Men think, women think this. Women think, men think that.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deva_1972

Nov 3, 2011
A problem I have found with some men is that often they are too self-sacrificing - and what I mean is that all too often its like ok, we can do whatever you want to do, when really I want to do what he wants as well. It was like well, sheesh, you are losing your identity because you think it will make me happy to do whatever I want, when that isn't the case?? LOL i don't ask for that and it makes me lose respect for them, big time!

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
As for what we men think women think, and what women think we men think, I have no idea about any of it. All I know is I listen to what people say and the way their faces react and I make guesses about what they think. And what they think I think, I don't care.
That's too much thinking

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
A problem I have found with some men is that often they are too self-sacrificing - and what I mean is that all too often its like ok, we can do whatever you want to do, when really I want to do what he wants as well. It was like well, sheesh, you are losing your identity because you think it will make me happy to do whatever I want, when that isn't the case?? LOL i don't ask for that and it makes me lose respect for them, big time!
Ok then, I want to go bar crawling with my buddies from work, and I want you to DD.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Why talk about a problem if you are not going to try to solve it? What's the point? I'm a big fan of problem resolution. On the other hand, I also know a lot of men who are not problem solvers too.
I know men who can't point north at sunrise:LOL:

May 12, 2016
We can't read minds? Shoot... Oh well.

This thread reminds me of one of the girls I pick up on the church bus route. Last Sunday she was complaining because women can't fly fighter jets. (Whether they can or can't is not the point of this post. She thought women can't fly fighter jets.) She said angrily, "We can't fly them because they say we're too emotional. Too emotional!"

I said, "Hmm, so you're getting emotional about women being called too emotional?"

Fortunately I have known this kid for years so she is familiar with my sense of humor. She just made a sour face at me and kept talking.
Good one😲

I get the emotional wrecks you see on TV. I however don't know any of them. My female friends are ranchers, teachers, medical field, and missionary work. Not much room in them fields for drama. Gotta keep your head and keep your cool.

I get men in general are not the sharing type. I would help alot if they shared with their help meet (mate). Hint hint gents 😉

May 12, 2016
As for what we men think women think, and what women think we men think, I have no idea about any of it. All I know is I listen to what people say and the way their faces react and I make guesses about what they think. And what they think I think, I don't care.
Well be that way, I don't care either!!! (Huffing off!!!)

😋

May 12, 2016
the truth is there is a language barrire between the sexes and even when wimen do tell what they think, in our heads it sounds different.
True, neither sex knows how to listen or we go on defense. Instead of seeing: for example. ( "insert name", I FEEL this relationship is more one-sided) instead of seeing the "feel" knowing feelings are not always factual, the other party goes on defense, thinking it is acussing or blaming. ( with some mates they are ) but not always.
If I sit down to talk to someone about a problem, I'm going to # 1 expect they listen to what I say, #2 let me finish without interruptions. Then repeat back what they heard or understood it to be. Then address their side. However honestly, depending on how long I let something go before addressing it. That determines how open I am to receiving the other persons feelings.

It is a two way street of open and honest communication, and listening.

May 12, 2016
My understanding is that a lot of it is that men are more wired to solve the practical problem than provide emotional support. They want to fix it not just agree that yes this is a problem. It's not a wholly male trait as I'm wired like that too, but then my Dad has repeatedly told me that I think like a guy (at least in some ways).
Probably, but problems can't be solved if there is not a known cause. Mask the symptoms, but not solve the problem.

I may be a different type of woman. I don't need emotional support. I desire stability, Steady, reliable, trustworthy. Honest and open. The Lord and I take care of my emotions.

I did word the original post wrong. Empathy, compassion, and willing to show and share emotions.

"If your pissed at something I did, by George tell me". Don't just throw a fit. Or push it down and let it fester to the point of explotion. Then it becomes out of control. I guess that's what I'm getting at.

I did warn words aren't my strengths 😏

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Good thread :)

I’ve always wondered why the men that I’ve come across in my lifetime, whether it’s family, friends, social circles, online close friends of even colleagues aren’t as sensitive as women are.

Is it male attitude (not trying to be offensive), cultural or just a alpha ego?
I heard it said once (please no haters) that women tend to want a manly man for the most part but when she is hormonal she wants more femanin sensitive man..

May 12, 2016
I heard it said once (please no haters) that women tend to want a manly man for the most part but when she is hormonal she wants more femanin sensitive man..
Maybe, but oh Lord, I could not handle a needy feminine man. Good thing I don't get hormonal😁. I only turn into a Witch if I'm given a narcotic. Not to say I don't have bad days. Just not hormonal days.

Lol the fun in getting folks to open the windows. Its all good, keep it coming!!!😂

Deva_1972

Nov 3, 2011
No, I don't like needy feminine men either...understanding and strong, yes, but needy is such a turn-off!!

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Maybe, but oh Lord, I could not handle a needy feminine man. Good thing I don't get hormonal😁. I only turn into a Witch if I'm given a narcotic. Not to say I don't have bad days. Just not hormonal days.

Lol the fun in getting folks to open the windows. Its all good, keep it coming!!!😂
The actual word a "feminine man" was "gay" when i first heard it..

R

renewed_hope

Oh and gentlemen it is true: Women think that men should be able to read their minds.
I'm actually involved with someone who for the most part knows what I am thinking, its actually quite impressive and kinda scary too 😂