Oh ok.I do not have a wife - been single all my life - never married - have not found her yet.
I wonder how many women would tell you that 'a wife and mother' can have a great life!
It is certainly the most honorable life that a woman can have. ("in God's eyes")
I totally agree that a wife and mother can have a great life.
However, although marriage and motherhood are certainly honorable, I'm curious why you say that in God's eyes it is the "most honorable life that a woman can have". Are you basing that off of a certain verse, and if so which one?![]()
I am just now getting to reading this and will get back to you as soon as I reasonably can...
![]()
I finally got around to giving this some more in-depth attention - and, after thinking about it for a bit...I have not forgot about you - "working on it" - based on more than just any one certain verse - need time to look up and compile a list of passages/verses...
.... (marriage) does seem to be the overall 'average/normal' life that God would like for women to have - based on my impression of the whole of scripture regarding this topic.
Of course - just as much - not necessarily more - to men. I am not "singling out women" - context context context.However, wouldn't your statement singling out women apply just as much (or more) to men?
Not specifically - but rather, context - it started with, and is based on, a highly-focused remark at the end of post #12 about the expectation of a wife and mother not having their own life. This is the contextual starting point for my remark.Why only state that it is the average/normal life for women specifically?
Of course - just as much - not necessarily more - to men. I am not "singling out women" - context context context.
Not specifically - but rather, context - it started with, and is based on, a highly-focused remark at the end of post #12 about the expectation of a wife and mother not having their own life. This is the contextual starting point for my remark.
As a comparison to [other] men who are not a husband or father? I would probably agree and wonder why anyone would think it to be rude.OK, fair enough.... but do you see how it might seem rude if I told you that husbands and fathers have the most honorable lives in the eyes of God?
For just a moment - consider - what if it is-or-were true? ("in God's eyes") Then what? Would you be quick to tell Him that His truth is 'rude'?Would be untrue and kinda rude, considering that you are neither...
Of course!Anyways, just food for thought![]()
As a comparison to [other] men who are not a husband or father? I would probably agree and wonder why anyone would think it to be rude.
Nonetheless, I do understand what you are getting at - but, it was not my intent to offend anyone - I was only stating what I believe/think.
I certainly was not insinuating that the direct opposite was true - that any other life path was actually dishonorable or some such thing.
I meant the words 'most honorable' in the sense that God would "most honor" that which He considered to be "most honoring" to Him.
I do not believe that God is at all impressed with women who are trying to climb the corporate ladder to obtain power and wealth; however, when women choose the life that He prescribes in the Bible, I believe He is much more inclined to 'bless' and 'honor' those women in special ways.
I am not saying that it is necessarily "against God" for a woman to choose a path that is not entirely or exactly as spelled out in the Bible - because, He understands the necessity in certain things that we have to deal with in this evil world. However, what I am saying is that - for those women who dare to choose a path that is very close to that which is spelled out in the Bible - I believe that He is more inclined to bless and honor those women.
For just a moment - consider - what if it is-or-were true? ("in God's eyes") Then what? Would you be quick to tell Him that His truth is 'rude'?
(People do it every day - some have used much worse words to describe what they believe is a "miscarriage of justice" by Him in His truth.)
It behooves us all to consider wisely each-every-and-all part(s) of His truth - accept it - believe it - live it - preach it - uphold it - not fight it.
Of course!
Thank you for giving me your perspective on the issue/matter/topic.(You know I place value on it.)
Just be careful not to allow yourself to be too easily offended by the 'food for thought' of other folks...
( Especially, those who you know care about you and think of you as being very special in their life.)
![]()
consider - what if it is-or-were true? ("in God's eyes") Then what? Would you be quick to tell Him that His truth is 'rude'?......It behooves us all to consider wisely each-every-and-all part(s) of His truth - accept it - believe it - live it - preach it - uphold it - not fight it.