LIVING IN THE MILLENIA

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
YOU are wrong....Nero "committed suicide" with the HELP OF THE SENATE.......remember "et tu Brutus?"
All your theories are wrong but my daddy told me to never argue with stupid.
And who are you to be calling anyone stupid? He made a very well written and biblically sound post and the scriptures he presented were very precise to the point, what have you shown to prove your theory on Nero?
If you are unable to debate in a mature calm and Christ like manner maybe you shouldn't be debating name calling shows a lack of maturity and understanding

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
If Jesus was kind enough to spare sharing things He knew were too much for His disciples maybe we could do the same.

I wanted to share my thoughts but see how divisive this topic is after reading these pages.

Can we not strive to make this an exercise in love rather than a battlefield of biblical knowledge superiority? Share our thoughts and the reasons for them (scriptures) and allow those who can receive them to receive them, and equally - with all love and respect and humility - allow those who cannot receive them to be just as precious to us and worthy of our kindness as though they had not disagreed with our limited, flawed (and perhaps Sometimes “held somewhat higher in our own estimation than our brother or sisters’ edification and encouragement is”) understanding.

There are some great minds here on this forum, some great biblical scholars, I really cannot compete with my limited knowledge of end times events and so on, But can I just encourage us all to remember the only point of sharing our gift of knowledge is for the building up of others. That’s what all the gifts are for... to build up other believers until we come to Unity... not uniformity.

Bless you all.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
There was a resurrection of the Jerusalem saints (Matthew 27:52-53) which should be included in our consideration of the first resurrection.
No the saints weren't (Resurrected) they were raised from the dead just as Lazarus

(After His Resurrection) not their resurrection.

(Bodies Of The Saints Arose)

Matthew 27:52-53KJV
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
YOU are wrong....Nero "committed suicide" with the HELP OF THE SENATE.......remember "et tu Brutus?"
Your backed into a corner of truth, last resort, personal attacks (y)

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
The entire period between the ascension and return of Christ is the millennium. Christ is ruling now over a spiritual kingdom that will be immediately raptured at His return, and the new heavens and earth will then be in place.
"Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”

Christ is not currently ruling the nations with an iron scepter.

"And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended."

The thousand years is a literal thousand years which according to the chronology of Revelation, takes place after God's wrath has been completed which will be carried out via the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments, where after the 7th bowl is poured out Christ returns to the earth physically and visually to end the age (Matt.24:30-31) which initiates the millennial kingdom. During that thousand years Satan is literally bound in the Abyss so that he cannot deceive the nations during that time. That said, Satan is by no means currently bound, as he is currently out and about in the world continuing to deceive the inhabitants of the earth.

"And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”

The above event where the angel calls all the birds to eat the flesh of those who will have been killed by the double-edged sword takes place as Christ is returning to the earth to end the age. Since the thousand years begins after this event, when did this ever take place? The answer is that, it hasn't! If thousand years had already started, the world would have witnessed this event.

This millennial kingdom’s temple is our bodies
1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?

When Jesus came, he eliminated the need for a temple (building) being in a single location. Christians became the temple of God, a house for his Holy Spirit. Because of his blood that made us clean, we can now be considered pure and holy enough to have God’s Spirit live in us.
You are correct, we, believers in Christ which are made up of both Jew and Gentile, are the temple of God. However, prophesies regarding the unbelieving nation of Israel still must be fulfilled. The last seven years of the seventy sevens that was decreed upon Israel and Jerusalem must still be fulfilled.

"So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

The ruler/antichrist must still set up that abomination in the holy place causing the desolation of Jerusalem/Judea when they flee out into the desert to that place prepared for them by God.

"For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened."

By the time that seven years is over, if the time of God's wrath was allowed to go on any longer then the specified time, no one would be left alive on the earth. When has the world seen this time of great tribulation? The answer is never! This time of great tribulation is yet future and will take place after the church has been gathered. Following Christ return to the earth to end the age, the beast and the false prophet will be captured and thrown alive into the lake of fire. When has that happened?

"They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years."

When did the resurrection take place and when have those resurrected reigned with Christ during that thousand years? According to your belief that we are currently living in the thousand years. Some of the characteristics of this time period is that prey and predator and their young will lie down together and during that time the lion will eat straw like the Ox. A young child will stick his hand in a vipers nest and not be hurt at all. The reason for this is because the scripture says:

"They will neither harm nor destroy on all My holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the sea is full of water."

During that literal thousand years, peace will reign on the earth. And I don't have to tell you that the world has seen nothing like this whatsoever. And that because the thousand years is a future age which will take place after the seven years of God's tribulation, which will decimate the majority of the inhabitants of the earth and dismantle all human government.

Amillennialism is the position on eschatology that the “tribulation” period is 1st century history and that things will mostly continue as they are until Christ returns
Amillennialism, along with Preterism, are two of the most deceptive teachings on the planet. Below is the chronological order of end-time events leading up to the Lord's returns to the earth to end the age:

* The resurrection of the dead in Christ as well as those still living in Christ being changed and caught up with them

* The initiation of that last seven years that was decreed upon Israel and Jerusalem (Daniel 9:24-27)

* God's wrath via the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments take place during the entire seven years

* Jesus returns to the earth to end the age after the 7th bowl has been poured out

* The beast and the false prophet are thrown alive into the lake of fire

* Satan is thrown into the Abyss and sealed for a thousand years

* The great tribulation saints are resurrected

* Millennial kingdom (thousand years) begins, a time of the Lord's reign with complete peace on the earth

* When the literal thousand years are over, Satan will be released for one more deception

* Satan is then thrown into the lake of fire where the beast and the false prophet will have been thrown

* The great white throne judgment: The unrighteous dead throughout all of history will be judged

* Everyone's name not found in the book of life will be thrown into the lake of fire

* New heaven, new earth, new Jerusalem

* Eternity -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
No what I am doing is mentioning the things revelation says he will do, read the book of revelation it's all there. You say Nero was this person but does it stand against scripture?
yes it does.......and it stands against history too

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Nice Spirit filled, word of God, response with the 'Zzzzz' response there, which does not refute anything that I posted.

The fact is, that everything that I wrote and its order is the truth. You have to do some allegorical, symbolistic twisting, bending and mutilating of scripture to believe in Amillennial scenario.

The gathering of the church is the next event to take place, followed by the time of God's wrath, with Jesus returning after God's wrath. At that time is when the thousand years will begin. A time of complete peace with the Lord ruling on this present earth. None of the characteristics of millennial kingdom currently exists. Have you seen any lions eating straw like the Ox, lately?

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
yes it does.......and it stands against history too
I told you before, the man of lawlessness/beast, will be destroyed by the brightness of the coming of the Lord. He along with the false prophet will be captured and thrown alive into the lake of fire. In opposition, Nero committed suicide by stabbing himself in the neck. Therefore, Nero does not fit the prophecy regarding the antichrist/man of lawlessness/beast.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
I told you before, the man of lawlessness/beast, will be destroyed by the brightness of the coming of the Lord. He along with the false prophet will be captured and thrown alive into the lake of fire. In opposition, Nero committed suicide by stabbing himself in the neck. Therefore, Nero does not fit the prophecy regarding the antichrist/man of lawlessness/beast.
AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE.........Nero committed suicide with the help of his senate.
as the story goes, Nero was attempting to comply with the Senate's request....but was a bit reluctant, so as he stood there with a knife at his throat.......... I believe Cassius and Brutus (his good friend) struck first blows (et to Brutus? famous last word of Nero that everyone is familiar with.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
And who are you to be calling anyone stupid? He made a very well written and biblically sound post and the scriptures he presented were very precise to the point, what have you shown to prove your theory on Nero?
If you are unable to debate in a mature calm and Christ like manner maybe you shouldn't be debating name calling shows a lack of maturity and understanding
Are you the hall monitor? Truth7t7 has been spouting his nonsense even though I have given him scripture after scripture to show his error........You take care of you and I'll take care of me.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
"Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”
Jesus Christ isnt going to sit on a earthly throne and rule, as you suggest.

Jesus Christ will return in (Destruction) and destroy his (Creation) as a potter destroys his vessel.

Revelation 19:15KJV
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Revelation 2:27KJV
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Psalm 2:9KJV
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
I agree, resorting to personal attack is a true sign of (Defeat) lacking maturity.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
The resurrection of the dead in Christ as well as those still living in Christ being changed and caught up with them

* The initiation of that last seven years that was decreed upon Israel and Jerusalem (Daniel 9:24-27)
You state a resurrection of the believer takes place at a pre-trib rapture, then you state a 7 year tribulation follows with mortal humans living?

(Your Claim Is False) the resurrection of all takes place on (The Last Day) at the time of Final judgement.

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Are you the hall monitor? Truth7t7 has been spouting his nonsense even though I have given him scripture after scripture to show his error........You take care of you and I'll take care of me.
Spouting nonsense, quoting scripture?

As stated, the future man of sin will be destroyed by the brightness of the Lords coming, your claim of Nero is false, as he committed suicide.

Your claim is false, Nero committed suicide, he wasn't destroyed by the brightness of Jesus Christ at the second coming.

As is clearly seen, (The Man Of Sin) is a (Future) event unfulfilled.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 & 8-10KJV
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
What would be your scripture references to those views?
F.e. revlation 20, ore Micha 4,3 ff; ore Jesaja 11,
Descriptiones from a time which till now never happend in history for the nation of Israel. So it will come in Future.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
You mean Julius Cäsar?

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
The thousand years is a literal thousand years
Your claim is false, show me below where there is a (Literal) Kingdom on this earth seen, (You Cant)

That seen below is 100% in the spiritual realm.

Angel, Heaven, Devil, Satan, The Souls, The Dead, God, Christ.

Revelation 20:1-6KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
The entire period between the ascension and return of Christ is the millennium. Christ is ruling now over a spiritual kingdom that will be immediately raptured at His return, and the new heavens and earth will then be in place.

This millennial kingdom’s temple is our bodies

1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?

When Jesus came, he eliminated the need for a temple (building) being in a single location. Christians became the temple of God, a house for his Holy Spirit. Because of his blood that made us clean, we can now be considered pure and holy enough to have God’s Spirit live in us.

Amillennialism is the position on eschatology that the “tribulation” period is 1st century history and that things will mostly continue as they are until Christ returns, with the gospel spreading widely in some places and being resisted in others. Which means that the millenium is much longer than an actual one thousand years

The Greek word in the bible translated as ‘thousand’ is choloi which actually indicates many thousand. The singular for thousand would have been chilias.

2 Peter 3:8 Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your ...
But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day.

Amillennials do not look for signs of a great tribulation to come, we look for Christ. Maranatha
I think it's possible that the thousand years reign of believers with Christ is like a day when our Lord created one new body in his own image.

The reign of Christ is a time of peace, not to the entire world, but to believers who have received the gospel preached to the world,

They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. Isa.11:9

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Jn.14:27

It's also a time when Christ empowers his followers over everyone in the world. Jesus said,

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Lk.10:19

I do believe that Christians who oppose the current reign of Christ do not know the Lord very well.