Less well-known Rapture verses. The case for the Rapture is compelling.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 31, 2021
@FreeGrace2 do you believe the "DOTL" begins with the Trib, or not?
I've been thinking about the "day of the Lord", and while the phrase can refer to an extended period of time, doesn't necessarily always does.

In 2 Thess 2:1-3 the words "that day" in v.3 does refer to the "day of the Lord" in v.2.

However, that phrase in v.2 refers back to "coming of our Lord" in v.1.

There is no way the words "that day" can refer to an extended period of time. Just doesn't make sense.

And Paul was specific about "that day" when the Lord comes to earth, which is the Second Advent. You can be sure that occurs on a single day, not over an extended period of time.

So, v1-3 ALL are about the Second Coming.

Why would Paul make mention of Christ's Second Advent in v.1, and then change over to an extended period of time in v.2 and then say "that day" in v.3 if referring to an extended period of time.

Language is straightforward. ALL of v.1-3 are about "the coming of our Lord".

Jan 31, 2021
Still waiting for a verse pointing to a postrib rapture

Any takers?
This is so funny.

Matt 24:29-31
2 Thess 2:1-3

Since you've not refuted either verse with an explanation that proves otherwise, they stand as written.

The "gathering" or rapture, occurs at the end of the Trib. When Christ returns at the Second Advent.

All you've got is a spiritulized parable.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
I've been thinking about the "day of the Lord", and while the phrase can refer to an extended period of time, doesn't necessarily always does.

In 2 Thess 2:1-3 the words "that day" in v.3 does refer to the "day of the Lord" in v.2.

However, that phrase in v.2 refers back to "coming of our Lord" in v.1.

There is no way the words "that day" can refer to an extended period of time. Just doesn't make sense.

And Paul was specific about "that day" when the Lord comes to earth, which is the Second Advent. You can be sure that occurs on a single day, not over an extended period of time.

So, v1-3 ALL are about the Second Coming.

Why would Paul make mention of Christ's Second Advent in v.1, and then change over to an extended period of time in v.2 and then say "that day" in v.3 if referring to an extended period of time.

Language is straightforward. ALL of v.1-3 are about "the coming of our Lord".
I agree, how can the (Day Of The Lord) come like a thief in the night, if it's a long drawn out process? IT DOESN'T

it's the day when Jesus Christ returns in Judgement

The scripture below is clear, a thief comes quickly and is gone

They will continue in trying to sell ice in the North Pole, but sales are in the negative

1 Thessalonians 5:2-5KJV
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Jan 31, 2021
Runningman said:
Our gathering to Christ doesn't occur until He returns.
The text is not conveying that.
It is conveying that exactly. The words are plain enough.

And only by mis-interpreting v.2 (among other issues) can one come to that wrong conclusion.
Which is what you have done. By saying "that day" in v.3, it is clear that Paul is speaking of a single day, which would be what v.1 is about, "the coming of our Lord", or the Second Advent.

And, as I just explained in a previous post, "day of the Lord" CAN refer to a single day, esp when a single day is mentioned in the PREVIOUS VERSE.

v.1-3 are ALL referring to the SAME EVENT, "the coming of our Lord".

There is NO REASON for Paul to mention the Second Advent in v.1 and then change the subject to an "extended period of time" in v.2 and then refer to that "extended period of time" as "THAT DAY". Makes no sense.

Paul is not conveying that "our gathering doesn't occur until He returns,"... RATHER, the DOTL [from v.2] will not be present, if not shall have come THE Departure FIRST...
Actually, he IS SAYING that clearly. "Our being gathered to Him" is lied with "the coming of our Lord", which is how the Second Advent is described.

Jan 31, 2021
Rev 3
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
This says nothing about being taken to heaven. God kept Israel from "the hour" of judgment of Egypt while they still lived in Egypt.

Luke 21:36
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
Israel ESCAPED the judgment of Egypt.

Postribs claim the opposite.
Nope. We don't. You're wrong.

Mat 25
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

All rapture verses are peacetime with normal activities.
No way is the rapture postrib

You stand there with the WORD OF GOD testifying against you.
Your spiritualized parable does not prove or even say anything about a rapture anywhere.

Jan 31, 2021
Wait till you find out there multiple resurrections, dispensationalist have one for every day of the week, old testament, pre-trib, tribulation saints, church, real big smiles
Let's be clear. A simple "raising from the dead" isn't referring to the FIRST resurrection where all believers receive their glorifed bodies. So let's dispense with all this "multiple resurrections" business.

No. The Bible describes 2. One for believers, at the Second Advent when Christ returns to earth. And one for unbelievers, who are GATHERED at the Great White Throne for judgment.

Rev 20:5 makes that clear.

Regarding the FIRST resurrection, yes, Jesus was resurrected at least 2K years before the believers. It should be obvious to everyone that He is the LEADER. And the Bible describes His resurrection as "the FIRSTFRUITS". 1 Cor 15:23 even puts His resurrection separate from "those who belong to Him".

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Let's be clear. A simple "raising from the dead" isn't referring to the FIRST resurrection where all believers receive their glorifed bodies. So let's dispense with all this "multiple resurrections" business.

No. The Bible describes 2. One for believers, at the Second Advent when Christ returns to earth. And one for unbelievers, who are GATHERED at the Great White Throne for judgment.

Rev 20:5 makes that clear.

Regarding the FIRST resurrection, yes, Jesus was resurrected at least 2K years before the believers. It should be obvious to everyone that He is the LEADER. And the Bible describes His resurrection as "the FIRSTFRUITS". 1 Cor 15:23 even puts His resurrection separate from "those who belong to Him".
John 5:28-29 below shows two resurrection that take place on (The Last Day), the righteous are blessed to be in the (First Resurrection) unto eternal life

The wicked will take place in the (Second Resurrection) to the Lake Of Fire which is the (Second Death)

(First) the resurrection of life

(Second) the resurrection of damnation

(The Last Day Resurrection)

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

(The Last Day Judgement)

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken,
the same shall judge him in the last day.

Jan 31, 2021
John 5:28-29 below shows two resurrection that take place on (The Last Day), the righteous are blessed to be in the (First Resurrection) unto eternal life
I said there were 2 resurrections of humans. But John 5 doesn't speak of them, as you assume.

(First) the resurrection of life

(Second) the resurrection of damnation
Correct. The first one is for believers. The second one is for unbelievers.

No support from Scripture for this one.

[QUOTEJohn 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.[/QUOTE]
A number of translations use "time" instead of "hour".

hóra: a time or period, an hour
Original Word: ὥρα, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: hóra
Phonetic Spelling: (ho'-rah)
Definition: a time or period, an hour
Usage: (a) a definite space of time, a season, (b) an hour, (c) the particular time for anything.

So v.28 is only acknowledging that there is a time when every human being already dead and in the grave will hear Jesus' voice. The verse DOES NOT SAY there is a specific time (hour) when this will occur. If that was true, there would be a horrible conflict with many other verses about when believers and unbelievers will be called from their graves.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

OK, define exactly what "last day" means. Then I'll comment.

(The Last Day Judgement)

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken,
the same shall judge him in the last day.
1. of the natural day, or the interval between sunrise and sunset, as distinguished from and contrasted with night;
2. of the civil day, or the space of twenty-four hours (thus including the night)
3. of the last day of the present age (see αἰών, 3), the day in which Christ will return from heaven, raise the dead, hold the final judgment, and perfect his kingdom, the following expressions are used:

If you demand a literal day is being referred to, that's your business.

But since there are many verses that will conflict with a literal day here, I am sure #3 is the meaning in John 12.

When Jesus returns at the Second Advent, that WILL BE the LAST DAY of the present age.

But Scripture is clear there are more days coming. 1,000 years of days, to be exact. And then an endless eternity, where there will be no more days.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Jesus said He returns "after the tribulation of those days" to gather His elect. He's the authority on this topic since He said it. There's no other acceptable placement of His return other than when He said it would be.
Absolutely true. But his RETURN FROM THE WEDDING is to collect His elect brethren the Israelites. An event which will take place on the earth. So that He might fulfill the promises given to Abraham and THEY might inherit the kingdom on the earth.

However the Church, the Bride is long gone. We are not appointed to wrath. We are in heaven, seen in in Revelation chapters 4 and 5.

Too many so called Churches today muddy the distinction between Church and Israel. As the years go by and the more I study the more I realize that the distinction is utterly stark, sharp, distinct. Blame your pastors they probably don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about. Many don't nowadays you know. Liberal, dumb and dangerous. Getting cranked out of the seminaries and dumb as a bag of rocks, with minds darkened and confused.

Jan 31, 2021
Absolutely true. But his RETURN FROM THE WEDDING is to collect His elect brethren the Israelites. An event which will take place on the earth. So that He might fulfill the promises given to Abraham and THEY might inherit the kingdom on the earth.
The wedding parable says nothing about a rapture. One has to spiritualize the parable to get that from it.

However the Church, the Bride is long gone. We are not appointed to wrath. We are in heaven, seen in in Revelation chapters 4 and 5.
To be clear and specific, by the time of the Tribulation, the VAST MAJORITY of the church WILL ALREADY be in heaven, since they have already died.

When Jesus comes for the living believers, that will represent only a very small % of the church. So your point about Rev 4 and 5 doesn't support your pre-trib view.

There are NO rapture verses that teach that resurrected/raptured believers are taken back to heaven. That is the ONLY WAY TO PROVE a pre-trib rapture.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
I said there were 2 resurrections of humans. But John 5 doesn't speak of them, as you assume.

Correct. The first one is for believers. The second one is for unbelievers.

No support from Scripture for this one.

John 5:28-29KJV
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
A number of translations use "time" instead of "hour".

hóra: a time or period, an hour
Original Word: ὥρα, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: hóra
Phonetic Spelling: (ho'-rah)
Definition: a time or period, an hour
Usage: (a) a definite space of time, a season, (b) an hour, (c) the particular time for anything.

So v.28 is only acknowledging that there is a time when every human being already dead and in the grave will hear Jesus' voice. The verse DOES NOT SAY there is a specific time (hour) when this will occur. If that was true, there would be a horrible conflict with many other verses about when believers and unbelievers will be called from their graves.

OK, define exactly what "last day" means. Then I'll comment.

1. of the natural day, or the interval between sunrise and sunset, as distinguished from and contrasted with night;
2. of the civil day, or the space of twenty-four hours (thus including the night)
3. of the last day of the present age (see αἰών, 3), the day in which Christ will return from heaven, raise the dead, hold the final judgment, and perfect his kingdom, the following expressions are used:

If you demand a literal day is being referred to, that's your business.

But since there are many verses that will conflict with a literal day here, I am sure #3 is the meaning in John 12.

When Jesus returns at the Second Advent, that WILL BE the LAST DAY of the present age.

But Scripture is clear there are more days coming. 1,000 years of days, to be exact. And then an endless eternity, where there will be no more days.
Same Event Seen Below, The Lord Sending Forth His Angel's To Gather, At The (End Of This World)

The Kingdom Seen In Matthew 13:43 Is The (Eternal Kingdom)

(The Harvest Is The End Of The World)

Matthew 13:36-43KJV
36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Matthew 24:29-31KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mar 4, 2020

Too many so called Churches today muddy the distinction between Church and Israel. As the years go by and the more I study the more I realize that the distinction is utterly stark, sharp, distinct. Blame your pastors they probably don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about. Many don't nowadays you know. Liberal, dumb and dangerous. Getting cranked out of the seminaries and dumb as a bag of rocks, with minds darkened and confused.
You do not know as much as you claim to as clearly demonstrated by your own words. I've studied who "the elect" are and it's those who belong to Christ. The elect are 100% without a doubt Christians.

Jesus will send His angels out to gather His elect after the tribulation.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
You do not know as much as you claim to as clearly demonstrated by your own words. I've studied who "the elect" are and it's those who belong to Christ. The elect are 100% without a doubt Christians.

Jesus will send His angels out to gather His elect after the tribulation.
Your 100% correct, the Elect of God is his Church

Dispensationalism tries to pull the wool over the eyes with the false claim, Matthew Chapter 24 is written to Jews God's (Elect), and the gathering seen is the Jews being gathered

Why? because those words in Matthew 24:29 "Immediately After The Tribulation" destroys their pre-trib teaching

Yes, dispensationalism in a pre-trib rapture, is a row boat in the ocean with holes as big as base balls, with no wooden plugs to stop the water, and they stay on the boat, as sharks circle in the water
:giggle:

The Church Is The (Elect) Of God

1 Peter 1:2KJV
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Thessalonians 1:3-4KJV
3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

1 Peter 5:13KJV
13 The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.

Jul 23, 2018
... except Jesus said "after the tribulation of those days ..."
I am guessing you are referring to the second coming on horses?where angels gather...not Jesus?

Where The gathering is from heaven....not earth.?

Context context context.

In the postrib rapture theory, removal of context, and omission of the rapture verses is key and actually promoted.

Acts 1
" like manner"
You see a calvary charge of millions of soldiers on horses killing millions of the enemy, and a groom walking up to a church as EXACTLY THE SAME THING.

That is plain BIZARRE.
A LITERAL IMPOSSIBILITY.

Acts 1
11 and they said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.”

That alone makes the angels liars.
They should have attended a postrib Rapture doctrinal institute.
They had it COMPLETELY BACKWARDS!!

Jul 23, 2018
Says the doctrine with no postrib rapture verse?

Says those that say this;
Acts 1:11 and they said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.”
Is the same as this:
Rev 19
, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many crowns; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. 13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. 15 From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will [e]rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the [f]wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. 16 And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written: “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”

You guys are so busted.
Acts one.
Defend it for me.
Another translation says " the exact same way"

Mat 25.
The rapture.

Fits ONLY PRETRIB.
ACTS 1 COMPLETELY AND FOREVER debunks any hope for a postrib rapture

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
The wedding parable says nothing about a rapture. One has to spiritualize the parable to get that from it.

To be clear and specific, by the time of the Tribulation, the VAST MAJORITY of the church WILL ALREADY be in heaven, since they have already died.

When Jesus comes for the living believers, that will represent only a very small % of the church. So your point about Rev 4 and 5 doesn't support your pre-trib view.

There are NO rapture verses that teach that resurrected/raptured believers are taken back to heaven. That is the ONLY WAY TO PROVE a pre-trib rapture.
Aha. And there is the heresy. You do not beleve in the resurrection of the body. A crucial teaching that Paul develops and makes clear over and over and over again, And one of the elements of the mystery of the Church!

The rapture event brings with it the resurrection of the BODY. A body RAISED, RENEWED and reengineered into a glorious body like that of Jesus. Which is one of the primary reasons for the rapture to begin with. Christ brings with him the souls of them that are asleep......so that they may obtain their glorified bodies along with the living saints at the rapture.

Don't bother trying to erect that doctrinal house of cards that has just been destroyed. Scrap everything and start over. It's the only way you're going to get this right.

Jul 23, 2018
I was waiting for somebody to ask that question.

The rapture is a doctrine of the RCC. Much there is about it that is absolutely unBiblical in terms of context.....such as the Tribulation idea that goes with it.

The cleverness of satanic doctrine is that it's based upon half-truths. There is always a nugget of it that is correct and that can be traced back to physical experience or spiritual guidance of God's Word. It wouldn't be popular with illiterate Christians if it wasn't.

Context Context Context

The rapture is escapist doctrine, context isn't. Context teaches us God will be WITH US in times of trouble. There is NEVER an instance in the Bible where God provides some fantastic form of escape. Did He not provide a way through the Red Sea when the Hebrews were challenged by Pharaoh's army? Did He not walk in the midst of fire with Shadrach, Meshack and Abednego? Where then does the idea of escape from trouble come from? It comes from the devil - the father of all lies and deception.

The Bible promises that Jesus will return one day. It even provides some hints at the season in which this will happen. If all the saints were evacuated, then there would be no need for a return - two, three or four times (depending upon which rapture heresy one admires).

The walk of faith is a walk THROUGH trouble with Christ holding us close and walking with us. This is the nature and essence of faith and confidence in our savior - not escapist lies. Faith encourages courage. Rapture encourages cowardice in the face of trouble.

Yes, Jesus will return one day. I believe it.

I do not subscribe to the rapture/tribulation theory and all that it encompasses - especially anti-Semitic forms of it.

Jew hating Christians like to think they'll escape some global madness that will be thrust upon Jews to punish them and force them into compliance with the church. Context of the Bible insists that believers in Christ become Jews (Romans 2:29). The saved do NOT become members of a church. Church membership does not save, neither is it a ticket to a Star Trek beam out of faithless cowards. Yet the RCC root of FUTURISM, of which rapture/tribulation is a part, is basically anti-Semitic in nature. Which part of that head lopping doctrine is appealing to Jews? None of it. It is as disgusting to any thinking gentile as to anyone born Jewish (or born-again Jewish).

Hope this answers your question.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Our doctrine is easy to defend.

Yours can not honestly be defended.

Note you have not invoked the bible.

...and no red flags???

You are on the wrong path sir.

Me correcting the choir loft

Jul 23, 2018
Same Event Seen Below, The Lord Sending Forth His Angel's To Gather, At The (End Of This World)

36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Congrats.

All you did was first post the post millineal gathering and lof punishment

Then you posted the second coming on horses.

Nothing about the rapture at all.

Jan 31, 2021

I've already explained the two resurrections. One for believers and one for unbelievers. I have no idea where you get your ideas from.

Matt 13 is about the second resurrection, which is for the "tares", or unbelievers. They will be gathered for the Great White Throne.

Matt 24 is about the first resurrection, which is for the believers. All of them at the same event.