Less well-known Rapture verses. The case for the Rapture is compelling.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 31, 2021
Yes revealed, then the rapture.
Correct.
Both at the start of the gt.
Oh, boy. Really.

Let's do it again.

2 Thess 2-
1 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters,
2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come.
3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

It is obvious from v.2 that the man of sin is revealed BEFORE the Second Advent AND the gathering.

The so-called "rapture", or more precisely "gathering", occurs AFTER the man of sin is revealed. And he doesn't show up until the midpoint of the Tribulation.

And v.1 shows that the rapture, or more precisely gathering, occurs WHEN Jesus comes at the Second Advent.

The Second Advent does NOT occur before the Tribulation, as you presume.

Jul 23, 2018
Uh, no. You are supposing "My father's kingdom" refers to heaven. There's no reason to do that, since when Jesus comes to earth and sets up His reign, it's still His Father's kingdom.

Citation please.
Jesus said heaven.
Described it vividly.
Re read it.

Citation???
In the last supper dialogue and the bride becomes the wife is in Same place I quoted before. Rev 19

Jan 31, 2021
“When a man has taken a bride, he shall not go out with the army or be assigned to it for any purpose; he shall be exempt one year for the sake of his household, to give happiness to the woman he has married.” (Deuteronomy 24:5)

So bride becomes the wife in heaven around a year or more before the 2nd coming.

That would be complete with marriage supper as described in the last supper dialogue.
If this is the extent of your theory, you in a heap of trouble. There is NO connection between Deut 24:5 and Rev 19.

I'm amazed that anyone would think so. But desperation knows no bounds.

I've shown from 26 available English translations (courtesy of biblehub.com) that "came" isn't used by any of them. And several very clearly translate Rev 19:7 as something about to happen.

You have no argument.

Jan 31, 2021
Jesus said heaven.
Described it vividly.
Re read it.
What specific verse were you thinking about?

Citation???
In the last supper dialogue and the bride becomes the wife is in Same place I quoted before. Rev 19
This isn't any citation. A citation includes the book, the chapter and the verse or verses, thank you.

Jul 23, 2018
If this is the extent of your theory, you in a heap of trouble. There is NO connection between Deut 24:5 and Rev 19.

I'm amazed that anyone would think so. But desperation knows no bounds.

I've shown from 26 available English translations (courtesy of biblehub.com) that "came" isn't used by any of them. And several very clearly translate Rev 19:7 as something about to happen.

You have no argument.
No it just shows you your ability to omit and reject.

It is God's word...but treat it like you have shown before.

Jul 23, 2018
"You have no argument."
Tell it to God he wrote it.
I am just a reporter that puts verses on the table for you to omit

Jul 23, 2018
Oh, boy. Really.

Let's do it again.

2 Thess 2-
1 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters,
2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come.
3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

It is obvious from v.2 that the man of sin is revealed BEFORE the Second Advent AND the gathering.

The so-called "rapture", or more precisely "gathering", occurs AFTER the man of sin is revealed. And he doesn't show up until the midpoint of the Tribulation.

And v.1 shows that the rapture, or more precisely gathering, occurs WHEN Jesus comes at the Second Advent.

The Second Advent does NOT occur before the Tribulation, as you presume.
Yeah do it again.
It still says revealed.

Try real hard to imagine when he is revealed.

Hint....at the first.

Revealed at the first along with the rapture.

I know you need him revealed at the last.

Which is understandable. Some did not know trump was president till his last few days.

Jul 23, 2018
You made " revealed" into: "at the end of the gt"

And

"In heaven" Into:
"The mil"
Hmmmmm....interesting approach.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
This is weird... someone help me out...

I copied and pasted this Greek word [under discussion] (from Rev19:7, at a site where the heading says "Original Text"), it looks like this (which I then C&P into the Search bar on my computer):

" ητοιμασεν " [<--in Rev19:7 -- the word we're presently talking about]

... and this was pretty much at the top of the list of what popped up on the Search:

1 Corinthians 2:9 - Verse-by-Verse Bible Commentary - StudyLight.org

"PREPARED" (<--just like I had pointed out in a previous post)

["what God has prepared" - 1 Corinthians 2:9 Interlinear: but, according as it hath been written, 'What eye did not see, and ear did not hear, and upon the heart of man came not up, what God did prepare for those loving Him -- ' (biblehub.com) -- or "prepared" https://biblehub.com/greek/e_toimasen_2090.htm ]

Here's the part I am not really understanding (on that page), coz I'm not a Greek scholar...

... the part under the "Robertson's" heading... it says (of this exact word in 1Cor2:9, which recall, I just PASTED directly from that original source saying "Original Text" for Rev19:7, he says of the same word in 1Cor2:9):

"Prepared (ητοιμασεν — hētoimasen). First aorist active indicative of ετοιμαζω — hetoimazō "

... my question being, does the underlined ^ hold true for Rev19:7, or no?? ( :geek: :unsure: I dunno! I'm dense.)

Help. = )

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
All this talk of a pre-trib rapture, yet ZERO verses that say or indicate that Jesus takes all resurrected/raptured believers back to heaven. I like to call that a U-turn. There are NO u-turns described in the Bible.

Glad you mentioned that.

2 Thess 2-

The red words refer to the Second Advent.
The green words refer to the gathering (caught up in the clouds when Jesus returns, or rapture)
The blue words refer to the time of the Tribulation.

Nope.
Verse one: rapture.
Verse two: second coming

The topic at hand is: why are Thessalonians an a state of panic, thinking that they are NOW going through THE Tribulation (and were left behind!), despite Paul's earlier teaching that they would be taken OUT OF the Day of the Lord?

Paul reconfirms his earlier teaching (pre-trib Rapture) and repudiates the false letter that was circulating.

Otherwise the Thessalonians would be REJOICING at going through the Tribulation, thinking that Jesus will soon be returning.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
“When a man has taken a bride, he shall not go out with the army or be assigned to it for any purpose; he shall be exempt one year for the sake of his household, to give happiness to the woman he has married.” (Deuteronomy 24:5)

So bride becomes the wife in heaven around a year or more before the 2nd coming.

That would be complete with marriage supper as described in the last supper dialogue.
Absolutely correct. The only way you are going to fully understand the Church/Rapture is to understand the marriage context.

Any other view is quite frankly abhorrent.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Nope.
Verse one: rapture.
Verse two: second coming

The topic at hand is: why are Thessalonians an a state of panic, thinking that they are NOW going through THE Tribulation (and were left behind!), despite Paul's earlier teaching that they would be taken OUT OF the Day of the Lord?
Verse 2 is "[purporting] that the day of the Lord IS PRESENT [PERFECT indicative]" (not His Second Coming to the earth, but the very negative [aspects of that] time period's ARRIVAL which PRECEDES His Second Coming to the earth--not that the "false conveyors" grasped "timing issues" lol).

In 1Th5:2-3, Paul acknowledges that they "KNOW PERFECTLY" the manor of its ARRIVAL (DOTL), which he says is like the INITIAL "birth PANG [SINGULAR]" of a woman in labor... which is the EXACT WORD Jesus used (in the "plural") when He spoke of "the beginning of birth PANGS [PLURAL]"... (which are the EQUIVALENT of the SEALS in Rev6)... so Seal #1 (as we now know it) !

This brings me to the conclusion that the ARRIVAL of those (thus the ARRIVAL of "the DOTL" time-period) IS the INITIAL birth PANG [SINGULAR]" which JESUS SPOKE OF, which is: Matt24:4/Mk13:5 "G5100 - tis - 'A CERTAIN ONE' ['a certain one' bringing deception]" (i.e. SEAL #1 at the START of the trib... aka, what Paul spells out in 2Th2 re: the "whose COMING" [of the "man of sin"]<--"that day" [v.3] will NOT be present [without him and his "parousia / presence" ;) ]--Same point in time as Dan9:27a [26b] "for ONE WEEK [7 yrs]")

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Here's the COLOR-CODED "chart" (a grammar scholar had presented) of the TEXT of 2Th2 which I'd put in a past post (the color thing was his presentation... the rest of the post is mine):

Post #290 - https://christianchat.com/threads/what-is-your-best-proof-for-a-pre-trib-rapture.188798/post-4095977

A cpl more posts along those lines:

Post #577 - https://christianchat.com/threads/what-is-your-best-proof-for-a-pre-trib-rapture.188798/post-4101689

Post #578 - https://christianchat.com/threads/what-is-your-best-proof-for-a-pre-trib-rapture.188798/post-4101691

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017

Have you forgotten we are talking about God?

Why do you assume he is already married before he goes to battle? His return is processional according to the prophets.
The wedding is on the earth after his return. His bride is ready. Ready doesn't mean already married.

Psalm 45
Celebration of a Royal Wedding

For the music director; according to The Lilies. Of the sons of Korah.
A maskil. A song of love.

My heart is moved with a good word;
I recite my compositions to the king.
My tongue is the pen of a skilled scribe.
2 You are the most handsome of the sons of humankind;
grace is poured out on your lips;
therefore God has blessed you forever.
3 Gird your sword on your thigh, O mighty one,
in your splendor and your majesty.

4 And in your majesty ride victoriously,
because of truth and humility and righteousness.
And let your right hand teach you awesome deeds.
5 Your arrows are sharp;
peoples fall under you
in the midst of the king’s enemies.

6 Your throne, O God, is forever and ever.
A scepter of uprightness is
the scepter of your kingdom.
7 You love righteousness and hate wickedness.
Therefore God, your God, has anointed you
from among your companions with festive oil.

Jan 31, 2021
No it just shows you your ability to omit and reject.
Well, you are sure able to sling lots of insults, huh. But where is ANY evidence for your theories? Not in the Bible.

It is God's word...but treat it like you have shown before.
I treat the Word of God as absolute truth, because it is. And you have absolutely NO evidence for your theories.

Jan 31, 2021
"You have no argument."
Tell it to God he wrote it.
I am just a reporter that puts verses on the table for you to omit
I've already asked you to show me any verse that you claim I've omitted. And you can't, obviously.

If you're going to make a claim, it's always best to be prepared to defend it. Because there will always be people who will ASK you to prove your claims.

Which you haven't.

Jan 31, 2021
FreeGrace2 said:
What specific verse were you thinking about?

This isn't any citation. A citation includes the book, the chapter and the verse or verses, thank you.
Ok
Just omit it.
Keep not looking at it
Here's a very good example of your dishonesty. I asked for citations and this is what you give in reply.
You claim that I "omit" verses. And here you are, not even sharing specific verses that I'm asking for.

So don't accuse me of omitting anything if you don't have the decency to provide specific verses when asked.