Lockdown...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Loved this and wanted to share..

"Lockdown
Yes there is fear.
Yes there is isolation.
Yes there is panic buying.
Yes there is sickness.
Yes there is even death.
But,
They say that in Wuhan after so many years of noise
You can hear the birds again.
They say that after just a few weeks of quiet
The sky is no longer thick with fumes
But blue and grey and clear.
They say that in the streets of Assisi
People are singing to each other
across the empty squares,
keeping their windows open
so that those who are alone
may hear the sounds of family around them.
They say that a hotel in the West of Ireland
Is offering free meals and delivery to the housebound.
Today a young woman I know
is busy spreading fliers with her number
through the neighbourhood
So that the elders may have someone to call on.
Today Churches, Synagogues, Mosques and Temples
are preparing to welcome
and shelter the homeless, the sick, the weary
All over the world people are slowing down and reflecting
All over the world people are looking at their neighbours in a new way
All over the world people are waking up to a new reality
To how big we really are.
To how little control we really have.
To what really matters.
To Love.
So we pray and we remember that
Yes there is fear.
But there does not have to be hate.
Yes there is isolation.
But there does not have to be loneliness.
But there does not have to be meanness.
Yes there is sickness.
But there does not have to be disease of the soul
Yes there is even death.
But there can always be a rebirth of love.
Wake to the choices you make as to how to live now.
Today, breathe.
Listen, behind the factory noises of your panic
The birds are singing again
The sky is clearing,
Spring is coming,
And we are always encompassed by Love.
Open the windows of your soul
And though you may not be able
to touch across the empty square,
Sing."
-from Richard Hendrick (Brother Richard) in Ireland
March 13th 2020

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Nice Here in Spain all are in a lockdown, and as you have pointed out trough thequote above dear Charlirenee, it is quiet. There are so few using cars. I take my dog out as always before sunup, and dthere are no people, although there are usually few. Ordinarily you can hear them in the distance but it is very, very still. It is nice. Thanks for this share, and may all open their eyes to the wonderful change.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
PS, Don't get me wrong. I realize it is temporary, and all will survive who are in Jesus, Yeshua, one manner or another.

It is a very good lesson to experience. All blessings in Yeshua to all……..j

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
In the meantime, there are books and video games and Netflix...

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Our best is ahead of us! He has a plan to prosper and not to harm us.
G-d keeps His promises!
bless you all in Jesus name.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
In the next week or so people in the UK over age 70 will be under house arrest for anything up to four months.
Anyone outside without what the authorities perceive as a good reason will be find £1000 or sent to Prison. The reason for this as I see it is we have committed the crime of living too long. Why the age range starts at 70 is baffling. Was the figure pulled from a Hat?
If a person is 69 will the virus leave them alone? By the way I am age 72 and live with my wife age 65. I assume she will be issued with
a Bio/Moon Suit so she can go outside and still live with me without being charged with my murder in the event of my demise from
contamination. If I sound bitter/Cynical its because I am.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
In the next week or so people in the UK over age 70 will be under house arrest for anything up to four months.
Anyone outside without what the authorities perceive as a good reason will be find £1000 or sent to Prison. The reason for this as I see it is we have committed the crime of living too long. Why the age range starts at 70 is baffling. Was the figure pulled from a Hat?
If a person is 69 will the virus leave them alone? By the way I am age 72 and live with my wife age 65. I assume she will be issued with
a Bio/Moon Suit so she can go outside and still live with me without being charged with my murder in the event of my demise from
contamination. If I sound bitter/Cynical its because I am.
Wow, that is very informative and concerning. What you have shared brings insight to why you would be cynical and bitter. May we all keep praying and hoping, keeping our eyes on the One who deserves our rejoicing in Him.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
hmm.... martial law effect without declaring martial law......... Locally a man reported ammo is sold out.

Isny

Jan 15, 2017
Loved this and wanted to share..

"Lockdown
Yes there is fear.
Yes there is isolation.
Yes there is sickness.
Yes there is even death.
But,
They say that in Wuhan after so many years of noise
You can hear the birds again.
They say that after just a few weeks of quiet
The sky is no longer thick with fumes
But blue and grey and clear.
They say that in the streets of Assisi
People are singing to each other
across the empty squares,
keeping their windows open
so that those who are alone
may hear the sounds of family around them.
They say that a hotel in the West of Ireland
Is offering free meals and delivery to the housebound.
Today a young woman I know
is busy spreading fliers with her number
through the neighbourhood
So that the elders may have someone to call on.
Today Churches, Synagogues, Mosques and Temples
are preparing to welcome
and shelter the homeless, the sick, the weary
All over the world people are slowing down and reflecting
All over the world people are looking at their neighbours in a new way
All over the world people are waking up to a new reality
To how big we really are.
To how little control we really have.
To what really matters.
To Love.
So we pray and we remember that
Yes there is fear.
But there does not have to be hate.
Yes there is isolation.
But there does not have to be loneliness.
But there does not have to be meanness.
Yes there is sickness.
But there does not have to be disease of the soul
Yes there is even death.
But there can always be a rebirth of love.
Wake to the choices you make as to how to live now.
Today, breathe.
Listen, behind the factory noises of your panic
The birds are singing again
The sky is clearing,
Spring is coming,
And we are always encompassed by Love.
Open the windows of your soul
And though you may not be able
to touch across the empty square,
Sing."
-from Richard Hendrick (Brother Richard) in Ireland
March 13th 2020
We read in the newspapers today about so much crime and ugliness in the world. And yet there is also great beauty here.

The local YMCA not far from us has closed the swimming pool and exercise rooms because of the virus. But the Y remains open....to take care of the children of the first responders, hospital and medical personnel and other esential people so they can do their work. There is no charge for taking care of the children and volunteers will also be helping out.

Yes, there is great beauty here.....Life is not worth living unless it is lived for others.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
We read in the newspapers today about so much crime and ugliness in the world. And yet there is also great beauty here.

The local YMCA not far from us has closed the swimming pool and exercise rooms because of the virus. But the Y remains open....to take care of the children of the first responders, hospital and medical personnel and other esential people so they can do their work. There is no charge for taking care of the children and volunteers will also be helping out.

Oh thank you so much for your comment.

Yes, there is great beauty here.....Life is not worth living unless it is lived for others < Bamidy Bam Bam!!!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I must throw in a bit of info on people and panic buying. Yes some do buy in a panic. Myself, my family has always kept a small store of basic items on the shelf, and it became my way of shopping, buying that is. I went to the market when this sudden buying impulse began on my normal day only to be in the midst ofe an enormous number of people shopping and buying.

Many were, it seemed in a dither buying and filling carts. I managed to get what I would buy anyway, but now, I am not going back until the panic buying is cooled down.

Now on the way there I did notice the sidewalk cafes were closed and the streets seemed empty. Many folks, not I, eat in these places a lot, so shopping is not high on their lists. Suddenly finding they could not longer go to the restaurants and cafes must hav e been a bit confusing for them, making them thing, "Gee, I have to cook." So although I would not go to a café or restaurant unless it were some kind of emergency, these people have been living in some kind of lala land but reality has hit them square in th edaily activity.

The clean air and the wonderful quiet has been a tremendous blessing. There is a lot of confusion accompanying the measures taken here in Spain. In this lockdown the president has said gong to medical centers and shpping for food is allowed. I accompany someone to medical centers when necessary, and I am aware of the instructions for the patient. Arriving according to the doctor's orders yesterday I was greeted with "What are you doing here?" There I as informed all appointments and visits are cancelled, even though I was on the PC and watching all the reports of the lockdown, and probably know ing them better than the local med centers, I was treated like an ignoramous.

I will not fret, Jesus, Yeshua, is in absolute control, amen. God bless, and keep your larders logical.