Let's Discuss Black Lives Matter...The Movement

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lenna

You may not be aware that BLM is actually a global movement. Their name is a cover for their actual activities, which include what they call 'disrupting' the nuclear family and replacing it with extended families and 'villages'. At one time, the actual wording was they desired the destruction of nuclear families.

The organization is run by trained Marxists, in other words they have an agenda are enacting it and pulling the wool over people's eyes by pretending to be all about black lives. That, is not racial justice. Antifa has long since infiltrated this so called movement and they have tweeted 'that Joe Biden owes them'. Antifa, the Biden group will tell you, is not connected to the party, but as of August, the Antifa site redirects to the Biden campaign site.

Biden bunch may not think they are supporting Antifa or vice versa, but that is not what Antifa thinks.

On its website, it lists many goals – the majority of which most people would support, like:

• "We work vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people."
But despite such mainstream ideas, leaders of Black Lives Matter come from a far-Left point of view.

Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors revealed, "Myself and Alicia, in particular, are trained organizers. We are trained Marxists. We are super-versed on, sort of, ideological theories."

The group takes positions many Americans would find very controversial source

silly me would like this to be a serious discussion with sources listed, although certainly opinions are fine but let's have some substance to what you think and not just 'nah nah nah nah nah' as has appeared in threads in the news forum lately. If this thread posts, I have no delusions that everyone will agree to how I would like this thread to go. but it would be nice

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I used to support them until I realize they're not what they seem to be
also the entire movement is based on a false narrative
The idea that police officers are just deliberately hunting black people is simply not true
also according to a Sam Harris podcast I was listening to, a Black or Hispanic police officer is statistically more likely to kill someone
Or the way they turn violent criminals into martyrs

L

lenna

I used to support them until I realize they're not what they seem to be
also the entire movement is based on a false narrative
The idea that police officers are just deliberately hunting black people is simply not true
also according to a Sam Harris podcast I was listening to, a Black or Hispanic police officer is statistically more likely to kill someone
Or the way they turn violent criminals into martyrs

appreciate your response

Mar 23, 2016
Interesting Tucker Carlson interview with Jason Whitlock ... not really a discussion concerning blm in and of itself but "black" as it pertains to skin color and why he is appalled about this push ...

Mar 23, 2016
back to the topic at hand ... Jason Whitlock concerning blm:

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Of course I believe that black lives matter and of course I believe that police officers who break the law should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law
But dang near burning down entire cities over violent criminals is asinine

Feb 28, 2016
how grievous is it to have to sit by and watch 'the prince of the power of the air',
pitting brothers and sisters against one-another'???
blood is blood
skin is skin
who brought in hair
who brought in color
who brought in skin
who brought in sin???

L

lenna

how grievous is it to have to sit by and watch 'the prince of the power of the air',
pitting brothers and sisters against one-another'???
blood is blood
skin is skin
who brought in hair
who brought in color
who brought in skin
who brought in sin???
sorry, but I do not see how any person, Christian or otherwise, can go along with BLM

are you just sitting by? I surely am not just sitting by

surely you are aware that the devil uses people for his objectives?

I do not see the point of your post other than to possibly engender guilt in people who quite possibly are very active in working for the good of others and that would include prayer

ignorance is not bliss

btw, isn't God the One who made people in different colors and confounded their languages so they would not be able to attain higher than perhaps the devil himself?

if I have somehow confused your intentions, please do let me know

Feb 28, 2016
dear lenna,
hub and I have just taken 'poetic-license' to express and respond...
'BLM is TOTALLY anti-American and totally 'SATANIC'...

(((we are LETTING YOU KNOW, in plain words just how WE FEEL)))
'we LOVE YOU'...

L

lenna

dear lenna,
hub and I have just taken 'poetic-license' to express and respond...
'BLM is TOTALLY anti-American and totally 'SATANIC'...

(((we are LETTING YOU KNOW, in plain words just how WE FEEL)))
'we LOVE YOU'...
well yes they certainly are...in fact anti anything godly and satanic as you state

I did not find your words plain, so thank you for making them so

thank you and sorry if I offended you

Feb 28, 2016
dear Lenna,
your humility and understanding has so humbled us both...
TY dear one: grace and peace to you...

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I do believe we need some police reform though. In America is way too easy to get a badge and a gun

L

lenna

dear Lenna,
your humility and understanding has so humbled us both...
TY dear one: grace and peace to you...
oh my...I don't think I deserve all that...but thank you! :love:

L

lenna

I do believe we need some police reform though. In America is way too easy to get a badge and a gun
well I don't now how easy it is, but it is a thankless task these days

it's a mess right now

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
well I don't now how easy it is, but it is a thankless task these days

it's a mess right now
Some countries require a college degree to work in law enforcement.
in America you can take some kid fresh out of high school give him a few weeks of training and he has a badge and a gun

L

lenna

in America you can take some kid fresh out of high school give him a few weeks of training and he has a badge and a gun
well like I said, I don't know the process

my own dad was in law enforcement, but in Canada

they did not just give him a badge and a gun

I'm not sure anyone is in a big hurry to tote a badge at this moment. guess we'll see how it goes

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Obviously you are not overly aware of the hiring process for law enforcement (at least not those of major departments).

In my younger years (30 years ago) I applied to both California Highway Patrol and L.A. County Sheriff Dept. First of all you couldn't even apply until you were 20 because California (like most states) requires a person to be 21 years old prior to becoming an officer on the street. If you began the application process at 20 it would take a year to complete the application process and the academy.

The actual application process involved filling out a nearly 20 page application that includes every address you have ever lived at, every school you have ever attended, every job you have ever had, etc. in addition, signing dozens of release of information waivers (one for every prior employer and school attended) so they can obtain full school transcripts and disciplinary files and full employee files.

Once they have all the application paperwork on file then you do an interview with a background investigator who goes over the application page by page with you to verify that all the information is accurate and that nothing was omitted. That investigator then digs into your background to the extent of knocking on doors in the neighborhoods that you have lived in and talking with former (and current) neighbors.

Of course you can't forget about the psychological, medical, reading and writing comprehension, and physical testing processes and somewhere mixed into this whole mess you have an actual interview by a panel of six or seven interviewers and all of this just to get a numerical ranking (assuming you didn't get dropped due to not scoring high enough on any one of those tests) that determines your position in line for the academy.

If you actually get hired you have to survive a 6 month academy which not every one does.

As to college, 30 years ago it wasn't a requirement for either department that I had applied for but a college degree did get you additional points on your numerical ranking in which case few applicants that weren't college grads actually would see the academy whereas today most major departments require a minimum of an associates degree.

These are the minimum requirements for Colorado Springs PD

Police Recruit

This position is for applicants who have no prior law enforcement experience or less than three years of paid experience as a law enforcement officer. The minimum qualifications for Police Recruit are:

• You must be by the date of hire at least 21 years of age. There is not a maximum age cutoff.
  • You must not have been convicted of a felony.
  • You must not have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
  • You must not have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime that would affect your ability to certify with the Colorado Police Officer Standards and Training (POST) Board. Visit the POST website (link is external) for a list of misdemeanors that will preclude police officer certification.
  • You must have, by date of hire, an Associate Degree or 60 college semester hours. A national or regional accrediting organization recognized by the Unites States Department of Education must accredit the school or institution granting the degree or credits.*

Of Course EVERY state has minimum criteria for LEO that MUST be met regardless of the size of the department.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
You may not be aware that BLM is actually a global movement.
Correct. It is a global movement funded and organized by globalists such ad George Soros. It has nothing to do with making black lives matter. But it has everything to do with using racial tensions as an excuse to steal, kill, and destroy (Satan's agenda). Soros has also been funding Leftists to become AGs in many states in order to undermine the rule of law in the USA. The fraudulent *victory* of Joe Biden was a part of that scheme.

There is a high probability that Soros is either a demon or demon possessed, but he has been investing his billions for just one goal -- total chaos and anarchy in order to establish the New World Order (which they are now calling "the Great Reset and using the COVID scamdemic to take control of populations across the world).

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
BLM wants cops dead.
Under normal circumstances it would have been declared a domestic terrorist organization (along with Antifa), and all its members would have been rounded up and locked up. Instead all law enforcement agencies stood by and allowed the destruction of American (and foreign) cities. Even those who were arrested were immediately released so that they could resume their criminal activities.