Lonely?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

88

Senior Member
Nov 14, 2016
3,517
77
48
So is the Lord----spend some time with Him---He misses you...Grace and Peace
 
You have started more threads in one month, than I have in my nearly 3 years of being here.. lol
 
I have too many spools laying around the house, sorry...
 
Hope my topics will spur more discussion...will limit...I think some topics tend to be meditative---we should discuss them---but also consider how the Lord speaks to us through them...I don't discuss somethings while they are "cooking" inside me heart---hope others will be affected also in a positive way...Grace and Peace
 
"Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me." (John 16:32)
 
So is the Lord----spend some time with Him---He misses you...Grace and Peace

sure, let's discuss this.

why do you believe God is lonely?

when you say 'the Lord', do you mean just Jesus?
 
Could you not tarry with me one hour... Grace and Peace
 
That was a one time thing, and he was talking to his disciples in the garden.

What does that have to do with today, and now?
 
Your op title brought to mind something I had not thought about in decades.

When I was a child I recall having heard the following, "And God said, I am lonely, and He breathed upon the waters." I was very young, and I do not recall where I heard this. I think I understood and understand what it meaneans, but then again...

So is the Lord----spend some time with Him---He misses you...Grace and Peace
 
40 days with 72 threads started. It does seem excessive. They hardly qualify as Bible topics either.



maybe we should be glad it's not 40 days AND nights

or maybe 88 is lonely?

88? yah lonely there fellah?
 
40 days with 72 threads started. It does seem excessive. They hardly qualify as Bible topics either.

So, 72 threads started, and only 270 something posts. So an average of 3-4 posts per thread of his own starting.

Speaks volumes as to the "intent" of his post creations.
 
1 Corinthians 1:9 ----- fellowship with Christ..

1 CORINTHIANS 1:9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 CORINTHIANS 1:9 God is true, through whom you have been given a part with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 CORINTHIANS 1:9 God faithfully keeps his promises. He called you to be partners with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.



imo, different translations give a different sense, there

I agree God wants us to have fellowship with Jesus,
I'm not seeing that the verse gives the reason God created humans
are you seeing that in there?
 
God is self-sufficient in his three persons. He does not get lonely. Do not anthropomorphize God! Do not make him into a mere man. Not speaking of the Incarnation, of course!

If you are lonely, you might want to go to chat and converse with people! Then you wouldn't have to start all these threads! Or, you could spend time reading other people's threads and the comments. Not just here, but in the Family Forum, Singles Forum, and many others!

I hope that helps!