband without some negotiation about rules and practices. When to use the tumbler for instance. Never when it is 70 degrees or more outdoors and no rain. They get better dried outdoors. And softener. Not on towels or linen. Never ever! Just on synthetic fabrics. But I hardly have any clothes in that category so it rules it out. And washing woolen clothes is of course a study in it self.

I am all in favor of letting my husband be the head and all.... but atleast let me rule in the laundry room!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Laundry is a valid ground for divorce...

Perhaps not, but I like to be in control of the laundry, and it would be difficult to share "my machine" with even the dearest husband without some negotiation about rules and practices. When to use the tumbler for instance. Never when it is 70 degrees or more outdoors and no rain. They get better dried outdoors. And softener. Not on towels or linen. Never ever! Just on synthetic fabrics. But I hardly have any clothes in that category so it rules it out. And washing woolen clothes is of course a study in it self.

I am all in favor of letting my husband be the head and all.... but atleast let me rule in the laundry room!
You probably should rule the kitchen too. :)

T

toinena

Nah. Not that despotic about the kitchen. But I do like to have control over the groceries in cupboards, fridge and freezer.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
When I was single it was fun to go to the laundry mat as that is a good place for people watching. A helpless single man struggling doing his laundry, trying to separate the whites, if he even knew what whites are. This would at times attract the attention of a single woman that would be more than willing to assist.

I was no expert at doing my own laundry and finally as a last resort would just stuff my all of my dirty clothes in the biggest washer there was. If I had a lot of quarters I would even use hot water.

As a married man my wife has taken up my slack and does my laundry for me along with her own. My job is to haul all the dirty laundry downstairs and heap it in front of the washer and dryer. She tried to teach me how to fold T- Shirts but I may need some remedial training. I want to learn how to iron too without leaving scorch marks, iron some nice sharp creases on my Levi's using Niagara Spray Starch. I am also tasked with carrying my own clean clothes upstairs to put away in the dresser or closet. She puts her own clean clothes away so she knows where they are.

What dictates a laundry day is how many clean clothes that I have left. Usually, it is every 3 to 4 weeks as we have a lot of clothes. She does the laundry over a period of 2 to 3 days. At the moment I am down to only 1 pair of clean underwear and one sock that lost its mate in the dryer during a previous laundry day.

Tomorrow is laundry day.
This makes me look forward to marriage lol

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
This makes me look forward to marriage lol
Marriage can be a very enjoyable and interesting experience, the adventure of a lifetime. Even the most ordinary things such as doing laundry or cooking can be an intimate romantic experience. I am pondering about creating a new thread called Kitchen Flirtations, about funny and interesting things that take place in the kitchen of a married couple.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Marriage can be a very enjoyable and interesting experience, the adventure of a lifetime. Even the most ordinary things such as doing laundry or cooking can be an intimate romantic experience. I am pondering about creating a new thread called Kitchen Flirtations, about funny and interesting things that take place in the kitchen of a married couple.
I think it’s beautiful that you express your love for your wifey in this way.

And you should totes do it bro!! :)