"LGBT RIGHTS"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Exaclty. And I'd like to add to this. As arbiters of this kind of thought, those who profess 'sight' should also realize that we cannot expect others to perform or to exist within the scopes of the same moral perspectives that we do.

Just because, as a seeker of the truth, I might set high standards of morality for myself, it isn't inherently 'holy' to inflict this on others. That's the calling to be 'above', and that's what it's about. Do I view people as cattle needing herded and branded since I'm 'better' and 'smarter' and 'more moral', or are others those whom the person with responsibility, wisdom and transcendant understanding must love as an eagle-sighted man loves a blind child?

Not that I am 'better' than others, simply that I am free.

- when you know yourselves.
The bible talks about sitting down to eat with people. It says that we can eat whatever they are eating, if we ask no questions as to where the food comes from. If we are told that it was food that was sacrificed to idols then we are not supposed to eat. Why? Because sacrificing to idols is something christianity is against.

Same thing with baking wedding cakes. Its fine as long as no questions are asked as to what kind of a wedding it is. But if a christian is told it is for a homosexual wedding then their conscious will not allow it. It would be the same as putting their stamp of approval on homosexual weddings. A christian could not do that, its against God.

You know, the weak brother and the strong brother...

Is it morally right to support peoples views that cause them to be alienated from God and in danger of Hell?

What does the bible say about knowing what is right and not doing it?

Jan 13, 2014
Why hey obey one commandment and not the other? 613 exist. Do you eat pork? Do you have a cotton and wool blend clothing item? These are also the truth...
We need to keep the whole word of God that he gave to us christians.
If you pray and trust in his holy spirit he will show you what applies to us now, since we have no more sacrificial system...
He told us to do...
and Paul put it up well...

Feb 7, 2014
The people who lived in sodom and gomorrha who were NOT perverts died also

it has a lot to do with the worlds destruction and it is our job to save as many people as possible.

That story is so full of contradictions it's not even funny. Lot tries to hook up his daughters to two men but they are not homosexuals? It was implied in the story that all of the men in town wanted to rape lots guests. So he offers his daughters up for a gang bang...? So then he gets these two men who were there to rape the angels but somehow they don't know about it?

then his virgin daughters rape the dad...?

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
Why hey obey one commandment and not the other? 613 exist. Do you eat pork? Do you have a cotton and wool blend clothing item? These are also the truth...
Do you read the New Testament? Do you not understand that Jesus removed the binding of not eating pork? There are many references in the NT that tell us that it is not what the man eats that defiles him but what comes out of his heart. New covenant. But, hey, guess what? The NT still speaks out against homosexuality, calling it unnatural and sinful and that the punishment of those who do it receive it within their own bodies (Romans 1).

And, yet again, you cannot compare apples to oranges. Eating pork is not the same as sexual immorality. Jesus did not tell us to flee pig roasts, did He? Nope. But He did, however, tell us to flee sexual immorality. Find a commandment regarding sexual impurity that we ignore and then, maybe, you'd have a legitimate argument.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
Trying to explain the bible to you is like trying to explain calculus to someone who has only mastered fourth-grade math. You can't understand it because of your limited knowledge. Come back when you're on a higher level of understanding.

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
That story is so full of contradictions it's not even funny. Lot tries to hook up his daughters to two men but they are not homosexuals? It was implied in the story that all of the men in town wanted to rape lots guests. So he offers his daughters up for a gang bang...? So then he gets these two men who were there to rape the angels but somehow they don't know about it?

then his virgin daughters rape the dad...?
Firstly, he didn't try to hook up his daughters with two men. He was going to sacrifice his daughters purity to all the men who had surrounded his house. Secondly, God did not approve of this. This was man's way of handling the issue, not God's, which is why God blinded the men surrounding the house and the angels told Lot and his family to flee. Had Lot chosen to remain, well, then he would have died with the rest. The actions of the daughters were also man's attempt to supply the answers than waiting on God's. I think you need to read the story closer.

Feb 7, 2014
While I might not be a master of the bible or calculus I do enjoy both.

Perhaps you should stop judging people...

Dec 16, 2012
So what is your point!!!

Is that really all you have to say? A really well written outlook on an on going issue in the Christian community and 1) I don’t believe you actually read it through 2) I don’t believe for a moment you’ve understood it. If you want to come into a bible discussion thread, being the first to respond, you might want to reply with something slightly more educated and challenging than this base comment. Also that 28 size italicized coloured kindergarten looking font is just inappropriate in serious discussion. It reflects immediately how insubstantial your comment is and the sort of person you are who would post in this manner to start with.

Thanks, I wanted the OP to invest her in her thread. But I do thank you again. What charolette need to understand is most American are willing to accept the sexual orientation. I have lived around gays all my life and personally have nothing against them. However, there is a small percentage that will exhibit behavior that I find repulsive that I will avoid telling on CC. But I think you know what I mean. Gays find me attractive and many will go out of their way to satisfy me in the service industry. I must say I am very well treated by the majority of them However, I am also a target for the abuse.

I am not going to be ‘invested’ in this sub par response that you replied with. Two very simple tips: Sentences don’t begin with a ‘but’ and make a attempt to get the original posters name spelled correctly.

This the most convoluted paragraph of incomprehensible words I’ve seen you post in my thread. You may want to take a literacy course for adults.

Lastly, I am in no way interested in hearing about how ‘gays find you attractive’ or that they’re wiling to ‘satisfy you’. Not only does that have nothing to do with what I posted, but it is perverse and inappropriate and doesn’t belong here. The fact that you have to be told something like this only tells me how questionable your state of mind is start with.

B

biscuit

Is that really all you have to say? A really well written outlook on an on going issue in the Christian community and 1) I don’t believe you actually read it through 2) I don’t believe for a moment you’ve understood it. If you want to come into a bible discussion thread, being the first to respond, you might want to reply with something slightly more educated and challenging than this base comment. Also that 28 size italicized coloured kindergarten looking font is just inappropriate in serious discussion. It reflects immediately how insubstantial your comment is and the sort of person you are who would post in this manner to start with.

I am not going to be ‘invested’ in this sub par response that you replied with. Two very simple tips: Sentences don’t begin with a ‘but’ and make a attempt to get the original posters name spelled correctly.

This the most convoluted paragraph of incomprehensible words I’ve seen you post in my thread. You may want to take a literacy course for adults.

Lastly, I am in no way interested in hearing about how ‘gays find you attractive’ or that they’re wiling to ‘satisfy you’. Not only does that have nothing to do with what I posted, but it is perverse and inappropriate and doesn’t belong here. The fact that you have to be told something like this only tells me how questionable your state of mind is start with.[/QUOTE

I will say it again "what's your point?" You haven't given us a clue as to what you want to say. Created a thread ... then you just took off???? There are 249 posts and how many of those are yours?? Maybe 2 or 3 ?? I rest my case. Okay, you don't have anything major to say, therefore, I will bid you goodnight.

Last edited by a moderator:

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
The church calling their lifestyles sinful has not changed and I do not hear LGBTers asking for the right to change the dogmas of the church. They might wish to not be screamed at: You are going to hell!!!! To ad nauseum.
If you care to do your homework you will find that one of their main objective IS to get the church to change its dogma as they know that the church is the last bastion of truth that will stand against their lies. That is one of the reasons they have introduced the Queen Janes Version of the bible. It contains passages that imply God loves homosexuals and their sin.

Somehow people think America is a church or must abide by church dogmas. Let the gays have their rights in America, your church does not have to marry them or accept their lifestyle.
Again do your homework. Already there have been cases where ministers have been taken to court because they would not marry two men and the homosexual radicals are fighting an all out war to get the church to accept their death style.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
you guys get all amped up over homosexuals , I just do not get it.
When one is assaulted verbally and physically by someone like the homosexual radicals, does one just sit round the camp fire and sing Kumbya?

The homosexuals have made their homosexuality an issue for the church and it is very difficult to bury your head in the sand and pretend it is not happening, especially as they have produced a position paper that states they want to quash all opposition to their demands and turn society into a reflection of their image so that they can have sex on tap without any repercussions and that includes sex with minors.

As I have two children and eight grandchildren, I have no intention of allowing that to happen.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
Why can't any of you just answer the question?

If god had originally said that homosexuality was fine.. Would you agree with him. That's all I'm asking.
The question is irrelevant as God cannot go against his own word or his nature.

john832

May 31, 2013
If you find everything in the bible that God tells people not to do in the old testament, or that god called an abomination, then tell me whether you have followed all these rules.

The point is, these people don't particularly care what you have to say, since you focus all your energies on this crusade of 'we are better than them' and 'oh dear, no, we can't have homosexuality now, that would be awful', when you are guilty of a multitude of sins of your own.

You don't like people to define you by your sin, and neither do they.

When Jesus said 'take the log from your own eye', he wasn't just talking about having some metaphysical beliefs. When you come to the reality and have entered the kingdom of God, searched within you and know yourself, and see the light shining from God, then I would say that you have the authority to charge and command on other peoples' shortcomings since you have none left to overcome yourself.

As of yet, they don't want to hear you, and you simply don't have the means to make your words so pertinent and consistent that they do hear you, so why speak? It's a great showing of a person's methods for them to be tested by people they just can't help but focus upon and hate.

If these people really care to find the God you offer, there is an abundance of means for them to do it. They don't need your condemnation.
OK, I don't have an answer as good as the Apostle Paul, so I'll let him speak...

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

D

danschance

Why can't any of you just answer the question?

If god had originally said that homosexuality was fine.. Would you agree with him. That's all I'm asking.
If God said homosexuality was fine , then I would be fine with it. Keep in mind I never condemn homosexuals unless I am asked what I believe and even then I show tolerance and love in hopes they will find Jesus. I do believe what God said about it and I do not hate homosexuals.

I think some people see the Westboro Church and how they hate homosexuals as being the norm in Christianity. Yet the are extreme xenophobes.

Last edited by a moderator:

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
Your pet sin is not what sends oyu to hell, peeps, its refusal to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, its the same sin you committed.
But one has to admit that very often it is your sin that prevents you from accepting God's salvation.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
It happens very rarely in the UK. People here generally understand; you sell your products to anyone who wants to buy them. That's the law.
No it is not the law. I have just checked up on consumer law and it says you can sell or not sell to whomever you want to as long as you are not breaking the law in doing so. If you say I am not selling to you because you are black then you are breaking the law. If you say I cannot sell this product to you because my Christian morals do not allow me to make money out of immorality the law is not violated.

This applies to both the UK and the USA.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
If every christian business owner in the country denied homosexuals, they'd have a really, really, really, really hard time finding food, water and clothing to be honest.
If you care to read the story in full, you will find that they did not refuse to sell to homosexuals. They refused to sell a product that in doing so would promote or support immorality. It is lawful to do so. The homosexuals are the ones making a mountain out of a molehill and making it a case of someone discriminating against them.

If they were not on a course to harass and cause trouble they would have simply said can we have two dozen cookies please?

A

AgeofKnowledge

You stated that exactly right. They stated they loved the homosexuals and would gladly offer them any of their goods and services for any moral reason whatsoever and they did so with homosexuals screaming in the street outside of their business, harassing their customers and vendors, and sending them email and phone threats against their person and their lives while deliberately leveraging government to seek prison and bankruptcy for the baker which, of course, impoverishes his family.

If you care to read the story in full, you will find that they did not refuse to sell to homosexuals. They refused to sell a product that in doing so would promote or support immorality. It is lawful to do so. The homosexuals are the ones making a mountain out of a molehill and making it a case of someone discriminating against them.

If they were not on a course to harass and cause trouble they would have simply said can we have two dozen cookies please?

T

Tintin

The drama queen homosexual stupidity make the 'terrible twos' period of childhood seem quite innocent in comparison.