This is what I think is a modern day knight in shining armor:
- The Understanding Man (aka being political correct, or to put another way, is a door mat)
- Is more than willing to treat a woman as royalty, but at the same time is more than happy to be treated as a peasant, in other words, he will treat the woman in his life as a high priority, but at same time is more willing to accept as being treated as a low priority
- Cannot open up a door for a woman just in case that act could be confused as some sort of assault
It does make me sad that some men think this, and apparently don't realize that not all women are this way (same thing with thinking all women are after money.)
I personally love good old-fashioned manners, and it's something I actually look for.
But it's also the equivalent of us women saying that all guys want is sex, and that every supposed knight in shining armor will expect/demand some sort of payment/token of gratitude for his good deeds.
This might just be me, but I think it's always important to realize--and verbally acknowledge--that there are (hopefully) always exceptions to the broad-brushed stereotypes.