Leftism is Lunacy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

But at the same time, the right has moved so far right one can't be a conservative and honestly call themselves Christian either!

DUMP BOTH PARTIES!

Well the problem with that is one or the other will get into office. I stand on the party platform of the RNC and try to vote in those that support that agenda,small gov't,support of Israel,against abortion. Certainly its getting harder and harder to find people to vote for that accept party line.

K

kaylagrl

I think support for Israel is one of those issues Christians can agree to disagree on without either party violating Biblical commands. There's a lot of complex wiggle room.

Washington's Farewell address is, as always, a good guide for foreign policy. One we should go back to now that the Soviet Union's been dead for almost 30 years.

Im going to have to google that and give it a read. Im very interested in history though I know a teaspoon full compared to you I think. But I do like to read and learn.

Aug 2, 2009
Jan 6, 2018
But at the same time, the right has moved so far right one can't be a conservative and honestly call themselves Christian either!

DUMP BOTH PARTIES!
There is no such thing as a far right. You are either a Constitutional believing American or you are a left wing nut job.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Well the problem with that is one or the other will get into office. I stand on the party platform of the RNC and try to vote in those that support that agenda,small gov't,support of Israel,against abortion. Certainly its getting harder and harder to find people to vote for that accept party line.
I stand on the platform with you.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
There is, but it's never gained popularity in the US. American conservatives (even the traditionalist ones) are more Center-Right in that they believe natural hierarchies and universal human dignity exist in tandem.

There is no such thing as a far right. You are either a Constitutional believing American or you are a left wing nut job.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Thank you, but I'm sure you know plenty I don't. :)

Im going to have to google that and give it a read. Im very interested in history though I know a teaspoon full compared to you I think. But I do like to read and learn.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
And that kind of reasoning right there is one reason we are in the trouble we are in.

Besides, I believe in the Bible before the constitution. Which says help the poor and don't horde riches. Yet that is all the far right is interested in doing - creating poverty to enrich their already rich friends, while continuing and adding to the bankruptcy of this country.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
It's a well-grounded philosophical and historical observation and in no way precludes the possibility of multiple reasons as to why our country is in decline- ie reasons that transcend the political spectrum.

And that kind of reasoning right there is one reason we are in the trouble we are in.

Besides, I believe in the Bible before the constitution. Which says help the poor and don't horde riches. Yet that is all the far right is interested in doing - creating poverty to enrich their already rich friends, while continuing and adding to the bankruptcy of this country.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Heck, the observation doesn't even preclude there being problems with the American Right.

It's a well-grounded philosophical and historical observation and in no way precludes the possibility of multiple reasons as to why our country is in decline- ie reasons that transcend the political spectrum.

K

kaylagrl

Thank you, but I'm sure you know plenty I don't. :)
Nah,I know a bit of useless information on several topics. If you get me started on those I go like the wind. And it makes hubby sooo proud.rofl Don't mention Margret Sanger in my presence or we're off to the races.

Jan 6, 2018

You have no idea what you are talking about. The Constitution is about protecting our rights and limiting government. Your idea is about government stealing people's money under the guise of ending poverty yet poverty has only multiplied.

Jan 6, 2018
There is, but it's never gained popularity in the US. American conservatives (even the traditionalist ones) are more Center-Right in that they believe natural hierarchies and universal human dignity exist in tandem.
No, there isn't. There are only American conservatives who believe "all men are created equal " and left wing nut jobs who don't believe that.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Hate to break it to you, but fringe wacko reactionaries exist.

I could introduce you to a few of them if you like :p

No, there isn't. There are only American conservatives who believe "all men are created equal " and left wing nut jobs who don't believe that.

skipp

Mar 6, 2014
No, you are either a Christian saved by grace or you aren’t. Politics are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Plenty of good constitutional believing Americans are going to be burning in the fires of hell after they die. Unless they are saved then they aren’t any different than left wing nut jobs. We are all sinners and when it comes to morality and works we aren’t any better than the left wing nut jobs we mock.

And if if someone isn’t a Christian then it isn’t our place to judge or mock them by calling them “nut jobs”. That’s not how you get disciples into the Kingdom and it completely goes against how Paul and Peter stated that we were supposed to treat pagans.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
You have no idea what you are talking about. The Constitution is about protecting our rights and limiting government. Your idea is about government stealing people's money under the guise of ending poverty yet poverty has only multiplied.
You know, if people would only stop assuming they know what a person is all about... because 99.999% of the time THEY ARE WRONG.

For example, you think that just because I said one word against the right that I must be a left wing nut job. Yet if you took the time to read AND CONSIDER what you have read you would understand that I'm no more a fan of the left wing nut jobs than I am the right wing nut jobs.

But checking the facts and considering arguments just goes against people's preconceived notions. Which is really the thing that will ultimately cause us to be the end-times non-players that we are.

The constitution declares ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. Yet show me a conservative Christian who thinks they truly are.

Likewise, the Bible says if you can work but don't work you shouldn't eat. Show me a liberal Christian who will support that.

BOTH sides are complicit in our decline. And we will continue to decline until people drop their preconceived ideas, open their eyes, and understand that.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Uhhhhhh. Most of them?

You know, if people would only stop assuming they know what a person is all about... because 99.999% of the time THEY ARE WRONG.

For example, you think that just because I said one word against the right that I must be a left wing nut job. Yet if you took the time to read AND CONSIDER what you have read you would understand that I'm no more a fan of the left wing nut jobs than I am the right wing nut jobs.

But checking the facts and considering arguments just goes against people's preconceived notions. Which is really the thing that will ultimately cause us to be the end-times non-players that we are.

The constitution declares ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. Yet show me a conservative Christian who thinks they truly are.

Likewise, the Bible says if you can work but don't work you shouldn't eat. Show me a liberal Christian who will support that.

BOTH sides are complicit in our decline. And we will continue to decline until people drop their preconceived ideas, open their eyes, and understand that.