MANY IN OUR COUNTRY HAVE LOST INTEREST IN CHRISTIANITY

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Before anyone's straw man's me, I'm not claiming that all Christians are like this but some of the most mean and hateful people I've known have been Christian
There was a particular lady in my church through my used to be friends but we fell out and she told me to back off and leave her alone so I honored her request
So when I met my late wife, Connie in church, instead of being happy for us she tried to sabotage our relationship
Connie had decided that she had had enough and went to the pastor about it.
I'm assuming the pastor told her to leave us alone because she didn't bother us anymore after that
Pretty much everyone in the church knew this particular individual was phony as a $3 bill and just had a nasty hateful attitude all the time
So after they appointed her as a minister, I left and never went back

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
Before anyone's straw man's me, I'm not claiming that all Christians are like this but some of the most mean and hateful people I've known have been Christian
There was a particular lady in my church through my used to be friends but we fell out and she told me to back off and leave her alone so I honored her request
So when I met my late wife, Connie in church, instead of being happy for us she tried to sabotage our relationship
Connie had decided that she had had enough and went to the pastor about it.
I'm assuming the pastor told her to leave us alone because she didn't bother us anymore after that
Pretty much everyone in the church knew this particular individual was phony as a $3 bill and just had a nasty hateful attitude all the time
So after they appointed her as a minister, I left and never went back

Dude653, I agree with you in that, many times Christians let all their ugliness/hate/anti-Christ shine through.

I love the quote from GK Chesterton, "Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult; and left untried.”

Gandi said, "I like your Christ, but I do not like Christians, the Christians are so unlike Christ."

I'm an old guy and have personally seen this ugliness. As I child I was raised in Virginia. All the workplaces, residential areas, churches, schools, and even the graveyards were segregated. 'White Christian Segregationists' controlled the policical spectrum across the board. And they vehemently despised blacks, Jews, Catholiics, and immigrants. The Christianity of the 'Old South' was a political movement and not a Christian movement.

A real/true Christian will love God and neighbor. (Keep in mind that this does not mean loving and accepting our neighbor's sins. Yet we still should love all our neighbors and wish ill to none of them.)

Hazelelponi

Jul 8, 2019
USA
I think it might be due to crazies like Greg Locke, Kenneth copeland, westboro baptist,
Or charlatans like Joel osteen. It gives Christianity a bad name
Actually, quite likely not one thing to do with that.

Parents stopped catechizing their children. That's the problem.

Someone who understands the faith isn't going to fall away from it the second they live on their own just because there are charlatans running around.

There will always be charlatans - we stopped teaching the faith to our children.

P

persistent

I'm an old guy and have personally seen this ugliness. As I child I was raised in Virginia. All the workplaces, residential areas, churches, schools, and even the graveyards were segregated. 'White Christian Segregationists' controlled the policical spectrum across the board. And they vehemently despised blacks, Jews, Catholiics, and immigrants. The Christianity of the 'Old South' was a political movement and not a Christian movement.
Planter class - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planter_class
The planter class, known alternatively in the United States as the Southern aristocracy, was a racial and socio-economic caste of pan-American society that dominated 17th- and 18th-century agricultural markets. The Atlantic slave trade permitted planters access to inexpensive African slave labor for … See more

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
Planter class - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planter_class
The planter class, known alternatively in the United States as the Southern aristocracy, was a racial and socio-economic caste of pan-American society that dominated 17th- and 18th-century agricultural markets. The Atlantic slave trade permitted planters access to inexpensive African slave labor for … See more
I said that I'm an old guy, but that doesn't mean that I was around during the 17th/18th centuries. What I saw and experienced happened in my lifetime, with self proclaimed 'White Christian Councils/Organizations' ruling the roost. They exemplified 'Christian/Satanic Hatred' at it's worst.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Actually, quite likely not one thing to do with that.

Parents stopped catechizing their children. That's the problem.

Someone who understands the faith isn't going to fall away from it the second they live on their own just because there are charlatans running around.

There will always be charlatans - we stopped teaching the faith to our children.
you stopped teaching faith to your children?! no wonder

Get Bibles into schools. Join the PTA and go into schools and set up bible reading programs. You can do it. Start now.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Donate bibles to school libraries. Support librarians. if schools dont have a library, put your money where your mouth is and get them started!

Each child ought to have access to the Bible and time to read it. Make Bible time fun. do something rather than moan about it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Have bible reading camps where parents can take their children and have time to show them what faith is all about. Make the lessons bite size so its not all a big info dump.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
You could have a Bible bus that goes round bringing the gospel to those who need it. A lot of people cant even get to church cos they got no reliable transport.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Donate bibles to school libraries. Support librarians. if schools dont have a library, put your money where your mouth is and get them started!

Each child ought to have access to the Bible and time to read it. Make Bible time fun. do something rather than moan about it.
Sure you could donate Bible to school libraries but that doesn't mean anyone is going to read them
People have the entirety of human recorded knowledge in their pockets so if they want to read it, they will

Hazelelponi

Jul 8, 2019
USA
you stopped teaching faith to your children?! no wonder

Get Bibles into schools. Join the PTA and go into schools and set up bible reading programs. You can do it. Start now.
I am not talking about myself - I'm saying "we" as a nation.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Your child has always been allowed to bring a Bible to school if he or she wants to because that's his or her constitutional right. That hasn't changed. It just can't be compulsory by the school

swatfrog

Nov 19, 2022
Our Father of course ... New Heaven New Earth.......

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Your child has always been allowed to bring a Bible to school if he or she wants to because that's his or her constitutional right. That hasn't changed. It just can't be compulsory by the school
That sounds good but is misleading. If a teacher were to mention to kids that they were a Christian they could get fired. The same is not true for Buddhists, or Muslims, or any of the many other religions. Schools have clubs but you have to have a teacher lead the club. If a kid wanted to have a club about the Bible how would they go about finding out which teacher to ask to lead it? As a result you have all kinds of clubs, they do yoga, they talk about various religions, but you don't have Christian clubs or Bible clubs.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
That sounds good but is misleading. If a teacher were to mention to kids that they were a Christian they could get fired. The same is not true for Buddhists, or Muslims, or any of the many other religions. Schools have clubs but you have to have a teacher lead the club. If a kid wanted to have a club about the Bible how would they go about finding out which teacher to ask to lead it? As a result you have all kinds of clubs, they do yoga, they talk about various religions, but you don't have Christian clubs or Bible clubs.
Pretty sure they are allowed to have Bible clubs. It just has to be after school hours

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Pretty sure they are allowed to have Bible clubs. It just has to be after school hours
Yes, but the kids have to organize it and they have to have a teacher supervise it and yet the teacher is not allowed to mention their faith in school.

The way clubs are formed a teacher who plays the guitar will start a guitar club and kids will join, a teacher who plays chess will start a chess club, a teacher who does yoga will have a yoga club. But the teacher who teaches the Bible has to be quiet about that or else they get fired.

P

persistent

Link for complete story>>>https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...sedgntp&cvid=5902c898804f4dc7ada91ed581dbaf8c

(RNS) — As many as a third of Americans now claim no religious affiliation, and British sociologist Stephen Bullivant has some ideas about why.

In his new book, “Nonverts: The Making of Ex-Christian America,” due this week from Oxford University Press, Bullivant reflects in often highly entertaining fashion about the trend lines. Although it’s full of statistics, “Nonverts” remains a lively read for ordinary people — a rare feat in a sea of dry data-driven books.

As a researcher, Bullivant wanted to know why Americans, once considered the exception to the secularization that has happened in Europe and elsewhere, are suddenly losing their religion.

And it is sudden, he notes. “This kind of religious change in a society doesn’t normally happen in the space of 20 or 30 years,” he told Religion News Service in a Zoom interview. “It’s been within the space of one or perhaps two generations that we’ve seen a sudden surge.”

In the 1990s, nonreligion began climbing from its baseline of around 7% of the population to what is between three and five times that figure now, depending on the survey. (All national surveys show the same rising trendline, but they differ as to the degree.)