Like Terms

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
This is a thread for defining terms named after forum members. The terms have to be things that are emblematic of the forum members in question.

Example:

Pulling a seoulsearch: Making a long reply that you have to read every bit of, because there's a lot of insight in it, so you can't skim over it like you usually do with long replies.

Executing a Lynx maneuver: Refraining from making an obvious but detrimental comment.

*Lynx crams a paw in his mouth and walks away quickly...

Doing a cinder: Same as pulling a seoulsearch, but the humor is more wry and dry, and usually irony is used more.

Pulling a CharliRenee: Trying to see the positive side of just about everything.

CharliRenee at the funeral of a notorious skinflint: "My, he sure could whistle good!"

G

Godsgirl83

This could get interesting..... just gonna sit back and watch.....

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I should mention for the record that I stole this thread idea. Somebody in a chatroom mentioned it but never made the thread, so I said I would make it. So I did.

G

Godsgirl83

I wish I were quick and witty to come up with some......
but I'm not quick and witty, so it's something I have to study out (user behaviors/traits) and think about.......

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I thought about all the ones I contributed. Take your time. There's no rush.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Maybe I shouldn't... all the ones that quickly come to mind refer negatively to people in the BDF.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
And here we go!

1. Pulling a Lyn-der - Spend enough time talking to both Lynx and Cinder but at completely separate times, and you'll either conclude that they are both the same person (because their thought processes and even choices of phrasing are so alike) or else genuine proof that an AI (artificial intelligence) program is running rampant and operating at a highly successful rate within two separate people.

2. Pipping - aka, "There's a cake for that," or, "Lovin' From The Oven." - No matter who you are, what you're going through or how grouchy you might be feeling, Pipp has a smile, kind word - and, most importantly, a personalized baked good - for everything and every occasion.

It doesn't matter if you like roasted pigs, maple bacon, Jack Skellington, or Dr. Suess - she's done it all, and will make a cake in just the right theme and flavor to cheer you right up.

3. 17Bee-ing - The CC forum member who can make anything, and I do mean anything, from a walk down the hallway to running into an old friend sound like a magical, otherworldly journey, just through his wonders of wording.

4. Mel85-ish - She is going to tell you exactly how to properly eat a taco, and you are going to like it, papi!

5. Christian(74)-ease - "Hey guys, I just got back from a short trip." Sure, he just drove around the world in 28 days (trust me, if anyone can figure out how to DRIVE the ENTIRE way, it would be him), but to him, it was just "a drive around town."

6. JustEli-able - "I'm a little shy... We'll be best friends after about 30 seconds of conversation, but really, I have to tell you, I'm kinda shy..."

7. Dino-might - Ever wish you could come up with clever, witty puns for every, and I do mean every, and any situation? Keep your eye on this guy, and learn from a master. :)

And... that's all I can think of - for now. :)

For any of our newcomers to the forum - please feel free to jump right in (to this, or any thread!)

Help us get to know you so that we can include you in the fun! I often want to mention newer users in these threads but usually refrain, because I don't think I know them well enough to be sure I won't be offending them.

And believe me, some of us who've been here a while can take a little flack. :)

We had a thread like this a long time ago and one prominent member at the time (Catherder, where are you???) wrote, "Guess which forum member I am?" then proceeded to write, "Blah, blah, blah... blah blah blah, blah blah," about 150 times!!!

Do you have any idea who he might have been talking about? :D

Hey, at least I guess I'm known for something! :cool:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
1. Pulling a Lyn-der - Spend enough time talking to both Lynx and Cinder but at completely separate times, and you'll either conclude that they are both the same person (because their thought processes and even choices of phrasing are so alike) or else genuine proof that an AI (artificial intelligence) program is running rampant and operating at a highly successful rate within two separate people.
*Lynx executes a Lynx Maneuver.

Okay, okay, I'll say it!

Neither borrower nor Lyn-der be.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
On rare occasion there are people who emit color. It can be wide as the spectrum of color is long and bright as Venus in the morning, and I can see it without even seeing the person! It can also be dark. I've seen black as the pit before. So, here are a couple of folks whose colors are vivid:

CharliRenee-ovate Here's a woman who's a carpenter of sorts. A renovator of souls. Heavy at work swinging her protective hammer, her color is blue most of the time. Fades occasionally.

TamLyn-ecaster. An angler. A fisherman of souls. Casting her bait and works with little panfish. She's silver and I saw it right off, but have no idea what it means.

SeoulSearch-light. Here's a lighthouse in the Bering Strait. A searchlight of souls. She helps folks navigate through the worst of the swells. She's got that color of green that's like late winter rye grass when the days get longer. A little like the grass on the island she's anchored to.

and oops. Got busted. back to work..... more later..

M

Miri

Tourist hop- doing a short cut (he rarely rambles)

Levi time - prayer time

Magentarism - making everything purple!

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Maxwelian point of view
Has a clear vision of the topic and leaves you with a smile.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Krumming: Acting like a Krumbeard: Being pretty insightful, but acting like (and honestly believing) you are just a good ole boy who don't know nothing. Being insightful about everything EXCEPT you don't realize you are insightful.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
On rare occasion there are people who emit color. It can be wide as the spectrum of color is long and bright as Venus in the morning, and I can see it without even seeing the person! It can also be dark. I've seen black as the pit before. So, here are a couple of folks whose colors are vivid:

CharliRenee-ovate Here's a woman who's a carpenter of sorts. A renovator of souls. Heavy at work swinging her protective hammer, her color is blue most of the time. Fades occasionally.

TamLyn-ecaster. An angler. A fisherman of souls. Casting her bait and works with little panfish. She's silver and I saw it right off, but have no idea what it means.

SeoulSearch-light. Here's a lighthouse in the Bering Strait. A searchlight of souls. She helps folks navigate through the worst of the swells. She's got that color of green that's like late winter rye grass when the days get longer. A little like the grass on the island she's anchored to.

and oops. Got busted. back to work..... more later..
and more....

Pipp - The Pied Pipper works the best, but doesn't quite fit. Pipp's more like one of the 12 Dancing Princesses from the Brother's Grim. A rebel and slightly mischievous, Pipp is wonderfully transgressive. There are forces in her life that innocently or not seek to shut her in, but she escapes to dance and have fun. Maybe she'll realize it's not the cupcakes that makes her so popular. Pipp's color is strawberry red - right at the cusp where the strong red often meets the greenleaf top and turns orange.

Jilly83 had a strong color, but not on here anymore. There was Jullianna who had a kind of weird color to me - like streaked, but not here anymore. Anyway, since this isn't about colors I think I'll stop it. :)

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Seoulsearch-ing it. Someone who ask questions that'll make you search your soul to answer.

Pulling a I7Bees - Monet of words. Master craftsman of storytelling.

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
and more....

Pipp - The Pied Pipper works the best, but doesn't quite fit. Pipp's more like one of the 12 Dancing Princesses from the Brother's Grim. A rebel and slightly mischievous, Pipp is wonderfully transgressive. There are forces in her life that innocently or not seek to shut her in, but she escapes to dance and have fun. Maybe she'll realize it's not the cupcakes that makes her so popular. Pipp's color is strawberry red - right at the cusp where the strong red often meets the greenleaf top and turns orange.

Jilly83 had a strong color, but not on here anymore. There was Jullianna who had a kind of weird color to me - like streaked, but not here anymore. Anyway, since this isn't about colors I think I'll stop it. :)
First off, thank you for making me two years younger by inadvertently changing my screen name a bit, Ken ;)! And yes, I hadn't been on in a couple months, but I'm almost certain I remember the color you told me that you saw me as being (if that's the correct way to phrase it).
I'm a light blue :)
And hi to everyone! I miss you, although offline life has needed me.