Medieval Times, Part 1-- What Does a Modern-Day Knight in Shining Armor Look Like?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
This is what I think is a modern day knight in shining armor:

- The Understanding Man (aka being political correct, or to put another way, is a door mat)
- Is more than willing to treat a woman as royalty, but at the same time is more than happy to be treated as a peasant, in other words, he will treat the woman in his life as a high priority, but at same time is more willing to accept as being treated as a low priority
- Cannot open up a door for a woman just in case that act could be confused as some sort of assault
It does make me sad that some men think this, and apparently don't realize that not all women are this way (same thing with thinking all women are after money.)

I personally love good old-fashioned manners, and it's something I actually look for.

But it's also the equivalent of us women saying that all guys want is sex, and that every supposed knight in shining armor will expect/demand some sort of payment/token of gratitude for his good deeds.

This might just be me, but I think it's always important to realize--and verbally acknowledge--that there are (hopefully) always exceptions to the broad-brushed stereotypes.

S

Susanna

Well this seems like a total downer
I dare not speak my mind on what he said...I suspect the ban hammer to materialize over less than that.

LOL

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
It does make me sad that some men think this, and apparently don't realize that not all women are this way (same thing with thinking all women are after money.)

I personally love good old-fashioned manners, and it's something I actually look for.

But it's also the equivalent of us women saying that all guys want is sex, and that every supposed knight in shining armor will expect/demand some sort of payment/token of gratitude for his good deeds.

This might just be me, but I think it's always important to realize--and verbally acknowledge--that there are (hopefully) always exceptions to the broad-brushed stereotypes.
Bad experiences lead to most of this thinking; on both sides. I've had my share of it.

Trailblazer

Sep 8, 2014
There's no such thing as too much fun or adventure.

I would think it a bit uncomfortable riding a dirt bike while encased in shining armor. :rolleyes:
Its all about the visibility (being seen) and taking crash proofing ones self to an all new level. Maybe a bit overkill for me. For I rarely tip over, and never at speed. When I do, its usually due to the bike being high centered on a 4' boulder on a very adventurous trail.
With me being only 6' 6" tall. Ive tipped over a couple of times due to not being able to touch the ground.:eek:

A

AuntieAnt

Its all about the visibility (being seen) and taking crash proofing ones self to an all new level. Maybe a bit overkill for me. For I rarely tip over, and never at speed. When I do, its usually due to the bike being high centered on a 4' boulder on a very adventurous trail.
With me being only 6' 6" tall. Ive tipped over a couple of times due to not being able to touch the ground.:eek:
Any YouTube videos of your escapades? :)

Trailblazer

Sep 8, 2014
Any YouTube videos of your escapades? :)
Unfortunately not I have thought of getting a go pro. Should have bought one a couple of years ago. Bought an underwater camera instead. Suppose to be taking underwater pics while snorkeling and boating at the off shore islands on the West coast. Them Go Pro cameras can go fairly deep.

A fun ride? Check out Red Bull signature series Hare scrambles off road motorcycle race in Austria. Worlds toughest off road race. Once a year race is in an Iron Mine
Above my hill climbing ability, But my kind of riding

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013

Old fashioned manners -

Old fashioned courting dance

[video=youtube;pGbFHVB2GXM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGbFHVB2GXM[/video]

L

La_Vie_En_Rose

For me, my knight will be exclusive. Just like the knights in times of chivalry, he will only have one lady fair and ride with only one lady’s color, and that will be mine. I say “will” because I am expecting him to show up one day. Like all good girls raised on fairy tales, I believe them. I do not want a man with a divided heart and divided loyalties. My knight will give me his whole heart and leave nothing for other women. I am greedy. I want him all and complete, or nothing at all.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
What I want to know is, where were all those dragons coming from? Couldn't those knights hunt up a few breeding grounds and mount a concerted attack? >.>
So, I think the dinosaurs were called dragons back in the day. Think Comodo Dragon. I believe dinosaurs and dragons are interchangeable words. The word dinosaur was invented in 1842 I believe, but before that large reptiles would be called dragons. So, what we think of a Tyrannosaurus Rex, was called a dragon when man saw them. The secular "scientific" community are pushing the theory that dinosaurs lived before man, but this is false if you believe in the six day creation story of the Holy Bible.

As far as modern nights are concerned...

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
[video=youtube_share;GQXy84W2AZU]http://youtu.be/GQXy84W2AZU[/video]

Slightly cheesy movie maybe and yes the knight sans armor and the dragon are friends (sort of, watch the movie if you want to get it)), but it pretty much sums up the kind of code that makes "knights" (because if you think everyone who was called a knight lived up to such a code then you really have watched too many fantasy stories) just flat out desirable. Valor, virture, defending the helpless and weak, honesty and standing against wickedness. Yep that's a good start on a dream guy.