Marriage question

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Maybe they need to be like Abraham and Sarah and believe God for a kid, you know while they are in their 80s or 90s?
You've got to be kidding, right? My wife and I are both 71 years old, and have absolutely no desire, even, if possible, to have another child. We did that when we were young. Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Edward429451
No, one flesh is when a couple does the wild thang and they join their intimate parts together

Yeah because you have spent so much time studying scripture, years and years I am sure, that you had to come to CC to find out if you living conditions were biblical or not. :rolleyes:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Edward429451
So can you provide scripture that says a marriage is not honored by God unless one gets a marriage license from the state?

Every generation in every location had/jhas differnt procedures. That's why your specific procedure was not outlined in the Bible.

The Bible is for everyone, not just you.


God told them to multiply which means do the wild thang and have some babies right?

Children grow up and move out. What then?


Yeah but I'm not Jewish.

I'm a Christian

Honestly? I don't think you are.

You won't even talk to God or obey Him.

You're just fooling yourself! 🙂


🕊
 
Not like that I can't but he did say in scripture how the betrothal and marriage should be done. Why can't you read that and say, oh that's how God said it should be done, I'll do that...?

Chapter and verse?

Wasn't that instructions to the Jews?



I posted Got Questions

Meh, I heard that website has much fake teachings that are not of God.



you want what you want not what God wants ---

OK so show my in the new testament where the Lord says "thou shalt get a marriage certificate from the county courthouse or I won't recognize your marriage"

I'll check back in later to see what you come up with. Chapter and verse please.



You've got to be kidding, right? My wife and I are both 71 years old, and have absolutely no desire, even, if possible, to have another child. We did that when we were young. Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.

So you can't crank out another rug rat?



Every generation in every location had/jhas differnt procedures. That's why your specific procedure was not outlined in the Bible.

The Bible is for everyone, not just you.

OK so there's no scripture that says a marriage is not honored by God unless one gets a marriage license from the state?

Is that your final answer then?


Children grow up and move out. What then?

He just said multiple.

He's didn't talk about what then.



You're just fooling yourself!

When I die will it be you I stand before to be judged?
 
  • Haha
Reactions: tourist
OK so there's no scripture that says a marriage is not honored by God unless one gets a marriage license from the state?

Is that your final answer then?

Without God, the Bible won't help you.


He just said multiple.

He's didn't talk about what then.

That's why you need to talk to God. But you don't want to so, not my fault you're missing out.


When I die will it be you I stand before to be judged?

I know enough that you like antagonizing God’s people because you think they're not living as they should. You're judging them, you hypocrite. Yes, i know who you are.


🕊
 
So you can't crank out another rug rat?
Kids are best to have when you are young and have more energy. I have one daughter from a previous marriage who is 46. Five grandchildren, 1 great-grandchild. My wife has a daughter who is 45 and single.

Did the kid stuff when I wore a younger man's clothes.

Are you married, or have been previously married? Any kids? How old are you? Don't really know anything about you at this point so it makes it hard to know how to respond.
 
I'm only 63 and I dont want no more kids.
Chapter and verse?

Wasn't that instructions to the Jews?

Remember when God promised Abraham that his descendants would number more than the stars above and more than the sand on earth? What makes you think thst your'e not Abrahams seed?

Besides, Haven't we Gentiles been grafted into the vine?
Ta0da, you're Jewish, lol.

The wedding is a four part process called the Ketuba. The Brides weddibg dress is a 4 layer outfit. That's why when Adam & Eve fell God skinned an animal for them to wear (and it covered their sins) At any rate the Brides first layer was already being provided for to bring them back into fellowship with Him.

You need to read it yourself in the OT.
 
No, one flesh is when a couple does the wild thang and they join their intimate parts together

I realize you're just trolling, but it's a worthwhile discussion nonetheless....... so, is your current girlfrie- errr "wife" the only lady you've done the wild thang with? If not I guess you're one of those polygamist dudes, huh? Well no worries, we had those in the Old Testament. I just hope you're prepared to financially support anyone else you've joined your intimate parts with! Till death do we part, amiright? :D
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Edward429451
Without God, the Bible won't help you.

In other words, there's no scripture that says a marriage is not honored by God unless one gets a marriage license from the state

Am I just supposed to take your word for it even though God never says this in His Word?

If it's not in God's Word then it's not His instructions. Thank you for playing.


not my fault you're missing out.

You've had opportunity to post scripture that says marriage is not honored by God unless one gets a marriage license from the state and you could not post any because the Lord never said this in His Word.



I know enough that you like antagonizing God’s people because you think they're not living as they should. You're judging them, you hypocrite. Yes, i know who you are.

Says the guy that's judging me! That's funny right there, I don't care you you are! :ROFL:



You need to read it yourself in the OT.

But I'm a Christian living in the New Testament.



YA YA YA !!!!!you again----grasping

Isn't that what the fake gospel people say when they get caught peddling the fake gospel?

Don't they always try to gaslight the ones calling them out as fakes? Sure they do.

They have to. What kind of fraudster doesn't play like their fraud is honest and stuff?



is your current girlfrie- errr "wife" the only lady you've done the wild thang with?

Yes.



If not I guess you're one of those polygamist dudes, huh?

Nope, no concubines here man.



Till death do we part, amiright?

That's the plan on my end.

Hopefully she doesn't back out of the deal.

You know how women are, sometimes they change their minds and stuff
 
Nope, no concubines here man.
Who said anything about concubines? I'm talkin' WIVES, dude! 'Cause apparently sex makes you married, right? ;)

But ok, thanks for clarifying. Assuming it's true I'm proud of you for that much at least :cool:


That's the plan on my end.

Hopefully she doesn't back out of the deal.

You know how women are, sometimes they change their minds and stuff

If that's truly your plan I'm proud of you for that too. :cool:

Men change their minds some too, they just leave it to the woman to file the paperwork;)

Is that why you don't want the certificate, you're scared she's not as serious as you and might change her mind and take your stuff? :unsure:
 
Well then that's what really counts.

This is why I love trolls, they're so dang hilarious :LOL::ROFL:(y)

But for real though, assuming you haven't made the whole scenario up.... why NOT get the certificate, is it just about her potentially leaving and taking your stuff? I get why you'd worry about that but if you trust her that little you shouldn't be doing the wild thang with her. Respect your intimate parts, dude! And hers too.......
 
But I'm a Christian living in the New Testament.

The OT is the NT concealed. The NT is the OT revealed.

Surely you remember that our God is the one who tells the end from the beginning?

Nope, no concubines here man.

I don't understand why you will accept be fruitful and multiply and obey that but there's more to it than sleeping with a girl and moving her in, God calls that Fornication and it is a sin.

You've had opportunity to post scripture that says marriage is not honored by God unless one gets a marriage license from the state and you could not post any because the Lord never said this in His Word.

Only because you know such a verse is not in scripture do you insist on it or else, your married and not sinning. Well Brother you have it wrong and by rationalization have deceived yourself. Do you think that God would interfere with State regulations? It's ridiculous to ask for such a verse.

WHy dont you want to include God in your marriage? Is there other lifestyle sins that are present that makes you shy away from God because you know what your doing is wrong, by scripture.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HeIsHere
This is why I love trolls

Yeah, I'm thinking you are the troll in this equation

That's the news coming out of Troll Central


why NOT get the certificate

Because one can be married without the states permission or paperwork.


Surely you remember that our God is the one who tells the end from the beginning?

Surely you remember Jesus came to do away with the old to establish the new right?


I don't understand why you will accept be fruitful and multiply and obey

Oh I'm not going to be multiplying. There's no need.

The world now has over 8.5 billion people so there's been enough multiplying going on without me adding any rug rats to the count.


God calls that Fornication and it is a sin.

No, we're married.

Just because we did get the state's permission and fill out their paperwork does not mean the Lord doesn't accept our marriage.

You've had opportunity to post scripture that says marriage is not honored by God unless one gets a marriage license from the state and you could not post any because the Lord never said this in His Word.


Brother you have it wrong - It's ridiculous to ask for such a verse.

So you're just making stuff up then and trying to push your opinion on to others.

Since God did not say Christians are required to get the state's permission and fill out their paperwork there's no instructions from the Lord to do this.

What other regulations and rules did you make up that YOU require people to follow that the Lord never said?

Is there like a spreadsheet or something with all YOUR requirements on it somewhere? :ROFL:
 
Because one can be married without the states permission or paperwork.
I believe this is true. But this has nothing to do with the Lord and Him being acknowledged in your marriage. But you don't want to talk about that. No BBQ's here you said, no party, no God.

Surely you remember Jesus came to do away with the old to establish the new right?

From the New Testament:

Matthew 5:16-18
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled..../KJV

So where does this say that the OLD Testament is passed away and not in effect anymore? It does not. Do you know how Covenants work? It doesn't sound like it...

Oh I'm not going to be multiplying. There's no need.

The world now has over 8.5 billion people so there's been enough multiplying going on without me adding any rug rats to the count.

What makes you think that no more multiplying by you is needed? Is that what God said or you said that?

(like God can't provide for one or two more kids, lol!)

No, we're married.

Just because we did get the state's permission and fill out their paperwork does not mean the Lord doesn't accept our marriage.

You've had opportunity to post scripture that says marriage is not honored by God unless one gets a marriage license from the state and you could not post any because the Lord never said this in His Word.

So if you are Married and sure of this within yourself...Why DId You Start The Thread asking? You are asking us Christians because you have felt conviction about your lifestyle, and thereby making your declared Marriage null and void and if you're scared to ask God these questions, then why do you resist what us Christian Brothers & Sisters have told you in answering your question? Doesn't make sense. You've been getting passively hostile to our answers to you because you are in Comfort Christianity. I want to be a Christian but only if I can continue my sinful lifestyle? Only if it doesn't cost me?

Brother, it doesn't work like that and you already know that.

So you're just making stuff up then and trying to push your opinion on to others.

Since God did not say Christians are required to get the state's permission and fill out their paperwork there's no instructions from the Lord to do this.

What other regulations and rules did you make up that YOU require people to follow that the Lord never said?

Is there like a spreadsheet or something with all YOUR requirements on it somewhere? :ROFL:

Since God did not say Christians are required to get the state's permission and fill out their paperwork there's no instructions from the Lord to do this.

Brother, nothing personal but you sound like an idiot or a troll when you keep on repeating this. You should just stop that.

There is a spreadsheet for these things in scripture, but for some reason, you pick and choose what you are willing to believe. The Bible Brother! And stop asking everyone else to do your homework for you. Or go troll somewhere else...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suze
Just because we did get the state's permission and fill out their paperwork does not mean the Lord doesn't accept our marriage.

Just because you did or did not?

Here's a tidbit to chew on and I will let you look up the scriptures.

Several Biblical passages refer to the negotiations requisite for the arranging of a marriage (Gen. xxiv.; Song of Songs viii. 8; Judges xiv. 2-7), which were conducted by members of the two families involved, or their deputies, and required usually the consent of the prospective bride (if of age); but when the agreement had been entered into, it was definite and binding upon both groom and bride, who were considered as man and wife in all legal and religious aspects, except that of actual cohabitation.

So you are Not Married yet!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Snackersmom
@Staff...

I bolded the last 5 words of my paragraph and then it would not let me un-bold the type.
 
I believe this is true. But this has nothing to do with the Lord and Him being acknowledged in your marriage. But you don't want to talk about that. No BBQ's here you said, no party, no God.



From the New Testament:

Matthew 5:16-18
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled..../KJV

So where does this say that the OLD Testament is passed away and not in effect anymore? It does not. Do you know how Covenants work? It doesn't sound like it...



What makes you think that no more multiplying by you is needed? Is that what God said or you said that?

(like God can't provide for one or two more kids, lol!)



So if you are Married and sure of this within yourself...Why DId You Start The Thread asking? You are asking us Christians because you have felt conviction about your lifestyle, and thereby making your declared Marriage null and void and if you're scared to ask God these questions, then why do you resist what us Christian Brothers & Sisters have told you in answering your question? Doesn't make sense. You've been getting passively hostile to our answers to you because you are in Comfort Christianity. I want to be a Christian but only if I can continue my sinful lifestyle? Only if it doesn't cost me?

Brother, it doesn't work like that and you already know that.



Since God did not say Christians are required to get the state's permission and fill out their paperwork there's no instructions from the Lord to do this.

Brother, nothing personal but you sound like an idiot or a troll when you keep on repeating this. You should just stop that.

There is a spreadsheet for these things in scripture, but for some reason, you pick and choose what you are willing to believe. The Bible Brother! And stop asking everyone else to do your homework for you. Or go troll somewhere else...
Yes , I agree , the fact that u needed to ask us about this shows that u yourself r not 100 per cent convinced , otherwise why even mention it . Your conscience isn't clear or u wouldn't b asking for our opinions on this , your own mouth has betrayed u , that's ok , it happens to us all occasionally . Seriously , ask yourself , why did u feel the need to come on here and debate this ? U wanted to . U wanted to speak to other Christians , u probably guessed what most of us would say but u still asked , u wanted to defend your position to someone , other Christians ? Or , maybe even God Himself ? Think about it and analyze your self in this matter .
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edward429451