Leaving

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Losing a quality member, especially a frequent contributor to the forums is like a death in the family. You were an asset to the community and your wisdom and humor will be sorely missed.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
That's what you have to add to this thread? I think I'm beginning to see why they skedaddled.
As a new member to this site, instead of assuming why a member chose to leave, why not wonder why a lot of the members have been part of the community for years? There is a lot more than meets the eye here. It takes time to really get to know the members, who they are and what they are about. She was a long-time member and chose to keep the reason for leaving to herself. It could be any number of things.

Ugly took the time to answer your inquiry as to whether or not this member had already left. He is a long time member who actually adds quite a lot to the threads. You really have to give the site a chance instead of jumping to conclusions and making rash judgements.

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
As a new member to this site, instead of assuming why a member chose to leave, why not wonder why a lot of the members have been part of the community for years? There is a lot more than meets the eye here. It takes time to really get to know the members, who they are and what they are about. She was a long-time member and chose to keep the reason for leaving to herself. It could be any number of things.

Ugly took the time to answer your inquiry as to whether or not this member had already left. He is a long time member who actually adds quite a lot to the threads. You really have to give the site a chance instead of jumping to conclusions and making rash judgements.
Well, at least you first posted to the OP itself before thinking to example what you condemn. I wonder how much of this love was shown to the OP prior to their deciding to leave here? I'm guessing, not any.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Well, at least you first posted to the OP itself before thinking to example what you condemn. I wonder how much of this love was shown to the OP prior to their deciding to leave here? I'm guessing, not any.
There have been many members, mostly new, that have left for the reasons you may have surmised. A new member joins, writes a post and is immediately slammed with insults and condemnation. I don't believe that this was the case regarding this particular member as she was a long-time member, frequent contributor, who was generally well-received and respected. Glad to have you here with us though and look forward to getting to know you better through your post. I'm sorry also if the tone of my post to you was perceived as hurtful as that was not my intention.

U

Ugly

That's what you have to add to this thread? I think I'm beginning to see why they skedaddled.
You seemed unsure of whether or not they left. I gave you information that taught you how to recognize closed accounts, a helpful tip for you, and you respond with an insult? That certainly speaks poorly of your character. I'm glad I'm learning this now so I can avoid you from now on.

U

Ugly

What a vile troll.

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
Hey folks, I've asked to have my account deleted. I've had a great time and I will miss you all! God bless you!

To the derailing angry who can't help themselves in corrupting the last post, the goodbye, of what is hailed as a beloved member who shall be missed. May God find you and find you worthy.

I was shocked, confused, bewildered
as I entered Heaven's door,
Not by the beauty of it all,
by the lights or its decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven
who made me sputter and gasp-
the thieves, the liars, the sinners,
the alcoholics, the trash.

There stood the kid from seventh grade
who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
who never said anything nice.

Herb, who I always thought
was rotting away in hell,
was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, 'What's the deal?
I would love to hear Your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must've made a mistake.

And why's everyone so quiet,
so somber? Give me a clue.'
'Hush, child, ' said He 'They're all in shock.
No one thought they'd see you.'

Judge NOT.

Author Unknown
(Though possibly written by either the worst sinner or
the most thankful person in heaven, or both!)
Leaking Pen

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hey, they're the old senior member that should be forgiven for Tourist knows not what they do. Or maybe they do. Yikes. Ignore it and let this thread get back to topic.
I always enjoy amusing posts because of the high entertainment value that they provide. Actually, there really isn't a topic on this thread just a typical good-bye post. Jesus asked his father, dying on the cross, to forgive them because they know not what they do. Perhaps he was referring to me also. Likely. :)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
anyone know if she could be bribed to come back?

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
Not naming names but I find acts of contrition asking God to forgive the offender are false when the offender worked more than once to offend a Christian. Then decided to ask God to forgive them that but never once apologized to the one they hoped to offend.
There's no semblance to Christ on the cross and his plea to his father at all in that type profile. But it does show selfish ego-centrism in the effort. Because now the offender hopes to appear to the Christians here as one of their own being contrite. God SEESALL and fakes don't fool him.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Hey folks, I've asked to have my account deleted. I've had a great time and I will miss you all! God bless you!
I'm very sorry to read this. Now I understand another post that claimed there was no goodbye post.
God be with you.

Feb 28, 2016
TIN,

you already know that we both Love you and so many others whom Jesus has brought here -
our prayers are with you and yours precious one!!!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Tin- and from here as well, Lord bless you and keep you

M

Miri

Hi Tin, feel free to contact me via Facebook any time.

Hope all goes well, don’t go upsetting any more cows!