Let's Daydream A Little...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
I used to be that sappy poet. It’s not the mere ability to put thought to paper with artistic flair. It is an outpouring of emotion. First you require the muse or inspiration. It’s like electricity being transformed to sensible light. Perhaps it’s not a lack of poets but a lack of inspiration that’s to blame for this fading art.
I use to write poems when I was younger, but it was more light weight until I discovered writing songs was a better and more comfortable taste for me.

I haven’t written in years, but the passion for it still burns within me.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Since this is only a daydream, this is the guy I'm looking for. He does not have to do anything. He can just sit there and look cute.

View attachment 198041
His accent on 300 does it for me.

Come to think of it, men who act in those kind of war/barbaric roles who have the Irish/Scottish accent does it.

I’m also a fan of gingers. Lol.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I can write from dawn 'til dusk or dusk 'til dawn, but I hate writing "heavy" things such as research papers, and though I tried to dabble in poetry during my teen angst years, I really couldn't write a poem to save my life.
Yeah, it was buried pretty deep in your stash of old computer files.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Sweet thread :) You keep holding out for that guy thats just as sappy and if you find him ask him of he has a single brother for me ;)

I'd enjoy someone who is just as happy doing nothing ( hanging around the house watching a movie tralking ect...) as going out alot . Someone kind and considerate.

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
If you're going to pee on somebody else's dreams, at least bring yours out here for us to pee on. It's only fair. :whistle:
Ok fair enough..

Id like her to look like an angel..
Body of a model..
Smart as a university professor..
With the morals of a pastors wife..
Who loves Jesus.
And can cook

There..
Now you can crap on my rainbow :geek:

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
Ok fair enough..

Body of a model..
Who loves Jesus.
And can cook

There..
Does she exist? Lol!

Sorry please don't be mad...

But do you have a more realistic answer?

A

AuntieAnt

Sadly, I think poets are a dying breed, and writing in general is a lost art.

I'm not even sure if they teach anything about how to put one's thoughts into words anymore? I remember in grade school, learning how to write letters, and even different kinds of letters (formal block, semi-block, informal, etc.) was a big deal.

Now days I don't think anyone learns much about writing except for abbreviated texts (HowRU?) I think it's incredibly difficult to put one's thoughts into words, especially in today's world. I think people have all the emotions and inspiration, but not the means, because they're not sure what words or what order to use in order to express them.

And it's funny how those who do put their thoughts into writing have limitations as well.

I can write from dawn 'til dusk or dusk 'til dawn, but I hate writing "heavy" things such as research papers, and though I tried to dabble in poetry during my teen angst years, I really couldn't write a poem to save my life.

So... as far as romance goes... I can tuck love notes and letters in your car, briefcase, and Spider-man lunchbox (my dream guys DOES own a Spider-man lunchbox, right?!) without hesitation, but unfortunately...

It would be a most grievous crime...
If my guy expected me to use verse and rhyme.
Be encouraged, all you dear romantic hearts: Poets are alive and well! I myself write poetry and am a member of a writer’s site where just as many men as women from all over the world submit their poetry day after day - beautiful romantic exquisite intriguing (and humorous) poems! And there are oodles of poetry contests online all the time.

Did you know there are well over 50 writing styles of poetry? Haiku, hybronnet, diamante, dramatic dialogue, ekphrasis, epulae ryu, quatern, quintain, sonnet, sestina, to name a few.

Just last week I borrowed a book from our local library called, “Poetry As Survival” by Gregory Orr. It was actually recommended by one of the librarians and gets exceptional reviews on Goodreads. So take heart, as long as people dream and desire, poetry will never die.

Here’s one I wrote back in 2009 called “hummingbird”

hummingbird.jpg

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
We purposely sing out of tune together. It’s fun!

Lololol

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
Why sad? This is the daydream thread. Dreams should make you happy.
Is that what people do?
Why sad? This is the daydream thread. Dreams should make you happy.
Im sad because the girl I described is probably taken..
Maybe I can be like the guy from 300 and bulldose my way through the guy.
And win her over with a poem..

Since its just a dream.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Ok fair enough..

Body of a model..
Who loves Jesus.
And can cook

There..
But why does she have to be as smart as a university professor if men are always supposed to have authority over her anyway? Are you saying she has to be that smart in order to try understand everything the men were tryng to teach her? (Reference to another thread.) :p:geek::devilish:

Sorry, TLC. :LOL:

I'm just totally picking on you - welcome to the Singles Forum. :cool:

A

AuntieAnt

Hmmm... let's see: a man who is God's BFF... who is so eccentric & geeky, he thinks I'm normal.... who doesn't get annoyed with my vast tastes in music... and is at least my height. Anything else I think I can adjust to. :unsure:

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Word on the street is I write poetry, prose, and songs. Usually about the other side of love though, nobody
wants a song written about them from me.
I have also been known to buy flowers, but I think that 9mm was a much better show of love.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I have also been known to buy flowers, but I think that 9mm was a much better show of love.
o_O

Given as a gift or pointed at? If as a gift, there are better handguns that could have been used. :p

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Maybe honorable men aren't that rare, maybe they're just silent and in hiding. After all when was the last time you saw an honorable, morally upright guy portrayed in a positive light in any sort of media? I think it may just be there's a lot of pressure on guys to not appear too good or honorable. Nice guys finish last and all that.

So guys if you're secretly harboring moral excellence and desire to do what's right and pleasing to God, be proud, be bold, and make some good women glad there are still guys like you around (even if you draw criticism from the bad ones). And ladies, let's praise the guys for doing good and not treat it like everyone does that when we know they don't.
1000 BAMs!!!

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Is that Gerard Butler?

If so, he has an awesome accent. He could just sit there and talk all day and I'd be happy.

Isn't it so funny how people's speaking voices are sometimes different than what you'd ever expect?

I've seen commercials advertising fights with Conor McGregor where he's screaming and yelling and threatening people like a mad man. And then I happened to hear part of an interview with him and I was astonished at how soft spoken he was when answering the interviewer.

And, of course, he has an amazing accent. In between beating people up, I'm pretty sure he could make relaxation recordings as a side job.
Gerard butler or Jeffrey Dean Morgan, such dreamy thoughts, lol. I appreciate your mind, Sis.

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
But why does she have to be as smart as a university professor if men are always supposed to have authority over her anyway? Are you saying she has to be that smart in order to try understand everything the men were tryng to teach her? (Reference to another thread.) :p:geek::devilish:

Sorry, TLC. :LOL:

I'm just totally picking on you - welcome to the Singles Forum. :cool:
Because its hard to keep dialog with someone with rocks for brains. It would be nice for them to have something interesting to talk about.

Someone with substance. Is that better?

I dont need an actual professor who is going to try to correct me or teach me a lesson. That would be contentious.

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
Word on the street is I write poetry, prose, and songs. Usually about the other side of love though, nobody
wants a song written about them from me.
You bought a girl a gun? Thats kinda ballsy.. or not fully thought through dont you think?

You gave a girl a gun. Women are emotial beings, you sure thats a good idea? And you find yourself on the singles forum flaunting poetry skills and writing songs like some brad paisley. And she aint gonna find out about all this?

Tell me you bought her blanks lol or you better run!