Laundry Mat

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Just spilled some sparkling water on my shirt and jeans. Seem like it went down the wrong pipe and I started choking. After 5 minutes of coughing, I'm back to normal.

It's OK, clothes were dirty to start with. Gonna put on some fresh ones.

Champagne is sparkling also but since I don't drink alcohol anymore, I drink a lot of water, fruit juice and coffee.

Like the melted chocolate, the choking on water was unfortunate.
Crumbs!

No, my hazard is now...cat hair. Don't wear black clothing, or white clothing, now I have a long-haired black and white cat. The white furs will cling to the black and the black hairs to the white. So it's probably better to wear grey if you want to blend in.

My camouflage clothes when I garden are green, and brown.

When I do my paint by numbers, I'll wear jeans as it don't matter if you splatter paint on your canvas/jeans.

Now I have an oodie, I wonder if anyone's actually washed theirs, and does it block up the washing machine? It's so thick and fleecy and furry...
 
  • Heart
Reactions: tourist
Crumbs!

No, my hazard is now...cat hair. Don't wear black clothing, or white clothing, now I have a long-haired black and white cat. The white furs will cling to the black and the black hairs to the white. So it's probably better to wear grey if you want to blend in.

My camouflage clothes when I garden are green, and brown.

When I do my paint by numbers, I'll wear jeans as it don't matter if you splatter paint on your canvas/jeans.

Now I have an oodie, I wonder if anyone's actually washed theirs, and does it block up the washing machine? It's so thick and fleecy and furry...
I have found that adding about a 1/2 cup of white vinegar to the wash removes the cat hair. Good thing too, 'cause I have two cats - Tango & Sugar.

Funny that you mentioned paint by numbers. My wife got a paint by numbers kit at Christmas. A couple months ago she finished her first one and that now hangs proudly in our living room. Almost done with the second. That is going up in the living room too. Already started her third one the other day. While the paint dries on the second one she works on the third one.

Looks real nice. I love original art work.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Lanolin
I've done six so far, 4 of them I left in the school library to decorate the bookshelves.

I've got two more to do, one is actually canvas on a pine frame so can be hung, the others are just on base board.

I did some laundry today, the pales and the whites. May do the darks tomorrow. I had to educate my dad on things laundry, as he thought you just chuck in everything together. Um no. Why mum never showed him is a mystery to me. You do actually have to read the labels on your clothes for washing instructions and know what the different types of fabrics are. It's not like washing dishes.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: tourist
I've done six so far, 4 of them I left in the school library to decorate the bookshelves.

I've got two more to do, one is actually canvas on a pine frame so can be hung, the others are just on base board.

I did some laundry today, the pales and the whites. May do the darks tomorrow. I had to educate my dad on things laundry, as he thought you just chuck in everything together. Um no. Why mum never showed him is a mystery to me. You do actually have to read the labels on your clothes for washing instructions and know what the different types of fabrics are. It's not like washing dishes.
I was once like your dad, just chuck in everything together.

Now, the first thing that I do on laundry day is to separate everything by type. Only whites that we have are bed sheets - I wash those separately. I use Clorax Color Booster and Stain Fighter. It is not really actual bleach, but the results are the same. I have had really bad things happen when I used regular bleach. I learned to never actually apply bleach directly to the clothes.

Actually, I just ran the dishwasher a few minutes ago.
 
I was once like your dad, just chuck in everything together.

Now, the first thing that I do on laundry day is to separate everything by type. Only whites that we have are bed sheets - I wash those separately. I use Clorax Color Booster and Stain Fighter. It is not really actual bleach, but the results are the same. I have had really bad things happen when I used regular bleach. I learned to never actually apply bleach directly to the clothes.

Actually, I just ran the dishwasher a few minutes ago.
I'm not sure why people would use bleach in laundry. Its smelly, and there's other better things to use that aren't so toxic and harsh. I mean people bleach their hair, but I wouldn't like to put bleach in my hair or have it on my scalp!

People use bleach to clean the toilet, and I think back then when they didn't have things like napisan or laundry powder that had enzymes in it, they used it for sheets and cloth nappies I mean laundry that was soiled. If something was that soiled or stained, I'd just buy new sheets and throw the old/soiled ones away. You cant constantly use and wash things forever and not have them go threadbare.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
If something gets torn and stained and can't be worn I'd just cut it up and use it for rags.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
You cant constantly use and wash things forever and not have them go threadbare.
That's what my wife keeps saying to me. Some of my clothes I have had for years and there is obvious wear and tear. Time to edit my wardrobe. Think I'll get a haircut too. Believe me, it's been a while. It's gonna be the new me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lanolin
Lefty loosy, righty tighty

When I was working as gardener, I got muddy and grass stains on my uniform, and one of the ladies at the retirement village we gardened for asked if our company washed our uniforms for us.

I'm like what?!

I did not know companies did this. Do they??

I'm glad we had uniforms given to us though as I sure ain't buying clothes and shoes out of personal pocket that I don't have to just to do my job. It should be included in all jobs or a clothing allowance or something.

Parents here despair of how much uniforms cost for their children in school. I think we just can't afford stuff, not on the low wages we are on.
 
Laundry day got off on the wrong foot.

On one certain load I put in the Tide pods, the Oxi-Clean and the other stuff and turned the machine on. While it was washing, I had to run to Walmart to pick up another container of Oxi-Clean. When I got back, I noticed that I forgot to load the washer with clothes before activating the wash cycle.

Maybe I'm losing it. Nah, just have to focus on the task at hand.

It is usually not a good thing to try and do a bunch of different stuff at the same time. Wasted a quantity of laundry cleaning products and my precious time. Disappointing. The rest of the laundry day is going good though.

It's not so bad if you think about it.

I try to not over-think things.
 
Mm praying it gets better for you.
Maybe your regular routine was disrupted, it doesn't really help to take shortcuts, you'll only be shortchanging yourself in the end.

However well learn - and doing laundry is a life-long job. Have you tried the detergent sheets? They are so good. if you buy some in different sizes then you can do big loads and small loads as well, or just put extra sheets in for big loads.

They're good as they come in a box, have no liquid so they can't spill, and are not powdered either so they can't spill out of the box. And you don't have to measure capfuls or scoops. Dishwashers have those tablet things but a lot of washing machines aren't built to take tablets the way dishwashers are.
Detergent sheets you can just toss in and go.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: tourist
Also they are non-toxic, so even a five year old could do laundry if they know how to turn the machine on and stuff clothes and sheets in a washer.
My box is good for 60 washes, and the sheets are thin and light, and you can touch with bare hands. Don't eat them though. They are not won ton pastry.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: tourist
Mm praying it gets better for you.
Maybe your regular routine was disrupted, it doesn't really help to take shortcuts, you'll only be shortchanging yourself in the end.

However well learn - and doing laundry is a life-long job. Have you tried the detergent sheets? They are so good. if you buy some in different sizes then you can do big loads and small loads as well, or just put extra sheets in for big loads.

They're good as they come in a box, have no liquid so they can't spill, and are not powdered either so they can't spill out of the box. And you don't have to measure capfuls or scoops. Dishwashers have those tablet things but a lot of washing machines aren't built to take tablets the way dishwashers are.
Detergent sheets you can just toss in and go.
I have yet to try the detergent sheets but will score some on next visit to Walmart.

Thank you for your prayers.

Things have settled down a bit after quite a few busy days.

You are correct about the routine too. Seems that I don't handle disruptions very well but God will help me work on that. If I try to do too many things at the same time things don't always turn out well . It is best to simply focus on one task at a time.

It is Saturday morning here and on Saturday's I do a bunch of household tasks but they are all done now. Fortunately, I don't have to work today. Time for a nap to recharge the batteries.

Take care and God Bless You.
 
Also they are non-toxic, so even a five year old could do laundry if they know how to turn the machine on and stuff clothes and sheets in a washer.
My box is good for 60 washes, and the sheets are thin and light, and you can touch with bare hands. Don't eat them though. They are not won ton pastry.
Wash sheets will not be included in my weekly menu planning. Thank you for the heads-up.
 
You welcome
My sister always gives me big sisterly advice cos she knows how useless I am without her guidance. I then copy her example by telling others what to do, but usually backfires on me when I don't realise they already know how to do it.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: tourist
You welcome
My sister always gives me big sisterly advice cos she knows how useless I am without her guidance. I then copy her example by telling others what to do, but usually backfires on me when I don't realise they already know how to do it.
At least you tried to help someone with possible laundry quandaries.
 
So...laundry baskets and hampers
What ones do you use?

View attachment 289889
Pop up?

View attachment 289890View attachment 289891
separate colours?

View attachment 289892
Cane?
View attachment 289893
plastic?
View attachment 289894
folding?
I use the hot pink ones on the bottom. Of course, my laundry baskets are green and are minus the Hello Kitty. I do like cats, however.

I find that adding vinegar to the wash detergent removes cat hair from the clothes. My wife taught me that hack. She teaches me a lot of things.

I guess that it is possible to teach an old dog new tricks.
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch