Let's play Bible Trivia!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 29, 2019
OK, it might be a bit tough.

(a) Ezekiel 28
The chapter is in multiple parts. The first portion (vv1-10) is addressed to 'the prince of Tyre', who is clearly a man and probably the earthly king of Tyre. ('you are a man and not a god' - i think it was not unusual for kings/emporers/pharaohs to set themselves up as gods).

The second portion (vv12-19) is addressed to 'the king of Tyre' but appears to be really addressed to Satan, and referring to his fall. ('you were in Eden the garden of God' and 'you were the anointed cherub', 'you were perfect in your ways ..until iniquity was found in you'. These cannot be referring to a man.

And so, Satan's native tongue?

(b) John 8.44
Jesus in arguing with the Jews says,
'You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.'

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Ok great question. Thank you for helping with the answer.

Sep 6, 2014
(a) Who was referred to as 'the model of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty'?
(b) What is his native language?
Ithobaal I also known as Ethbaal, his language was Phoenician.
Also mentioned in the following verse.

1 Kings 16:31
And it came to pass, as if it had been a light thing for him to walk in the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, that he took to wife Jezebel the daughter of Ethbaal king of the Zidonians, and went and served Baal, and worshipped him.

What King in his third year of reign made a feast and how long did it last?
Ahasuerus (some translate Xerxes),
180 days for his princes, servants, and nobles.
Afterward, 7 days for great and small in Shushan (Susa) where the palace was.

What other books of the Old Testament, besides Esther, mention Shushan?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Where did Jacob put all the idols He took from everyone?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Kk, :D, what were the name of the two pillers in front of the first temple in Jerusalem?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Great question!

I'm thinking they are construction terms........:unsure: Lever and Fulcrum? Something like that.........:unsure:
Clever answer but here lies our answer.

Thus he set up the pillars at the porch of the nave; and he set up the right pillar and named it Jachin, and he set up the left pillar and named it Boaz.
1 Kings 7:21 NASB

I am curious to know what those names mean. Hmmmm...🤔

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Clever answer but here lies our answer.

Thus he set up the pillars at the porch of the nave; and he set up the right pillar and named it Jachin, and he set up the left pillar and named it Boaz.
1 Kings 7:21 NASB

I am curious to know what those names mean. Hmmmm...🤔
Boaz means “in strength.”

Jachin means “he that strengthens and makes steadfast.”

Where did I get “Lever” and “Fulcrum” from.......:unsure:

Oh yea, it was a video I watched about secret passageways and secret compartments Solomon supposedly built in the Temple so that the priests could hide sacred things when Jerusalem was under attack.......those two pillars were how to access the secret places - one acted as a fulcrum and the other as a lever.....sorry, it was a video, not in the scriptures..opps! :giggle:

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Ok, I'll ask another. I find it another useful way to learn, like it is when researching for the answers.

Being afraid, where did Saul hide when they tried to make him King?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
No takers, huh?

While some sayin luggage, to me the text says amongst the baggage.

Therefore they inquired further of the Lord , “Has the man come here yet?” So the Lord said, “Behold, he is hiding himself by the baggage.”
1 Samuel 10:22 NASB

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
No takers, huh?

While some sayin luggage, to me the text says amongst the baggage.

Therefore they inquired further of the Lord , “Has the man come here yet?” So the Lord said, “Behold, he is hiding himself by the baggage.”
1 Samuel 10:22 NASB
He was a basket-case as a king too. ;)

Mar 29, 2019
I always feel a bit sorry for poor old Saul. He never wanted to be king, God chose him. But he certainly went off the rails at the end. I can only trust in God's judgment what happens to him at the end.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
In what chapter of Numbers does Miriam and Aaron die, and where do they die?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I always feel a bit sorry for poor old Saul. He never wanted to be king, God chose him. But he certainly went off the rails at the end. I can only trust in God's judgment what happens to him at the end.
Saul lived in fear. If he had focused on knowing and loving God, he would have overcome the fear of people and would have been able to have a close relationship with God.