Let's Daydream A Little...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
What are some of the things you hope for your future spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend to do for you? Like what are some of the things that he/she can do to make you feel extra special, loved and cared for?

Here are some of mine...
For him to write a song about me and maybe sing it to me. If he knows how to sing, that is. Or he can write a poem about me. They both work! lol
For him to hold my hand in public and dance with me when it's appropriate. I have never danced with someone before. I would be so nervous. haha

* A man who holds his wife's hand at home is more romantic, I think.
* And it's even more romantic when he dances with you even if it is inappropriate - literally dancing like nobody's watching - that's hawt.
* You don't have to worry about not having to dance even once in your life - you will dance like that couple in Dirty Dancing when you meet the right guy, with that intense eye contacts and all.

Opening the car door for me
Writing me love letters
Buying me roses (it doesn't have to be often but I think every man should buy his woman roses at least once)

* The term 'it doesn't have to be often' is kinda scary, to be honest, because either twice a week or once every 5 years can fit the description depends on who you ask - so I suggest you let him know what your definition of 'often' is : )
* Lastly, while I am not very familiar with the Little Mermaid, I think it was worth the hassle for her at the end and hope you find someone who is also worth the hassle as well.

I know I know I'm a hopeless romantic...I am sappy and silly but I just can't help it! :giggle::giggle::ROFL:

For our married friends...what are some of the things your spouse does that make you feel special?

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
What are some of the things you hope for your future spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend to do for you? Like what are some of the things that he/she can do to make you feel extra special, loved and cared for?

Here are some of mine...
For him to write a song about me and maybe sing it to me. If he knows how to sing, that is. Or he can write a poem about me. They both work! lol
For him to hold my hand in public and dance with me when it's appropriate. I have never danced with someone before. I would be so nervous. haha
Writing me love letters
Buying me roses (it doesn't have to be often but I think every man should buy his woman roses at least once)

I know I know I'm a hopeless romantic...I am sappy and silly but I just can't help it! :giggle::giggle::ROFL:

For our married friends...what are some of the things your spouse does that make you feel special?
I written songs and poems for my women.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
You bought a girl a gun? Thats kinda ballsy.. or not fully thought through dont you think?

You gave a girl a gun. Women are emotial beings, you sure thats a good idea? And you find yourself on the singles forum flaunting poetry skills and writing songs like some brad paisley. And she aint gonna find out about all this?

Tell me you bought her blanks lol or you better run!
Men can be pretty emotional too. And they can think they are smart when they ain't.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I dont need an actual professor who is going to try to correct me or teach me a lesson. That would be contentious.
Yup, only one contentious person allowed in a relationship. If you tried to marry another contentious person it would be hell on wheels. If only YOU are contentious it will work out fine. Sure. :whistle:

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
Yup, only one contentious person allowed in a relationship. If you tried to marry another contentious person it would be hell on wheels. If only YOU are contentious it will work out fine. Sure. :whistle:
That will never work. Contentious is a marriage killer.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
You bought a girl a gun? Thats kinda ballsy.. or not fully thought through dont you think?

You gave a girl a gun. Women are emotial beings, you sure thats a good idea? And you find yourself on the singles forum flaunting poetry skills and writing songs like some brad paisley. And she aint gonna find out about all this?

Don't know very many smart girls, do you. Where I'm from, just about all the girls know how to shoot, My cousin Melody got the first official Elk tag, and got a nice 6X6 bull. I taught my daughters how to shoot when they were in grade school. After being saved, I quit carrying guns, but I understand that most people do.
I only know of one guy getting shot. He beat up his wife pretty bad, and she got her .22 and shot him in the head. The bullet went under his scalp-leaving a permanent, crooked half inch part.

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
Don't know very many smart girls, do you. Where I'm from, just about all the girls know how to shoot, My cousin Melody got the first official Elk tag, and got a nice 6X6 bull. I taught my daughters how to shoot when they were in grade school. After being saved, I quit carrying guns, but I understand that most people do.
I only know of one guy getting shot. He beat up his wife pretty bad, and she got her .22 and shot him in the head. The bullet went under his scalp-leaving a permanent, crooked half inch part.
Yes there are many smart girls bro. And they mature alot faster then guys. Thats the problem with men. We dont grow up til our 30s. A man aint a man till he hits about 25. Thats the starting point. Thats just been my observation. I deal with alot of young men.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
On our engagement day, my now husband and I went to the shooting range lol

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Many years ago,
I wrote a poem for someone.
It was cringeworthy.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
That will never work. Contentious is a marriage killer.
I sure hope you're single then. You have been contentious all over the forum this week.

L

LittleMermaid

Thats very very sappy.. lol
Sing you a song he wrote? Who is this guy justin bieber?

Write you a poem.. they still make those?

My bad this just seems really really overly romantic. Like hollywood or romance novel type story. Fairytales if you will.. How old are you?
I will be 30 in a few months. :giggle:
JB is married and I'm not really into guys with a bunch of tattoos. :sneaky:
Yes, people still write songs and poems. They are called hobbies. I'm a writer myself. I love it!
It is a thread where we can daydream...it's supposed to be romantic, sappy, and fairytale like. It's not meant to be serious. :p

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Have I been. Well hope not with any women. Men is a whole other issue
Nah, with the women you have only been really condescending. I guess they aren't worth the contention.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018

Here are some of mine...
Writing me love letters

Well, since we're daydreaming and Gerard Butler was brought up, here goes. I'd like to have GB in Phantom of the Opera fight over me with Raoul, Patrick Wilson his rival and I be Emmy Rossen. That is romance w/lyrics and drama.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
My two all-time favorite superhero crushes were Superman and Spiderman. I just wanted them to take me flying or swinging around the city (and possibly confront anyone who bullied me in school with some kind of superpowered lesson in leaving me alone.)

I just wanted one of them to be my boyfriend, was that too much to ask?

However, after seeing the latest reboot of the Spiderman franchise... Instead of wanting Peter Parker to be my boyfriend, I felt like I should be packing his lunch, driving him to school, and patting him on the head as I dropped him off.

Sigh.

Does it mean you're getting old when you go from seeing your favorite childhood characters as a sibling instead of a significant other? :(

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I may have written poems or personalized stories for people in the past. These days I don't write much, at least not outside of forum posts and messages.

A

AuntieAnt

Women are emotional? Women can't be trusted with a gun? Then can you please explain why the jail cells are filled mostly with men and therapists' offices with women? :unsure:

A gentleman flaunting his poetry skills is much more to be desired than a guy flaunting his male chauvinism, that's for darn sure. :sneaky:

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
Im gonna get back to real life. Ill let you girls dream lol